The online racing simulator
Torrent trackers are pretty much legal in most countries in Europe, but they aren't in the US.

The use of the logo is 100% illegal, and I hope Victor sends them a C&D soon.
I have a better idea!

We burn burn/melt them and make a Tire for our cars!
I hope these guys get burnt to the ground for using the logo. All the discussion about this site being illegal aside the logo, isn't it exactly the same as piratebay? Not hosting anything, just providing links..etc. Piratebay have been taken down now and the owners prosecuted, for the same thing as these guys.
Honestly, I doubt the devs will do anything about this. Why bother? So a torrent site uses their logo...

"Oh noes!"
My idea was good too

nvm.....
Some of you people are just straight up losers, I'd rather have my logo be associated with a torrent site then most of you lot, really I would.

It's blatant and its illegal so action will be taken, as for the content he hosts, well thats for him to worry about not you mini nerd detectives who seemingly wouldn't mind taking a bullet for a game.

And just for the record the :
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Legal_torrent_sites

Assuming the bittorent protocol does nothing but spread illegal copies of software and such, is like viewing the IP protocol in the same light, which is silly.
#32 - Jakg
Quote from sgt.flippy :Login failed

Crap. Fixed...
Quote from mcintyrej :I hope these guys get burnt to the ground for using the logo. All the discussion about this site being illegal aside the logo, isn't it exactly the same as piratebay? Not hosting anything, just providing links..etc. Piratebay have been taken down now and the owners prosecuted, for the same thing as these guys.

They have NOT yet been prosecuted, although they are about to get into another Court Case. They DID get raided, though.
That's TPB, and they are not breaking Swedish law. As such, their website is legal (but most of what they track isn't).
I think the wording of the charges against TPB pretty much means they can't have adverts on the site anymore 'Commercial gain from blahblahblah'.

The recent news of the charges isn't anything new, as I understand it 31st Jan was the deadline that charges had to be raised/dropped following on from the raids that the Swedish authorities were bullied into carrying out by the US lot. And I could be wrong about this, but the raids themselves are the subject of a case to see whether they were entirely legal or not.

Torrents are teh suck anyway.
Say, now we're pointing fingers about this piracy and stuff...

How/why did the OP found out about it?

And he's american where this kind of sites is illegal if I understand correctly...

*points finger and goes: oooh!!*
#36 - Jakg
Quote from duke_toaster :That's TPB, and they are not breaking Swedish law. As such, their website is legal (but most of what they track isn't).

No, but Sweden is under a lot of pressure to stop them.

ATM TPB "don't know" where the servers are located, which makes it a bit hard to shut them down even if the TPB guys go to Jail.
Quote from Jakg :No, but Sweden is under a lot of pressure to stop them.

ATM TPB "don't know" where the servers are located, which makes it a bit hard to shut them down even if the TPB guys go to Jail.

Of course Sweden is being put under pressure by America. Realistically, though, there servers are probably somewhere in Sweden.
Hello, I have just looked at the site, and yes they have used it with any credit or permission from the LFS Developers, I suppose with the Data we have from one of the earlier posts that Jakg made (thanks Jakg) to see if this can be pursued, although I'm sure they'll remove it if they are smart.

Another thing I would like to point out is that this was found today, I'm sure within a day they will read their Private messages and will remove it, otherwise most likely a hacker that may be reading will help out and just remove it for us hmm, do I smell someone hacking the torrent site?

BTW, Jakg, who did you get that info anyways, cause someone did that to me once and scared me.. LOL
#39 - Jakg
Whois, just had to find something that could Whois a .cd address.
Quote from duke_toaster :That's TPB, and they are not breaking Swedish law.

Well, we are soon to find out. Four of them are now on trial. (Either way TPB is definitely not entirely based in Sweden.)

Quote from Bean0 :Torrents are teh suck anyway.

Agreed.

Edit: Well, not literally "soon". It will most likely take years.
If they we're smart they'd come to Portugal. The lawsuit would take long enough to make itself expire. Just have to hope they don't go in for "preventive detention" for the whole period...
Nice to read that majority of people here would use lawyers as first step? What happened with conversation and reasoning?

And it doesn't take more than iq of a herring to see that there is basically 0 harm done to LFS. It is a torrent site which makes the scheme of things shady already. Do you think people will associate that site (with the logo) with LFS...?

In the end, it is just a private (?) website anyways... lawsuits, lols
#44 - JTbo
Remember those tobacco lawsuits? Now there is chance to devs make some serious cash by suing that site
Quote from JTbo :Remember those tobacco lawsuits? Now there is chance to devs make some serious cash by suing that site

You don't get cancer from torrents.
You don't quote the post right before yours.

Anyway, doesn't anyone think that it's free publicity? It's easy to remember the logo because it's similar to NFS And when people put it in Google, they'll get directed to lfs.net and go WOAH...
#47 - JTbo
Quote from Hyperactive :You don't get cancer from torrents.

Technically not, but staying up too long waiting torrents to finish download will increase risk and that site is bad for LFS image, people can get weird connection thinking it is LFS that spreads illegal files and will they buy LFS after that?

It means loss of image and income which means potential lawsuit
Quote from Hyperactive :Nice to read that majority of people here would use lawyers as first step? What happened with conversation and reasoning?

And it doesn't take more than iq of a herring to see that there is basically 0 harm done to LFS. It is a torrent site which makes the scheme of things shady already. Do you think people will associate that site (with the logo) with LFS...?

In the end, it is just a private (?) website anyways... lawsuits, lols

I`ll agree with you on this. It`s not like one of those big torrents sites, but it`s more a private one. Would be nice if they changed the logo, since it`s copyrighted, but in the end it isn`t the end of the world eighter.

Quote from JTbo :Technically not, but staying up too long waiting torrents to finish download will increase risk and that site is bad for LFS image, people can get weird connection thinking it is LFS that spreads illegal files and will they buy LFS after that?

It means loss of image and income which means potential lawsuit

LOL
Quote from JTbo :Technically not, but staying up too long waiting torrents to finish download will increase risk

Just go to bed and let it run. It will be finished in the morning and you did something for your seeding ratio.
Hehe, somebody wrote to them and they've already replied:

Quote : thanks for informing us ! we will do something !

Speed STAFF

-------- LFSBrowse wrote: --------
Hello Zia, These are the fans and moderators requesting for you to change the logo of your site.

It is a violation under many circumstances, that you have used our logo for your site.

We do not have any intention of pursuing you unless needed, but we would like you to replace the logo with something else, because Live For Speed, is for the Game, not for a family-safe torrent site.

Please find another logo, we'd greatly appreciate it. Please do not make us pursue the subject again.

Thank you and best wishes.

The LFS Staff,Moderators, and Fans.

Torrent site stole your logo!
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG