The online racing simulator
Definatelly LFS...
Why? Because i've become a mad man when it comes to LFS.. illepall
It gave me the best driving/racing feel, that no other sim did...
And now i can't believe that people can play other games, just because of the "real" cars and tracks, when there is no that good feeling like in LFS.. That feeling that i am in total control, that everything depends on me, and my reactions..
So yes, BIG influence on me..

Others are..:
Flimbo's quest(C64)
Phoenix (C64)
Earth worm Jim
Mafia
Rainbow six serial
Medal of honor allied assault
Richard burns rally
Revs for the BBC Micro

Papyrus Indycar Racing 2

Grand Prix Legends

Stunt Car Racing
Hmmm good topic

Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 1
Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 2
STAR WARS: Xwing & Tie Fighter (originals)
Warcraft 2
Doom 1
Doom 2
Quake 2 (my first real 3D shooter, i missed Q1 due to my hardware)
Need for Speed: 2-SE, 3-Hot Pursuit, 4-Road Challenge, 5-Porsche
System Shock 2 (had to put it in there because i thought it was so good at the time although i had to do some digging in this thread to remember it! ending was dissapointing for me as it only took 1 attempt :doh: )
Half-Life
Live for Speed

These are the games that have stood out for me over my gaming years, and given me the most enjoyment and longevity.
#79 - shim
system shock 2 was a damn good game..
#80 - Ziil
Prince of Persia
Doom
Tomb Raider
Stunts
F/A-18 Hornet
Need for Speed 1
F-22 Raptor - the arcade one not a flight sim.
Super Mario
Myst 4 - that game can make your head hurt and i love it it has some Real nice graphics( the darn thing comes in 2 DVDs when you buy itillepall ) and some REAL hard puzzels
Revs
Elite

BBC Micro. Rose tinted memories.

JT
I spent some time compiling this list as I liked the trip down memory lane:

FPS:
- Doom 1 & 2 (and much fun creating levels with DEU).
- Dark Forces.
- Quake2 (especially the ActionQ2 mod, best mod ever). Virtually skipped Q3 as AQ2 was so good. Quake1.
- Unreal (ooh, pretty graphics).
- Doom3 (play it alone in the dark, scary... aah, hehehe).

Adventure:
- Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max (both abosolutely brilliant).
- Broken Sword 1 (got BS2 but still not played it).

Racing:
- Lotus Challenge, F1GP & GP2, Micro Machines, Skunny Kart (MarioKart clone for PC), SuperKarts.
- NFS 2,3,4 & Porsche 2000 (all just multiplayer/split-screen).
- Live for Speed, S1 & S2.

Other Sims:
- Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, MiG-29 Falcrum, TFX.
- X-Wing, Tie Fighter.

Others:
- Sensible Soccer (a demo with an exploding football, hilarious).
- Scorched Earth (multiplayer magic).
- Utopia (ancient obscure strategy game).
- Warcraft 2.
- One Must Fall (probably still the best fighting game on the PC).
- Worms (not any later versions as they aren't as 'pure').

Sorry for the long list, it isn't just all the games I've ever played and I did have to edit some rather good ones out, it really is just the most enjoyable/memorable ones. I got into Linux a few years ago so my gaming isn't quite so prolific now.
Mind-blowing games back then:
Rainbow 6 & Rogue Spear
Falcon 4.0
Wing Commander 2
UFO: Enemy Unkown
Jagged Alliance
System Shock
Dreamweb
Terra Nova
test drive
space quest\police quest
wing commander 1-2-3
falcon
big red racing
and all of the papy sims, and microprose sims
Well, I think those game had a lot of influence on me:

- F1 Grand Prix (World Circuit)
- Testdrive
- Stunts
- eeahrm... I forgot the name of this it was a motorcycle racing sim from accolade
- grand prix 2
- nascar (1, from papyrus)
- operation flashpoint (still playing even after 5 years i cannot get enough of this)
- unrealm ut (with infiltration mod, much better than strike force)
- need for speed 1 and porsche
- eurofighter
- Sega Rally (PC) :P
- lfs (currently not that much)
Quote from mr_spoon :
- Worms (not any later versions as they aren't as 'pure').

I've forgotten about worms. My gf (now wife) fell about laughing at "I'm gonna get you..."
Good thread It's a big list because all of these games have hooked me in and kept me absorbing cathode radiation for hours upon hours. Could account for the paranoia I suppose...unless the CIA is making me paranoid with it's thought control satellites...

C64 - the beginning:
Dambusters, Ace of Aces, Turrican, Test Drive, Grand Prix Circuit, Powerdrift, Outrun, Attack of the Mutant Camels, International Soccer, Park Patrol, Midnight Resistance, Phantoms of the Asteroid (awesome soundtrack)

SNES: F-Zero, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country

PC: Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Command & Conquer, Need For Speed, Interstate 76 (too wicked!), X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Grand Prix Legends, Live For Speed, Medal of Honour Allied Assault (that Normandy level is insane, and Sniper Town rocks), Prince of Persia, The Sims, GTA3, GTA Vice City, Max Payne(s)(can't beat bullet time )

PS1:
Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Micro Machines 3D, Metal Gear Solid, Armored Core, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Ghost In The Shell, Silent Hill, Resident Evil(s) (closer .. closer .. BLAM BLAM SPLUTCH muaaahahahahaa!)

PS2: GT3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Silent Hill 2 & 3 (icky!), GTA San Andreas, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - great fun

I could go on ... but I won't. I can't remember anymore
Quote from Hankstar :Good thread It's a big list because all of these games have hooked me in and kept me absorbing cathode radiation for hours upon hours. Could account for the paranoia I suppose...unless the CIA is making me paranoid with it's thought control satellites...

C64 - the beginning:
Dambusters, Ace of Aces, Turrican, Test Drive, Grand Prix Circuit, Powerdrift, Outrun, Attack of the Mutant Camels, International Soccer, Park Patrol, Midnight Resistance, Phantoms of the Asteroid (awesome soundtrack)

SNES: F-Zero, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country

PC: Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Command & Conquer, Need For Speed, Interstate 76 (too wicked!), X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Grand Prix Legends, Live For Speed, Medal of Honour Allied Assault (that Normandy level is insane, and Sniper Town rocks), Prince of Persia, The Sims, GTA3, GTA Vice City, Max Payne(s)(can't beat bullet time )

PS1:
Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Micro Machines 3D, Metal Gear Solid, Armored Core, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Ghost In The Shell, Silent Hill, Resident Evil(s) (closer .. closer .. BLAM BLAM SPLUTCH muaaahahahahaa!)

PS2: GT3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Silent Hill 2 & 3 (icky!), GTA San Andreas, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - great fun

I could go on ... but I won't. I can't remember anymore

wow, we have a lot of favorite games in common.

i had dam busters for my colecovision but i think i only saw the dam once....maybe...... if that was actually the dam........

and i LOVE the dude from bruce lee as your avatar.

speedfreak227
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from speedfreak227 :wow, we have a lot of favorite games in common.

i had dam busters for my colecovision but i think i only saw the dam once....maybe...... if that was actually the dam........

and i LOVE the dude from bruce lee as your avatar.

His name and Green Yamo and he cannot be defeated! Except maybe by Bruce Lee ...

You seem to be a man of great taste and refinement Dambusters blew my tiny 12-year old mind (I was obsessed with 617 squadron and watched the film and read the book repeatedly) and it took up many of my C64 days, although I never did manage to fly all the way there from Scampton and bust the Moehne dam without getting PWND by Messerschmits on the way back. It was my first taste of game addiction...

C64-heads, go here: http://c64s.com/
Quote from Hankstar :
C64-heads, go here: http://c64s.com/

i went there but the games don't seem to be playable for me. maybe i need a newer java but mine should be pretty up to date.

i want to play Blue Max and Rags to Riches again!!!

speedfreak227
#91 - Smax
Hmmm I suppose it all started with a Printzsound [sp] thing that plugged into the telly and let you move lines that pretended to be racquets around to hit a blob which pretended to be a ball...called itself "tennis" although the "football" one was pretty much the same just with more blobs, kinda like primitive electronic table football. That must have been about the time that I was pestering my parents for 10pence pieces for a go on Space Invaders.

I had a coupla little hand held Pacmans and Donkey Kongs, then a 48k Spectrum, favourite games being Way of the exploding fist, Spyhunter and Attic Attack.

Then I stopped playing videogames for the best part of 15 years until I bought a PS1 Gran Turnismo 1,2 and Soulblade owned that, just as Gran Turismo 3,4 and Rachet & Clank own my PS2.

P.C wise the games I've lost most time to have been Unreal and Unreal Tournament 99, but I gave up on the UT series when UT2003 introduced all those silly disco stu break dancing moves and fubared the weapons [Thanks Cliffy B].

These days I'll play just about any FPS with a strong single palyer storyline, recent favourites being Far Cry and F.E.A.R. Multi player is taken care of by BF2/Special Forces, and other than NFSU2 & MW [which I happen to love :P] LFS is the only other game I have installed.
Quote from Smax :P.C wise the games I've lost most time to have been Unreal and Unreal Tournament 99, but I gave up on the UT series when UT2003 introduced all those silly disco stu break dancing moves and fubared the weapons [Thanks Cliffy B].

I hear you on that one. Did you wait for the UT2003 demo religiously? (I did). I was absolutely floored by how good it looked, but pretty pissed off with the whole scale and double jump quake-feel to it
#93 - Smax
I even went as far as taking part in the whole making up silly photoshops with a "in two weeks/where's the demo" thing that went on at the Planet Unreal Forums 'cos Mark Rein and Cliffy B used to read 'em. I worked the news on Unreality.dk, wrote map reviews on Come In Or Get Out, played with the [UITY] clan and in short was a total fanboi.
[even worse than Tristan ]
I was GUTTED when the unicorn turned out the be real after all and I finally played "teh demo", but I bought the game anyway...I and everyone else in the clan had unistalled it within a fortnight and that was that, I've never played any of em since, and having seen the UT2007 videos I'm not in any hurry to play that either.
Quote from Smax :I even went as far as taking part in the whole making up silly photoshops with a "in two weeks/where's the demo" thing that went on at the Planet Unreal Forums 'cos Mark Rein and Cliffy B used to read 'em.

lol, those posts were hilarious - I think I've still got some of the better photoshop's around on one of my boxes (http://images.theangryangel.is ... o/ut2k3demo1%2520copy.jpg) I think I've even still got a shot of when I managed to get my name of CliffyB's net-aware scrolling notify thing (http://images.theangryangel.is ... fe%20webcamwebcam32_2.jpg).

Quote from Smax :I worked the news on Unreality.dk, wrote map reviews on Come In Or Get Out, played with the [UITY] clan and in short was a total fanboi.
[even worse than Tristan ]

Those names definately ring a few bells I must admit that I too was a massive fan boy
worms (the first only, and later worms reinforcement)
age of empires (1, 2, mythology)
starcraft
heroes of M&M (3 & 4 a lot)
GPL
RBR slightly
Rome Total War
LFS, 0.1 to S2 alpha of course . to be continued.
#96 - Smax
[quote=the_angry_angel]lol, those posts were hilarious - I think I've still got some of the better photoshop's around on one of my boxes (http://images.theangryangel.is ... o/ut2k3demo1%2520copy.jpg) I think I've even still got a shot of when I managed to get my name of CliffyB's net-aware scrolling notify thing (http://images.theangryangel.is ... fe%20webcamwebcam32_2.jpg).

Nice one... I too seem to have pictures in my old homestead filedump account

http://houseofsmax.homestead.com/files/cliffsez.jpg
http://houseofsmax.homestead.com/files/karl2.jpg

And even one from Cliffy's silly "photshop this" distraction thread.

http://houseofsmax.homestead.com/files/markpic_smax.jpg

After I posted those my homestead account went over its bandwidth allowance 3 days in a row-the only times it's ever done so, it would seem that you and I were not the only fanbois....
rofl, such an awesome team of developers, an awesome group of people, an awesome engine - shame about the last few games they;ve released based on it
rally speedway (track editor, awesome drifts.....great multiplayer game!)
silent hill (the horror!)
counterstrike (i played it for too long to deny it :P)
gran turismo (was definately the first step i took from arcade racing to simulations)
total annihilation (best rts to date, supreme comander ist not out yet)

currently:
guitar hero (omg i rock!)
Id have to say grand theft auto, without it id never have got the courage to shoot people in broad daylight and steal cars

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG