The online racing simulator
TBO unbalanced again
(60 posts, started )
They've done something with the ffb on the cars cause b4 i could drive them quite well (crap) with my wheel now i have to turn the ffb down to 10% to keep control except the FXO perhapse nvm the perhapse.
Just to add to what i mentioned earlier regarding server balancing , i noticed this thread for those interested.
IMO the balance of the TBO class is fine the FWD cars are supposed to to be quicker and easier to drive , the only reason RWD cars are used more for racing is because the drive train can support higher horse power. Once a FWD exceeds a certain amount of power, it becomes almost uncontrollable, with all the torque steer, and power under steer.
Quote from legoflamb :IMO the balance of the TBO class is fine the FWD cars are supposed to to be quicker and easier to drive , the only reason RWD cars are used more for racing is because the drive train can support higher horse power. Once a FWD exceeds a certain amount of power, it becomes almost uncontrollable, with all the torque steer, and power under steer.

OK, but we just ahve 3 cars for this section of the game, and everyone who wants fast laps, and thats what you want when racing seriously, will use nothing more but the FXO. And thats boring

I dont have any problem that FWD being easier to drive, they suck anyways , but whatever you do, you just cant do a competitive race with both cars. I can say because i've done a lot of TBO races by now, the results are always the same with ppl with similar skill levels, AND YEAH, long or short races.

I dont get it at all why this happens because at X patch the balancing was going good, but now is like the old times when the FXO had all the glory.

TBO Is not a "class/category" itself anymore, just 3 road cars with turbo, each for it's section... only RB4 and XRT can compete between each other because ther are some tracks wich RB4 is better(always easier) and others where XRT is faster...

well... just a shame, because as i can see, just like me, a lot of people love to race with RWD cars, and we have almost no chance *to win* (i won over a lot of FXO drivers, but with the fairly skilled ones its a bit difficult... nearly impossible at least they make mistakes... and im not that slow i think :shy.
The Balancing of the two cars is a bit off, however, lowering the performance of the FXO just to balance the two cars, would also not be good either. Making the FXO slower would be out of the option, but also raising the XRTs horse power is a bit unfair too.

This was in another thread some where, suggesting to raise all of the TBO class cars horse power, however, that was rejected almost unanimously, including my vote.

It might not be a bad idea though, because the extra power in the FXO would offset its ease to drive, while also giving it more straight away speed. With the XRT and the RB4, they would also have more straight away speed, however they have a more stable drive train that can support the horse power.

IMO i think it might be the longitudinal grip values. Don't get me wrong, I think LFS have the best physics for the price and entertainment. The problem I see is, the front tires pull the car around the corner a little more than they should. In addition to FWD performance, slightly lowering the peak longitudinal grip would also fix the problem of competitive burnout starts. By that I mean the people that burnout at the start, and still keep up with the people that made a proper tire slip start.

The problem whit threads like these don't really do much for the progression of the sim, they are just conversation pieces for the community, because a person can get many opinions out of the entire population.
Quote from legoflamb : FWD cars are supposed to to be quicker and easier to drive

This is not a fact.
They supposed to be easier to drive, not by any means faster (if we talk about cars with the same weight)… but anyway this has nothing to do with the battle in drive trains.
It’s quite obvious why the FXO has faster cornering… it has at least the same front tire width with lower profile comparing to XRT and it is 87kg lighter than the XRT

But on the other hand… Scawen already reduced the FXO’s tire width… it may not be 100% balanced yet but it is closer than before.
Maybe the next step is increasing the tire wear while dereasing a bit cornering capabilities by adding weight. let’s say 10kg while keeping about the same ps/ton (that means increasing by ~5ps the power).

But we better see the difference in league races and WR’s because it is not by any means 1sec per 1min track in advantage of FXO… And currently there are not enough races driven or decent WR set in any car class...
FXO tires are horrible. In actual race times are equal, or even faster with XRT, but FXO owns qualify. So it's bit hard for XRT drivers to win when you have to start 10th out of 30 cars. Well, now you probably think, XRT has better start, yes, but you can take about 3-5 cars, what's with the rest
XRT warms up tires too, and you can't do quali laps ether.
So that for I would say that FXO has little advantage.

RB4 is about the same story as XRT, but it owns rally ^^.

And someone commentated that it's easy to drive FXO fast. Well you are wrong. With this unrealistic tires on FXO (they are actually on about 90C in race) you need good skills to drive it smooth and fast or else you will overheat tires too much and have totally underivable car.

I'm talking experience from 1 CRO Team Race League race, and practice for another one.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Just to add to what i mentioned earlier regarding server balancing , i noticed this thread for those interested.

I propose a sticker in Hosts section
#34 - arco
To be honest, coming from someone who used to love the FXO in previous patch, I don't think it's that fun to drive anymore. Tyres are too hot after only 1 lap, and it feels kinda weird to drive too - like it's floating on the surface. Despite that, it and the RB4 is still my preferred cars in the TBO class. The XRT, and the other rear wheel drive cars for that matter, I almost never bother with. They're far too unrealistic.
Quote :The problem I see is, the front tires pull the car around the corner a little more than they should.

+1 to this. It's even funny to see how the FXO's fly around the corners. It's impossible to compite with them when you are on another car I'm a XRT driver, and with Patussay we are on a miniChamp (TBO) and the differences are notable. It's a real pitty.
Quote from arco :The XRT, and the other rear wheel drive cars for that matter, I almost never bother with. They're far too unrealistic.

Please don't post nonsense on the forums after smoking crack, thank you.
Increase power to XRT, lower the RB4's weight and add slight difference to the tires. Hell, give the XRT more grip. I enjoy the XRT most out of the 3 TBO's.
XRT makes each corner an EVENT, One lap in the XRT is more rewarding than 10 laps in any other car IMO.

Who knows how accurate it is? I dont Know ?...and I dont care
Quote from JohnPenn :XRT makes each corner an EVENT, One lap in the XRT is more rewarding than 10 laps in any other car IMO.

Who knows how accurate it is? I dont Know ?...and I dont care

Of course you care, otherwise you might be playing GTR2 or RFactor.
Quote from TRM.13 :This thread is about XFG vs XRG too...

XRG is 1 second slower than the boring XFG, even with long straights

I don't think that the XRG is slower than the XFG but we see way more XFG and moreover, the XFG drivers don't care about the XRG drivers. And that's a shame! They should recognize that the XRG is more difficult to drive and they should pay more attention to them. I can't count the times i've been knocked out the track by an XFG driver. They just don't care, thinking that recovering from a crash in XRG is as easy than in a XFG.

I realy think that the FWD should be penalized in a way or another in order to push people to get in a RWD because that's the essence of racing. Getting in a car wich is hard to handel first. Only the skilled one can handle these best and the 'good' self proclamed FWD driver are just skilled noob.

I enjoy slower cars because it's more tactical in a way but driving a FWD is just pointless. I can't find in it the excitation of a good old RWD.

I also enjoy to ride my XRT but i get soon disgusted by seeing the FXO pass by. I saw them, driving easily around the corners when I must fight to keep my ride on the road. I'm joining JohnPenn, and agree when he said that evry corner is an event. That's what digust me, they (FWD's drivers) won the race without fighting and, in a way, the XRT drivers are more deserving to win than any other cars.

That's my thought but we all know that it won't change ... or ... may be one day ...
#41 - arco
Quote from spankmeyer :Please don't post nonsense on the forums after smoking crack, thank you.

Doh! So much for having a personal opinion...

I've been driving cars for 22 years, and RWD drive ones exclusive for about 18 of those. My previous car was much like the XRT, same horsepower, turbo, same weight and RWD. If my car behaved the same as the XRT, I would be long dead.

And I don't smoke crack, never has and never will. Insinuating I do is what's nonsense.
#42 - wien
Quote from arco :My previous car was much like the XRT, same horsepower, turbo, same weight and RWD. If my car behaved the same as the XRT, I would be long dead.

Before proceeding with this argument, please provide a video clip or telemetry output from your real car while doing some move, and then do the same in the XRT. Compare results and continue. Thank you.
Quote from arco :...My previous car was much like the XRT, same horsepower, turbo, same weight and RWD. If my car behaved the same as the XRT, I would be long dead.

Quote from wien :Before proceeding with this argument, please provide a video clip or telemetry output from your real car while doing some move, and then do the same in the XRT. Compare results and continue. Thank you.

Also, please provide us documents on your highly tuneable suspension set for racing and the tyres used during racing, thank you.

Like said many times, I'd be willing to bet that on those two decades you never drove as hard in RL than you do in LFS. And if you did in fact, I'd like to see photographic evidence of at least 10 totalled automobiles on track days.
The RB4 actually got a diet of a few kgs. But the problem is that the nose is heavier now.
It's ok for the FXO to have better speed on corners, this way every car has it's strong and weaks points, but this car is just the best in slow, medium and fast tracks... .
I made a comparison and the wear 25 laps it's pretty similar on both cars, tho in FXO the temperature grows up faster, on XRT the wear is almost the same to the FXO. About the RB4 i dont know too much since just one guy uses it on the league and he doesn't have nothing similar to my level(i'm comparing to other people with similars skills to mine jugding on our speeds and skills on other cars)

someone said it before, the FXO tyres pulls the car around the corner a bit more than they should. And it's pretty much true, i drove the FXO to make more testing, and i not just get better times, but i can aslo go with pretty poor control on the gas, after the apex(or even earlier on some corners/tracks) i can push the car flatout on the pedal... the same amount of laps. I dont like to tallk without really knowing, so i've done a lot of tests... and the thing is that the car looks absolutely superior.

OK!, in real life there are always superior cars, but this is a game, and as a game, everyone can use AND WILL USE the best car, since there isn't any money or anything involved to race them, so that's why i think it will be good to balance them a bit more, not a trouble on one being a bit superior, it's impossible to have perfect, hard to have near to perfect balance, but right now TBO is a one car class
Faster, better, easier...regardless.
I'm sticking to the XRG and XRT for the sheer rewarding experience. And lets not forget about the LX's!
Whoever is racing LFS for wins instead of insanely fun physics and car behavior is playing the wrong SIM.
If I wanted easy I'd go with the GT series.
i think you getting me wrong... what about reading again my posts?
Plus, in leagues the game is about winning isnt it?, so all the people when is TBO time, will use FXO, and THAT's the problem here... everyone using the same car gets ridicuosly bo... well, i wont say the same things again and again :P. just hope you get the point
anybody remember patch X? The balancing was perfect there for the TBO's.
Quote from Patussay :i think you getting me wrong... what about reading again my posts?
Plus, in leagues the game is about winning isnt it?, so all the people when is TBO time, will use FXO, and THAT's the problem here... everyone using the same car gets ridicuosly bo... well, i wont say the same things again and again :P. just hope you get the point

Don't worry we get your point and i absolutly agree with you, there is not much variety in the field and that's a pitty. I'm currently watching the car usage in the online chart of lfsw and that's pretty speaking in particular the last cars wich are all RWD (LX4, LX6, FZ and finally the forgotted RA).

Just an exemple:
XFG: 5,561,739 laps
XRG: 1,912,144 laps

Quote from shadow2kx :I'm currently watching the car usage in the online chart of lfsw and that's pretty speaking in particular the last cars wich are all RWD (LX4, LX6, FZ and finally the forgotted RA).

After patch Y we've seen people complaining how they must now lift the throttle 'several times per lap'.

On that note convincing people to put some time into learning to drive high powered RWDs can prove somewhat difficult.

TBO unbalanced again
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG