The online racing simulator
new car Suggestions : XF V8
(27 posts, started )
new car Suggestions : XF V8 & XF MR
ya, XF V8, just like Renault Cilo V6, XF V8 is a MR hatchback machine. Put on the V8 engine of Formula V8, & the TCS of BF1.
Engine output is lesser than GTR class, but because of it is very light, it can Knock the GTR class out if there is many slow coner & hairpin.

XF MR is also a MR hatchback machine. but it just got a FXO 1.9 L turbo flat-4 engine, because XF MR is RWD car, it can support more power, so the engine can bore up to 2.0L & high pressure turbo to power up to 270hp. It maybe at the same class with LX4. XF is heavier than LX4 very much, but XF MR get a powerful engine, so, the XF MR can be eat LX4 in some power circut like West Hill.
So a road going version on par with the LX4, and a GTR at the 500HP class' level?
I like the idea, but I think it would be better if it had the same engine type in both models.
Quote from Breizh :So a road going version on par with the LX4, and a GTR at the 500HP class' level?
I like the idea, but I think it would be better if it had the same engine type in both models.

I think it is match on 500HP GTR class

FO8's data:
Formula V8FO8MR formulaRWD3.0 L V8335 kW (450 hp)600 kg (1324 lb)
XFR's data:
XF GTRXFRFF race carFWD2.0 L inline-4172 kW(230 hp)840 kg (1851 lb)
FZR data:
FZ50 GTRFZRRR race carRWD3.6 L boxer-6365 kW (490 hp)1100 kg (2424 lb)

v8 is 450 hp, but fzr is 490hp
than, fzr is 1100kg, xfr is 840kg
after we put a V8 engine on, it will heavier, maybe around 900kg, & engine might under tune to suitable for XF chassis, maybe around 400hp
so, the XF V8 is 444.44hp/ton, & the FZR is 445.4545hp/ton
I'd much prefer a RWD V8 or Rally car over sexing up an existing model We already have too many new layouts of existing tracks (imho) and I wouldn't like seeing the same thing happen with cars. We already have two of each kind of closed-wheeler (and three XRs) and I think even one more XF-shaped car would be overkill.

If there was going to be a new variant instead of a whole new car I'd say work on the lonely & underpowered RB4, which definitely deserves a GTR or Rally version.
The XF V8 can be suitable for rally, just like Stratos.
I meant a modern WRC-style rally car: 2 litre, turbo-charged front-mounted 4cyl engine, 4WD.

Although a Stratos would be great fun! IIRC they never had anything under the bonnet crazier than a Ferrari 246 engine though, which was plenty crazy enough.
Quote from Hankstar :I meant a modern WRC-style rally car: 2 litre, turbo-charged front-mounted 4cyl engine, 4WD.

Although a Stratos would be great fun! IIRC they never had anything under the bonnet crazier than a Ferrari 246 engine though, which was plenty crazy enough.

after I see you talk about crazy, I was think about this...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Suzuki_XL7_Hill_Climb_Special.jpg/800px-Suzuki_XL7_Hill_Climb_Special.jpg
Quote from scania :after I see you talk about crazy, I was think about this...

Oh my god... xD
Quote from scania :after I see you talk about crazy, I was think about this...

Ummm.....THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!!
I want that car!
Hey~~~ we are talking about XF MR & XF V8, not the Suzuki XL7 Hill Climb Special~~~~
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Oh my god... xD

That would seriosly be overpowered for the game o_O
Think of the T1 mayhem with that evil thing?
Oh my god lol, then we would be putet back to good old demo times

Edit sorry Scania for going off topic :sorry:
Quote from The Very End :That would seriosly be overpowered for the game o_O
Think of the T1 mayhem with that evil thing?
Oh my god lol, then we would be putet back to good old demo times

Edit sorry Scania for going off topic :sorry:

so, XF V8 is got enough
Quote from scania :so, XF V8 is got enough

Yeah, it does sound nice. But I`m not completely sure if I want a new kind of that type of car. I rather want some new and drastically, like a rallycross car or something, something completely new
Road car variation might work, but I'm not sure about GTR version. It wont work just with new engine and RWD. XF has a quite high CoG and a lot narrower tyres. It also has no adjustable downforce, worser aerodynamics, so it should be quite a new car, with ony common part with XFR being lights to fit the GTR class ...

Good idea tho
The way I read it, it wouldn't be an XFG with a new drivetrain, but a whole new car, most comparable in shape to the XFG. It's a nice idea because it satisfies a number of the new things LFS most needs: a big lumpy V8 in a road car (better yet in race trim inside a GTR as well), an MR drivetrain GTR to go with the three we've already got AND not just another inline 4 turbo, and competition for the LX4.
It would be a very good addition. The only con I see is how quirky a short wheelbase MR would be. It probably could work out well with its GTR chassis (but even then wouldn't be as fun and easy to drive as a longer and wider model), but it'll more probably be a handful which is not the best of additions to the class, when 100% of the LX4 class is already a pretty special animal to master.
Wouldn't really be good. THe V8 is TOTAL overkill. Even the Clio wasn't that good. THe V8 is too powerful and too heavy for such a small car. A car with lots of power is fast. And for that you need a bigger car - a longer wheelbase at least. SHort car would be VEEEEEEEEEERYYYYYYYYYYYYY nervous at high speeds. This would never work in a GTR IMO. Road car maybe, just maybe, but not in a GTR...
I don't think so either, but with a more adapted V8 it would work.
If I had to choose, I'd definitely take an MR layout like the F430's, but if an MR hatchback like the Clio V6 was all we could have, it'd be ok as an LX4 class road car and 500HP GTR racer.
Or maybe with slicks and little (if any) mods to go into the FWD GTR class. I'd still take a "real" MR for both road and 500HP GTR classes, but it wouldn't be all bad if we got what he's describing, minus those issues.
Quote from Primoz :Wouldn't really be good. THe V8 is TOTAL overkill. Even the Clio wasn't that good. THe V8 is too powerful and too heavy for such a small car. A car with lots of power is fast. And for that you need a bigger car - a longer wheelbase at least. SHort car would be VEEEEEEEEEERYYYYYYYYYYYYY nervous at high speeds. This would never work in a GTR IMO. Road car maybe, just maybe, but not in a GTR...

I think you are forget the golf W12

Quote from Breizh :I don't think so either, but with a more adapted V8 it would work.
If I had to choose, I'd definitely take an MR layout like the F430's, but if an MR hatchback like the Clio V6 was all we could have, it'd be ok as an LX4 class road car and 500HP GTR racer.
Or maybe with slicks and little (if any) mods to go into the FWD GTR class. I'd still take a "real" MR for both road and 500HP GTR classes, but it wouldn't be all bad if we got what he's describing, minus those issues.

but I hope that XF V8 is a 400ps semi road car
500ps hatctback is too crazy

Quote from Primoz :Wouldn't really be good. THe V8 is TOTAL overkill. Even the Clio wasn't that good. THe V8 is too powerful and too heavy for such a small car. A car with lots of power is fast. And for that you need a bigger car - a longer wheelbase at least. SHort car would be VEEEEEEEEEERYYYYYYYYYYYYY nervous at high speeds. This would never work in a GTR IMO. Road car maybe, just maybe, but not in a GTR...

We can tune down the V8 engine
Scania, please learn to use the multiquote function please.
An MR XF would just be absurd in my opinion. The car looks way too dated to be a nice MR machine like the Clio's and VWs that are specially made. You need a much more modern hatchback to make a nice MR setup.

On top of that, I don't think it would be on the level of competition of the GTRs for various reasons. Power output versus the weight of the little car would throw everything off versus the bigger GTRs. On top of that, the wheel sizes on the GTRs are HUGE, and the grip of this little "XF V8" car would in no way match the GTRs because it would need to use much smaller diameter wheels, and narrower width. Then you get into the question of it having a proper aero package, and not all hatchbacks look good with a huge rear wing, and I know the XF would definitely look horrible.
Yes,i like your advice fantasy!
zhi chi !!
He didn't say it had to have the XFG/R bodywork.
Quote from Breizh :He didn't say it had to have the XFG/R bodywork.

The XF is the XF, why would he have to say it has the XF bodywork when it is already known?

What, is the XF a pickup truck?
#25 - Osco
renault 5 GT turbo anyone? MR layout and crazy power from a smallish engine
I'll take that over any V8

new car Suggestions : XF V8
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG