The online racing simulator
TBO unbalanced again
(60 posts, started )
TBO unbalanced again
The title... is just me or the TBO class is unbalanced again?. Not just the WR's times but the racing ability is way superior on the FXO. Today i wasn't able to do less than 1:36.xx on SO4 reverse, but when i drive FXo with a random set(and a car that i don't even touch) i down the time by one second instantly by one second, if i kept driving it i'm sure i would be able to down the time even more, because i just done 2 laps, and with the XRT a lot more... not just me but a lot of guys on the league i'm driving.

PD: oh, and one more thing i almost forgot... The tyres doesn't even endure more on the XRT to say "at least the XRT is better for longer races.." :/

Just that, because now everyone will start using the FXO and that's kinda booring
pretty much, the FXO has it all to win, not only that it's faster, but it's really easy to drive, and tyres are almost the same on both cars. Even tho the XRT is more difficult to drive, it is not more rewarding now everybody drives the FXO, or RB4's sometimes, and XRT is left for drifters. It's a real petty, as the XRT is such a pleasure to drive.

I give it a +3525
Quote from Patussay :The title... is just me or the TBO class is unbalanced again?. Not just the WR's times but the racing ability is way superior on the FXO. Today i wasn't able to do less than 1:36.xx on SO4 reverse, but when i drive FXo with a random set(and a car that i don't even touch) i down the time by one second instantly by one second, if i kept driving it i'm sure i would be able to down the time even more, because i just done 2 laps, and with the XRT a lot more... not just me but a lot of guys on the league i'm driving.

Yeah but the tires get eaten by the FXO. Its very hard to keep them cool, while keeping up a respectable pace. It may be quicker for quick races, but when it comes down to longer races, the FXO becomes inferior
well, not really. As i said before tyres aren't that different in endurance matters. The FXO gains more Tº on it's tyres but at the end the wear it's pretty similar on both cars. I'm able to say this becaus we had a lot of races this far, and the results doesn't seem to change, even when the drivers switch cars, the FXO keeps on winning fairly easy. I just can give a little fight becaus i have a looooot of time with the XRT, since the starts of S2, when the TBO was unbalanced as well.
Quote from Racer556 :...and XRT is left for drifters.

Please leave the room immediately.

I shall not be pussified to drive FWD, drift or cruise.

Long live XRT.

Long live RWD.

Long live massive turbos (XRT may not apply)!

Long live no traction control and obscene power to weight ratios!

Join me!

Freedoooooooo
ooooooooooom!
long life cars \o/
Quote :
XRT is left for drifters

NEVER ...wash you mouth out with soap
LONG LIFE RWD RACING!
Nothing is more rewarding :P, that's why i hope the obsene diference come a bit shorter, even if the FXO is still superior, i dont care, but right now it's pretty much impossible to do something against good drivers in FXO... yeah, i can use FXO as well... but as i said beforer(once again) everyone in the same car(FXO in this case) is sooo boring
that was the reaction I was looking for! xD do you want your XRT to be left for drifting as it is not competitive anymore?
Personally I think the FXO should not be able to win against the XRT in a straight race because it's so much easier to drive fast (and boring).
but it does :/
/me likes his slow XRT...
I'm not competitive in any car so it really doesn't matter much that I drive the XRT.
I just don't like the FXO. And the RB4 is so different to drive, compared to the XRT, I don't want to confuse myself.

Somehow I've gotten this strange fixation in my head that a race car should be RWD.

FWD is for wussies who can't really drive. (Let's see what that comment stirs up )
Quote from March Hare :I'm not competitive in any car so it really doesn't matter much that I drive the XRT.
I just don't like the FXO. And the RB4 is so different to drive, compared to the XRT, I don't want to confuse myself.

Somehow I've gotten this strange fixation in my head that a race car should be RWD.

FWD is for wussies who can't really drive. (Let's see what that comment stirs up )

+infinity

LFS and RWD have nothing to do with fast laps and all to do with pure fun.
Indeed FXO is 87kg lighter than the XRT and has a bit wider-lower profile tires than the XRT
With a combination of + some extra weight and a bit thiner tires to the FXO I think it could be balanced nicely according to the other TBO cars…
I hope they don’t just decrease the power some more cause this just makes it even more unbalanced…

Appart from that rwd VS fwd VS awd is just noncence... anytype of car requires skill to go fast.
The FXO needs more weight for sure , , more reduction in tyre width im not so sure about as it is nigh on impossible to keep cool as it stands at the moment on some track layouts.

The RB4 and XRT however are shaping up nicely which is reflected in the Hotlap table and in my experience of racing online.

I just started work on the XRT rank, one thing for sure its still a bad ass car to drive, some tracks are hell
FE2 is driving me insane at the moment (hotlapping)

If i had my own server capable of hosting 20+ id suggest a Balance test for experienced drivers in TBO. (10 min races+ 30 min races)

I would say the FXO has to lose perhaps 0.75s-1.00s (max) per 1 minute any more and the FXO would never catch up off the start.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Most of the cars got a lot lower redlines since patch V
Eg FXO’s redline now is @ 7500rpm… if you pass that you are overreving, damaging the engine.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
This thread is about XFG vs XRG too...

XRG is 1 second slower than the boring XFG, even with long straights
#19 - JJ72
hm, I don't feel any noticable disadvantage when I am on CTRA with the XRG.
LONG LIVE RWD RACING!!!!
says it all, doesn't it? yes, FXO is faster, there is TBO league at CROTeam, and alomst everybody is on FXO. But, FWD isn't for wussies, because although it's boring IMHO, u shold drive wheels of it to be really faaaaast......
Quote from spankmeyer :Please leave the room immediately.

Long live XRT.

Long live RWD.

Join me!

Freedooooooooooooooooooom!

Yea!!!!! baby thats what im talking about yea man!!!!!!!! long live the Supra aswwelll Big twin turbo RWD!!!!!! monster no traction control go man!!!!!!Race these cars not drifting them YEA MAN!
I have to agree with the majority... if you give me a class with a FWD, AWD, and RWD I will drive the RWD everytime regardless of its advantage/disadvantage. The RWD's are the most fun to me and I can't imagine driving anything else.
Quote from JJ72 :hm, I don't feel any noticable disadvantage when I am on CTRA with the XRG.

I have never noticed a problem either. On some tracks the XFG is a tinie tiny bit faster, than on others the XRG is faster. They both have different characteristics and they are never going to be exactly the same as each other in time for each track. They are not that far apart though and any competitent XRG driver can run in the front.

This is the same for the TBO's, it's slightly more noticable now but they are not that dissimilar and are pretty close once you start running with the front runners.

This is coming from my experience running the RB4 in the STCC.
Quote from spankmeyer :Please leave the room immediately.

Long live XRT.

Long live RWD.

Join me!

Freedoooooooo
ooooooooooom!

*me joins*
I am also one of the few that actually races the XRT, even though my driving might be "ambitious but rubbish".
thats the weight balancing for IMO. if you want to host a server/event/league, make a balancing setup (weight/resistance) for the particular track/car and force everyone on the server to use it.

i don't think it is needed to have balanced car-classes. either you have spec racing or not. if you want spec racing, every car should be the same. OR you want different cars on a track, but then you have to live with the fact, on some tracks the one car is faster and on other tracks the other car is faster.

ok if you say, i want the same cars in power and weight but the first one needs to be front wheel driven, the other should be rear wheel driven, i see a point. although thats the reason why the cars are differnt.

so in fact, IF you want balanced cars on a server you need a SERVER-SIDE option to force all cars to that particular restriction ON THAT PARTICULAR TRACK, everything else is not really working out

TBO unbalanced again
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG