The online racing simulator
Wow, great little application. +1 for implementing it as an option in-game
Congrats guys , you made a lovely app. !
fantastic program! i have a problem, and a solution to it. as said in the first post, the app does no error checking and therefore closes if anything goes wrong. i would usually catch it through strange red insim failure messages ingame and start it back up, but i noticed that it rarely stays active for over a lap. i've made a simple .bat file that will automatically run lfs and the app, and will automatically re-open the app if it should close.

put this into notepad and save as camlevel.bat or whatever:

@echo off
START LFS.exe /insim=10000
:Start Camlevel
START /min /WAIT camlevel_w4h.exe
GOTO Start Camlevel
END

put it in your lfs s2 directory (where camlevel.exe should be already) and make a shortcut to your desktop.

but yes, fantastic app and +1 for adding it to lfs.
Thanks for the .bat script treydeal, works perfect
Hi

I have a problem here. I am not able to look at the sides (which is essential for clean racing)

Has some repair to that?

Thanks.
Quote from hugoluis :Hi

I have a problem here. I am not able to look at the sides (which is essential for clean racing)

Has some repair to that?

Thanks.

Quote from Rotareneg :It's terribly primitive, you can't look left or right while it's running because it just overrides the camera setting to do what it does.

Bumpity bump :o can we except any new versions or is the app as complete as it'll ever get ?
Nice, i use it, very good work.
Very nice addition. Good work
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i tried it now.. done everything you said here but i get to the point
where it says cam open and all... but then i get OUTSIM : ENABLED
ÓUTSIM : CLOSED repeatedly over & over....

what am i doing wrong?

think i got it now...lol game is set to danish...sowyyyyyyy

nope that got me the same message.. outsim enabled - outsim closed.. repeatedly

hmmm

Same problem for me....

I'm using LFS ver.Y14 btw, could it be the problem?
You could try to use the .bat-script posted by treydeal in post #56. The application works fine in Y14, at least for me.
very very nice! my eyes will thank you a lot specially on bumpy roads.

Btw as a suggestion, could you make so as the viewing point wasnt so steady? I mean, something inbetween what LFS has and what you put?
Quote from LiveForBoobs :very very nice! my eyes will thank you a lot specially on bumpy roads.

Btw as a suggestion, could you make so as the viewing point wasnt so steady? I mean, something inbetween what LFS has and what you put?

+1 for a adjustable mix between built-in head movement and this "real life" mod. Also please please enable looking to sides / trackir support! I wish I knew how to code stuff..
It doesn't work for me.

I type "/insim 10000" when i'm in a race, and yet it doesn't seem to have any effect, after launching the program (i don't get an of the txo messages mentionned above).
Any advice ?
Is Scawen aware of this? It makes the game 'feel' much more real. Now you can 'feel' the difference between car setups much better for example.

It is a worthy feature to implement imo!
#67 - Juls
Yes, this is the best improvement in immersion I have seen since years. It has to be implemented !
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i tried it now.. done everything you said here but i get to the point
where it says cam open and all... but then i get OUTSIM : ENABLED
ÓUTSIM : CLOSED repeatedly over & over....

what am i doing wrong?

think i got it now...lol game is set to danish...sowyyyyyyy

nope that got me the same message.. outsim enabled - outsim closed.. repeatedly

hmmm

Resolved the problem. I put OutSim Port 10001 in LFS cfg.txt same as in camlevel_cfg.txt
that vid looks awesome! hey this brings me on my next question:

is there a way to gradually look left/right based on your steering wheel?

ok say that your taking a nice big left turn, usually youll just look straight ahead, but it would help to look more into the apex so you can see where your gonna end up...this would help out drifting too

or maybe it should be based on your car angle? i dunno just a thought and just wondering if its do able
Quote from darkinertia :
is there a way to gradually look left/right based on your steering wheel?

Select view menu in options and choose steer tab on Look function.
Out of curiousity, what do you guys set the ingame g-force settings to? Mine are pretty low so I bumped them up a bit so I could notice the effect. It's still hard for me to notice. I think its running but who knows.
Hey this is an 'extra' movement. So you will notice it best if you turn all the forces completely down.
Quote from Benja1972 :Resolved the problem. I put OutSim Port 10001 in LFS cfg.txt same as in camlevel_cfg.txt

I'm having the same problem. My cfg file already has 10001 as Outsim Port. Not sure what the real fix is supposed to be. Only happens during multiplayer.
Really hope I'm not doing anything wrong [posting on a old topic]
Well.. I just wanted to use this on patch Z.. I did everything here, read every post, did the .bat thing too, configured everything... worked on patch Y here, but didn't work on Z.. so I took Y's cfg.txt to patch Z [of course doing the correct adjusts]
and it worked, but... [see attachment]

That happens when I enter a race [when the program tries to apply the camera]

I spent a entire hour trying to make this work, and it doesn't

Sad, though. I wanted to continue using this program, its pretty good
Attached images
error.JPG
Any chance on an update of this?

Seriously? It was epic... =(

"Real life" camera pitch/roll with InSim
(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG