The online racing simulator
Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
Only one real-life track
Ok

Let's say Scawen and the lads put all of their hard-earned cash into gaining the rights to use one real-life track. Fantasy for now, I know, but which would you pay the price-tag for?

For me it would be Bathurst, and here's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ErEB2rfGoM

Offline and on, it would be an absolute joy to race on.

An independent oz track like this would be easier to gain rights to than an F1 circuit I would have thought?

Correct me if I'm wrong!
I only want an oval from America, so that I can sleep soundly at night knowing that I perpetuated another stereotype.

But seriously, I would like Road America, since it is beloved internationally, and it is a killer brakes and tires...you have to be skilled with not only racing but tire management.
Maybe if they are considering doing it for S3, we could prompt them with a few of our best choices?

Likewise, they could let us know which ones are feasible and which aren't?

If it's gonna cost, it should be an amazing circuit and not just one that's easy to get rights to, in my opinion.

I am SO sick of Laguna Seca in every sim/game
I really dont like Laguna but I see why some people do. Bathhurst would be awesome and road america. I'd throw in road atlanta but I'm a bit baised as I live not too far from there.
VIR(ginia international raceway) would be my pick, but as far as ovals go, something like bristol would be the best because it's such a short oval and has such high banked turns, and that's something LFS really needs, cause the KY oval is just more like a high speed track than anything else.
Much as I applaud the enthusiasm, this is essentially a "let's think of tracks we want added to LFS" thread. I think if the devs are ever able to add a real circuit it will simply be because they were able to add it for free or very cheaply (they've already had that opportunity and declined in fact, Mondello Park iirc, ask Nikimere), not because they saw the idea on the forum.
I would have thought they had some interest in what their customers were asking for?

Mondello is a poor track at the best of times and would have been a terrible first real-life track to introduce, so maybe that's why that was thrown out.

Do we need another oval though?
Quote from petercollins :I would have thought they had some interest in what their customers were asking for?

Mondello is a poor track at the best of times and would have been a terrible first real-life track to introduce, so maybe that's why that was thrown out.

There's a whole forum sub-section devoted to our improvement suggestions. I really don't know where you see this going that the thousands of real-life-track suggestion threads haven't, but good luck to you.
Quote from petercollins :I would have thought they had some interest in what their customers were asking for?

Yeah we need another oval, speaking as a newly converted oval racer (I got NASCAR 2003, 3 weeks ago) there is a big difference from what we've got now, and what can be done. The current one is just tape the pedal to the floor and let it run.

Personally I think we don't need a Real Life track, though a new venue is needed and not a re-route of an already existing track. But I'm sure the Dev's have some kind of a plan.
#10 - JTbo
I prefer club racing, so this is my choice:
Quote from XCNuse :VIR(ginia international raceway) would be my pick, but as far as ovals go, something like bristol would be the best because it's such a short oval and has such high banked turns, and that's something LFS really needs, cause the KY oval is just more like a high speed track than anything else.

Acctually, it's V.I.R. Virginia International Raceway, and a thousand times yes to it being in LFS. Full, North, South, East Grand, West Grand, Patriot, Plantation Valley Kart track (for the MRT).

It's not an official track in any other sim that I am aware of, and it's an awesome drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DkJsrlg-08
www.virclub.com
Bathurst is one of my favourites IRL (and in GPL) but I think the top section across the mountain would be the scene of much carnage - that's if you could get through T1 unscathed. But that's pickup racing for ya. Bathurst would definitely rock for league & competition races :up: If we had that track though, we'd need a 5.0L V8 600hp RWD beast to do it justice ...

Lime Rock Park would be a great addition imho: short with great turns and a brilliant back section up & down a steep hill leading onto a nice front straight, it's a track I never get sick of despite its smallness. It's infinitely hotlappable and I think it would be quite popular on pickup servers in pretty much any LFS car except the bigger open-wheelers. TBO, FBM, FOX or UF/XFR battles there would be epic It certainly lends itself to some awesome close racing in GPL.
Quote from XCNuse :VIR(ginia international raceway) would be my pick,

Ahh...good idea! VIR has a lot of combinations, and the racing line is so natural and flowing.

Does VIR still have that tree near one of the corners?
Wow, how predictable are we !

The Mericans suggests Merican tracks, the Aussies, Aussie tracks and the Fin wants a Finnish track.....only the Irishman went for a track outside his own nation (but he's Irish, and they're a funny bunch of people :razz

But i'm not one to buck the trend....Cadwell Park would be a scream.

Although, i've got to say, i'm getting a real sense of De'ja'vu (spelling ?) I'm sure somewhere on this forum this may have been discussed before , not sure...
I agree with most that have already been mentioned.

Bathurst, Road America, VIR or Spa would get my vote.

If i was going for one from the UK it would have to be Oulton Park
I wonder if tracks that no longer exists require some kind of license to be put in the game.
Quote from jayhawk :
Does VIR still have that tree near one of the corners?

The track wouldn't be the same without it.
I still think a decent model of Combe would sort the men from the boys. Deceptively difficult track. Cadwell would be a great addition to a sim too. As would either Spa or Suzuka.

But I maintain my views on a track needing to be a lot more accurate than either anything we've seen before or any of the cars. The track is the 'constant', but cars are the variable. It doesn't matter what car you put on it (as long as it obeys vaguely correct laws of physics), but having bumps, cambers and kerbs in just the right places changes a track from a mere representation (i.e. no better than make believe) to a recreation of the difficulties of a circuit (i.e. yet to be seen in a racing sim with real life tracks).
adding real tracks would only highlight the inaccuracies of the physics model, which are present in any sim. The fact LFS hasn't got any real tracks is probably why it has been enabled to be so strong and not have to come under graphical/design criticism and all that.

However, playing the game and all that - Laguna Seca
#20 - JTbo
If not Finnish track is valid, then Zandvoort would be pretty nice choice too.
I would like to see VIR. It has a good bit of everything. And the corner with the tree could make a good screenshot.
Quote from DHRammstein :Nürburgring Nordschleife
http://www.mgcc.de/content/ima ... /news/nordschleife_gr.jpg

..Someone always has to come in and ruin it don't they

@Mazz, well.. hey what do you expect
VIR is a sweet track though and there are so many variations, I know it would never be in LFS but.. it's still a really cool track.
Bristol on the other hand is a near must for LFS, hate to say it but it.. really does need to be in LFS in some fashion.

@Jay, I think so but I'm not 100% positive.
#24 - Woz
I would say it would have to be Bathurst.

I agree with what was said about T1 pile ups and major issues over the top of the hill but who cares. It is just such a great track that would never be allowed on safety reasons if being built from scratch today. A track to sort the men from the boys imho.

And a big block v8 to race around it in would be the icing on the cake
Riverside FTW!

Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG