The online racing simulator
Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
it's a road that has almost zero upkeep...

note: i say almost because i drive there.

and i have absolutly no money, yet i like motorsports. btw, i am with a league of drivers.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :Rent a track. don't put other citizens who don't want to race in danger.

+1
Because I really don`t care if these "people" (wanted to say idiots, but was beeing kind) drive themself to hell, just as long they don`t take others life with them. I`m so tired of reading about some retards that having a "race" on public road, then they crash and kills someone that has nothing to do with it. I swear, if I lost my brother or something that way, and the driver who crashed him survived, I would make it very clear what I would feel towards him.
Quote from atlantian :I do street racing but that's only because i have no money for the track and there is a long and mountinous road right outside my driveway, and there are no traffic whatsoever at 2 am. and i have been doing this long since before i got my license

How you define "street racing" is going to have a big effect on how retarded that is. If you're just enjoying an empty road a little quicker than normal and taking lines that you can't when there's traffic, ok. I think we've all done that. I think a lot of us still do, but within reason. But if you're going out and trying to fang it as fast as you can and doing crazy shit that leaves you absolutely no room to compensate for errors or unexpected occurrences such as animals crossing the road at a blind corner, make sure you visit the dentist soon because that may be the only way to identify your corpse.

Enjoying your car on a nice empty road and street racing are two very different things. You'll get no applause bragging about "street racing" on this forum. That crap belongs in NFS, along with car-bling and shit physics
Road is empty when you put fences and barriers to it, until then there will be someone sooner or later.

It is not once that I have seen motorbike/moped dude without lights at side of road that should been empty, people walking in places where I have not seen houses for 20 km, some oldtimer driving to opposite direction with half beam and middle of road. All at night 2am or similar and in places where there was no chance to believe someone would be out there.

Luck is enough just so far, when you run out of luck, it ends ugly or if you understand risks and act with reason, not by feeling, things can end up much better.

Dude in M5 thought probably that he plays safe, there is nobody on empty runway, too bad he was not very bright and did not put anything to mark braking position, in other words he forgot to think possibilities before hand, he forgot to engange brain or did not have enough.

Do you like to end up same way or do you care to listen a bit what others tell you, others that may have bit more experience in such?
they are different levels of street racing, and its prob going to differ from country to country.

for example where i am, you'll see 3 different types of street racing

Type where someone rolls up next to you and u end up racing down some street, or on the highway where your dipping in and out of cars.

Type where you go to a certain spot looking for a race

type where you organize a race with someone for money or something.

If you go out looking for a race you tend not to do it in a place where there are other people. for that reason i think its only retarded when u do it in a place where u can hurt someone not involved.
Quote from atlantian :Meh, people who race amonst heavy traffic are retards. not as an offense or anything, but just because they totally neglect that they can get run over or smacked and rammed off the road by oncomming cars that most likely is bigger then them.

The more important reason is that they totally neglect that THEY can run over or smack and ram off the road other cars that are smaller than them...
Quote from atlantian :Meh, people who race amonst heavy traffic are retards. not as an offense or anything, but just because they totally neglect that they can get run over or smacked and rammed off the road by oncomming cars that most likely is bigger then them.

I do street racing but that's only because i have no money for the track and there is a long and mountinous road right outside my driveway, and there are no traffic whatsoever at 2 am. and i have been doing this long since before i got my license

So that, by your definition, makes you a retard!
Quote from atlantian : (Blah blah blah)...... and i have been doing this long since before i got my license

So, Driving without a license as well, and therefore presumably no insurance?
My, aren't you a hero!!!!
It's a good job that you were lucky and didn't kill or injure anybody; maybe the next time your luck will run out, then what will you do?

[edit] Just checked your profile...
We have a collective noun for 16 year olds who think its fun to drive cars fast at night...

We call them TWATS!
[/edit]
If he's still alive then, he'll probably say "awww, i'm sooooo sorry for crashing your car!" to the guy (daddy?) who did lend him his car... because he has no money.

@atlantian:
I strongly suggest to take the advice given to you in this topic.
Quote from Bladerunner :[...][edit] Just checked your profile...
We have a collective noun for 16 year olds who think its fun to drive cars fast at night...

We call them TWATS!
[/edit]

I call them a death waiting to happen...

Call me morbid, but as long as they don't take out some innocent bystander, there is this strange satisfaction I feel whenever I read some twat crashed his car at obviously way too high speeds...
Quote from bbman :I call them a death waiting to happen...

Call me morbid, but as long as they don't take out some innocent bystander, there is this strange satisfaction I feel whenever I read some twat crashed his car at obviously way too high speeds...

If I said that I'd be flamed to hell. So I won't say it.

I agree with you though!
Who wants to go build a solid, concrete wall on that road and paint an ongoing road on it?
Quote from Jertje :Who wants to go build a solid, concrete wall on that road and paint an ongoing road on it?

Well, actually - you have a good point there. You never know what kinds of pranksters live around there and have seen you doing those high-speed night runs. I remember my dad told me once he was riding his motorcycle at night on a road he DIDN'T know, and next thing he knew someone had put one of those concrete blocks that are normally in parking spaces across the road. He hit it, went airborne and landed under the motorcycle and slid like 200 feet. He says if it wasn't for his leather jacket he'd probably be dead. Had the bone sticking out of his elbow though. The people probably thought it'd be funny if a car hit it (to whatever extent funny is when you destroy your front axle and the airbags deploy) but likely didn't consider what'd happen if a motorcycle came by. Yet another reason why to not race on public roads.

Oh, and just to clear this up now, no he wasn't SPEEDING. He was going under the speed limit but he came around a bend and couldn't do anything about it.
well i just started because of it's popularity here... people race the roads here... the road is one lane, one road, and has an uphill and down hill section. so no chance of headon collision. and WHO THE HELL WALKS on MOUNTAIN ROADS at the dead of night?!?! if it's a hobo, it's okay, the dents will buff out....

Quote from Stang70Fastback :Well, actually - you have a good point there. You never know what kinds of pranksters live around there and have seen you doing those high-speed night runs. I remember my dad told me once he was riding his motorcycle at night on a road he DIDN'T know, and next thing he knew someone had put one of those concrete blocks that are normally in parking spaces across the road. He hit it, went airborne and landed under the motorcycle and slid like 200 feet. He says if it wasn't for his leather jacket he'd probably be dead. Had the bone sticking out of his elbow though. The people probably thought it'd be funny if a car hit it (to whatever extent funny is when you destroy your front axle and the airbags deploy) but likely didn't consider what'd happen if a motorcycle came by. Yet another reason why to not race on public roads.

Oh, and just to clear this up now, no he wasn't SPEEDING. He was going under the speed limit but he came around a bend and couldn't do anything about it.

^damn, that's sick... that really sucks
Quote from atlantian :well i just started because of it's popularity here... people race the roads here... the road is one lane, one road, and has an uphill and down hill section. so no chance of headon collision. and WHO THE HELL WALKS on MOUNTAIN ROADS at the dead of night?!?! if it's a hobo, it's okay, the dents will buff out....

Hmmm...who does walk around at night on mountain roads. Well, without being specific I'd say PEOPLE WHO HAVE A REASONABLE EXPECTATION NOT TO GET HIT BY SOME KID IN A CAR but that's not the point.
Quote from atlantian :WHO THE HELL WALKS on MOUNTAIN ROADS at the dead of night?!?!

Dogs, cats, small furry rodents, deer, raccoons, squirrels, garbage cans blowing in the wind, tree branches, potholes, ice patches...

...see where I'm going with this?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Dogs, cats, small furry rodents, deer, raccoons, squirrels, garbage cans blowing in the wind, tree branches, potholes, ice patches...

Add to that, someone who's car just broke down around the next turn....
Quote from mrodgers :Add to that, someone who's car just broke down around the next turn....

Of course he has electrical fault too and he has nothing reflective in his dark clothes, I mean when there is bad luck, it usually hits worst possible way and it never is nice.

I have experienced really lot of most weird things on road, specially at night, thing is you never can't overestimate stupidity of man, so best you can do is leave marginal, loads of marginal, it might not help you avoid hitting something, but at least you will be mostly in one piece.

I find many of these rather impossible, but yet those have happened, there is lot of farming equipment, that moves quite slowly, but still people can crash fatally in them, that is 40kph, should be impossible by any standards, but things happen
#144 - Dac
i agree street racing should be banned completely. if you have a passion for cars and driving like i do then you wouldnt want to race in the streets. you could kill/injure somebody, lose your license, ruin your car, not to mention it would be an unfair race anyways. i prefer city courses in really scenic settings to be the most enjoyable. so you can see where the two may clash.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Dogs, cats, small furry rodents, deer, raccoons, squirrels, garbage cans blowing in the wind, tree branches, potholes, ice patches...

It's called a bull bar on the front of my modded foreign compact car.

jk, it's actually very much stock, but i want to install a bull bar in front... like the cowcatchers on trains. and i can get past ice patches okey, just a month ago i raced someone in the snow, uphill AND downhill sections...

but @ doc, it is banned, but our team here is pretty good, the pigs are not as fast as us through corners, they don't have the teenage sense of immortality to bomb through corners...

...then again it's REALLY stupid that i am bragging about this online to defend my self...
Quote from atlantian :It's called a bull bar on the front of my modded foreign compact car.

jk, it's actually very much stock, but i want to install a bull bar in front... like the cowcatchers on trains.

So that animal you hit flies to passenger seat of your car and you can cook it later?

Little tip:
Train = big, high, heavy
Compact car = small, low, light

maybe picture can make it bit more clear:

See? Don't get yourself injured/killed

Edit: it is not stupid, I think it is better that you talk here, even you don't get response you would like, it may offer different point of views, which widens your view to world, that usually helps you find ways and acts that help you in what you do or don't, that is idea of discussions in first place, to get more perspective and information
Quote from atlantian :and i can get past ice patches okey, just a month ago i raced someone in the snow, uphill AND downhill sections...

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can say now, after that statement, that will make me believe you are even mildly intelligent. I have an AWD Subaru, and even I don't dare race on public roads in the winter. That's just... stupid.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Unfortunately, there is nothing you can say now, after that statement, that will make me believe you are even mildly intelligent. I have an AWD Subaru, and even I don't dare race on public roads in the winter. That's just... stupid.

Well, he is same dude that posted poll about GT5 vs PC or something, so either he does not know too much or is not thinking too much (which leads him to look like not too intelligent) so hopefully we don't see him disappearing at time when there is newspaper telling from another accident that did happen to youngsters racing at night.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Unfortunately, there is nothing you can say now, after that statement, that will make me believe you are even mildly intelligent. I have an AWD Subaru, and even I don't dare race on public roads in the winter. That's just... stupid.

oh, no racing with the awd is safer then what i have done,
ES300
-and-
old FR Celica i picked up

i raced those both in snow...

oh, BTW, i think i am planning to do junior WRC during junior year of college!!!
Quote from JTbo :Well, he is same dude that posted poll about GT5 vs PC or something, so either he does not know too much or is not thinking too much (which leads him to look like not too intelligent)

I'm sure he isn't capable of thinking.

Street Racing Opinion?
(252 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG