The online racing simulator
I discovered yesterday that I have a problem with my MOMO black pedals (surprise!).

I that the red brake bar on the bottom right corner does not go down all the way, and I can see a little red "stub" which means that the brakes are applied all the time altho very lightly. I examined the outside of the unit, and it seems that I've been kicking the pedal a little bit too hard. The junky plastic pedal does not go back all the way after being depressed. When I look at the Controllers menu in the Windows Control Panel, my brake axis never goes to zero, there is always some brake being applied.

What can i do about it??? I dont want to race with the brake "on" all the time.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I've got a logitech MOMO Black. I've had it for about 10 months and have done over 20k in LFS mileage.

On Saturday I began to get a problem with the brake pedal. This problem had been occurring occasionally over the last few months but had just got much worse. The first time it happened I didn't even notice until someone pointed out the my brake lights were on all the time. It seems the brakes were coming on occassionally even though I wasn't using them. Now the problem was happening pretty much at least once every lap!

So, I decided to investigate. I took the pedals unit apart and could see the potentiometers on the end of the pedal axles. I plugged the unit in and moved the pedals. I found that the runners that the axles, or the axles themselves had warn slightly. This was allowing a bit of movement forward and back of the axles. I noticed that this movement can be caused by putting pressure on the sides of the pedals. This was causing the brake pedal potentiometer to move slightly giving a small signal that the brakes were on.

I also noticed that as I moved the potentiometers, a signal was produced. So, I moved the potentiometers as far back (so they produced no signal) as possible, put the pedal unit back together and bish-bash-bosh, job done, pedals fixed. No new potentiometers needed.

Just thought I'd share this as I'm sure others will have had the same problem.

Same problem I had. Here's the fix. (I quoted myself from earlier in this thread.) Problem still hasn't re-occurred.
This is really odd reading this stuff. My MOMO pedals had the problems for a long time. every thime I had the problem, I would un-plug and plug the pedlas back in and it was fixed for a while.
after about 15,000 races of wear they were fixed. now about 50,000 races they are absolutly perfect. The gas pedal is a bit loose now and it lost most of its texture but that is all. Heh, and after all that time I JUST found out that the pedals have that carpet grip device (which works great). illepall
I have a brand new set of pedals that have never been out of the bag. I don't even know if they work.
#79 - Jakg
What wheel is it?
I have problem with my Logitech Wingman Formula Gp such as justhim.
When I driwe for some time the gas pedal is shown as presed even when is fully released...It causes me a lot of trouble when i'm driving...and sometimes i can't press the break pedal (i can presse it but it doesn't show it fully presed)

Can you please help me

I'm from slovenia and i don't know where to get spare parts
logpedals.JPG
Quote from Kurdt :I have problem with my Logitech Wingman Formula Gp such as justhim.
When I driwe for some time the gas pedal is shown as presed even when is fully released...It causes me a lot of trouble when i'm driving...and sometimes i can't press the break pedal (i can presse it but it doesn't show it fully presed)

Can you please help me

I'm from slovenia and i don't know where to get spare parts

Read this webpage. You're problem is very easy to fix...
http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_m.html

Not to mention, before posting a problem with your pedals in a thread made for Logitech pedals that is 3 pages and 86 posts long, read through the thread. Covered many many times.
Yeap i know> but don't have time! Thx 4 help man, pedals work nice!
Is it in LFS or my pedals?

My wheel/pedal set is Wingman Formula Force GP, after using th pedals for... lets say, around an hour, it cuts throttle randomly.

I mean, when I push it pedal to the metal, it just suddenly cuts it, then it works again, and cuts again. Don`t really know how to describe it, but it`s comparable to fuelcutting.

I still can drive around, but it`s just freaking annoying when you`re trying to drift as hard as you can and it just cuts your throttle randomly.
To me it sounds like your pedals. I have the formula force GP wheel and pedals and have had nothing like this happen before, and i've played for hours with no problems.
Have you tried a different game? Does it do it on that game?
Quote from CrazyBrit :To me it sounds like your pedals. I have the formula force GP wheel and pedals and have had nothing like this happen before, and i've played for hours with no problems.
Have you tried a different game? Does it do it on that game?

The set is actually around 5 years old, or even older. Haven`t tried it in any other game, becouse I don`t have any. and I wouldn`t mind going 400 kilometers to my brother to see if the same happens in GT3...

How risky it is to open the pedals and clean up the pots and stuff? I mean, if there`s even slightest possibility to lose my pedals, wouldn`t mind doing that.
Glue the Pots!
Quote from Fordman :Cheers Mr Rodgers. I used to do the paper thing as well, but found that the pots, popped out, usually in a league race. I heard of gluing them, but I also wanted to be able to replace them when they went wrong, thats when I thought of Blue Tack.

If you spot glue them just above the ball(that pops into the holder) then they remain seated superbly and yet are easy just to pop off. Also I use Tamiya MOLYBDENUM grease. Its mainly used for gears on motors and stuff but it keeps it's consistancy and coverage and works well for the pedals!
I have a buddy at work who bought a set of pedals off Ebay here in the UK for a tenner with the pedals spiking. I just want to clarify the troubleshoot process.

1. Remove casing
2. Check for any loose contacts
3. Check for cracked leads.
4. If no fault found in wiring the pots are probably bad, replace as necessary with new ones that can be found on www.digikey.com. Use part number found on back panel and/or located on Pot itself. (296XD103B1N (or CT2265-ND for all the series)) Pot can either be glued down or stuck down with blue tack.
5. Once soldered back in place download the latest drivers from Logitech. http://www.logitech.com/index. ... d=411&selectedcid=320 (Click on your pedals in the drop down menu)

Replace cover and test =)
What do you mean by spikey? It can be taken two different ways.

1. Press the pedal and the throttle is not smooth. You can see the throttle move, drop down, back up, kind of like that?

2. You have full throttle, but in using, the throttle reduces down to 80-90% with full pedal?

Point 1, I would say either some electrical contact cleaner or new pot as you've posted. I have this currently. It spikes sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

Point 2, it spikes because of play in the pedal axis mount. You press full throttle, but the pedal rocks side to side a bit. This causes the autocalibration to spike and reset top range higher than your pedal normally goes. Thus, you now only see 80-90% throttle with full pedal deflection. I had this very early with my MOMO. It is from the tapered pedal axis in it's mount and is fixed very easy by wrapping a piece of black electrical insulating tape around both sides of the pedal axis. Once I did this, I never had this problem again for years.

Edit: Nice price from Digi-Key. $1.50 for the pot, $6 handling charge, and $8.65 for shipping to me! They could just put it in an envelope and ship it through the mail for $0.42 or whatever it costs for our snail-mail now. I'd be nearly halfway to the cost of a DFP if I could find them post-Christmas again on clearance....
Didn't want to start a new thread so I guess thats quite a good place to post.

I have some small but annoying problems with my pedals (Old Formula GP pedal set used as a clutch pedal). They had a hard life and now pedal has a working range from about 60-75% of range(when in Combined mode, in separete - the axis is read upside down and still has a small working range left). I tuned it with DXTweak so it works ok, but there is one thing that bothers me. When I start up PC, the pedal is kind of frozen in game controllers... Using DXTweak I can still see that the input from the pedal is still read, but its not shown on the end (read - not responding).

The thing that fixes it is re-plugging the pedals. And since the USB plug is on the back of the PC deep under the table (the USB plug on the front don't "fix" the problem somehow) its quite a hard operation. Is there any way to stop myself from hitting the desk with my head on my way back from out of the table everytime I wanna play?
Ok, it got worse, now the pedal doesn't respond in combined mode whatever I do. It does works in separete mode, but the axis is upside down (fixable in LFS, not a big problem) and the axis spikes quite badly.

Any help?
well i have a problem. i got the pedals working properly but they work in the opposite direction. I have full throttle when i dont touch the pedals and when i push them down i have no throttle at all
HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP
Do the pedal problems occur for DFP or MOMO only?
im talkin about my g25
Click INVERSE under axis..... ta da....all fixed.

the button SHOULD be beside all the different axis that are avaliable (x, y, z, rz)...
thanks matt now i have to figure out my csr problem
I meant pedal problems are general for all logitech wheels(except g25, thinkin of dfp & MOMO) or is it just MOMO specific?
Quote from Tisza :I meant pedal problems are general for all logitech wheels(except g25, thinkin of dfp & MOMO) or is it just MOMO specific?

Both Momo and DFP as the have quite the same pedals
That's not really nice... so let's say in about 1 or 2 years I shall expect that my pedals gonna brake or smthg?
Quote from Tisza :That's not really nice... so let's say in about 1 or 2 years I shall expect that my pedals gonna brake or smthg?

no, that doesn't happen to every single pedal set. And there was a made a fix in those pedals, so if you have Rev B wheel you shouldn't worry.

Logitech Pedals, some advice
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG