The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Phone Advice - Motorola W377 vs Motorola E398
Yup, another phone thread, sorry!

I've just bought a Motola W377 (at £12.98 DELIVERED with a bluetooth headset i couldn't afford not to!) which is one of these...

Now atm i have a Motorola E398, which is hacked and flashed (now Quad Band with Video Recording, woo!), and i'm just wondering if I should use this new W377 or take the headset and put the phone on fleaBay - I would just use both phones, but i'll get more if it's still in the original sealed box.

I would "lose" a camera Flash (which i like as it means in the dark my phone is a ghetto torch), get a slightly lower res screen (meh) and get a thinner phone (yayz) that isn't quite as battered as my current one.

The W377 is locked to Virgin - anyone got any tips on Unlocking it? I assume i'd get more for it if i opened it and then unlocked it rather than if i just left it all sealed up...

Anyone got this phone? What do you think of it?
Sell it. Unlocking it is relatively trivial if you take it to most key-cutting places (or similar sort of places). You'll get more than your money back, I imagine.
Sell sell sell.

On the subject of unlocking it - Google is your friend. You can do it easily yourself. You might have to spend a few quid on the software though...
#4 - Jakg
Wahey. One WITHOUT the headset is at £21 on eBay, and it hasn't finished yet. Not bad considering i paid £12.98 for it and i get a free headset!

Shame eBay is full of them atm, looks like i'll need to wait.

Anyone actually USED this phone?
I don't think I've ever seen it before
a friend of mine as a Very simular one except its block with sliver back and buttons ( reverse colors )

seems pretty cool but im not a big fan of motorolla after having a v3 razor
but steers clear of satin and hides

me and Motorola never got along

sony is my fav u just think that blue tooth sucks on all moto's

mind ive got a HTC touch atm its ok but sony just more reliable.
sell it on ebay some person will buy it there a popular phone because of the style and flip
Sorry for comming with this silly question, but - Jakg, how the hell do you manage to get all these money you are using on computers, phones and such? Seems that every month you comes with some expensive bling-bling fancy stuff hehe.
#9 - Jakg
This phone cost me £12.98 delivered. Just seen one without the headset sell for £30 on eBay, and i can either keep the headset or sell it, decided to get it unlocked and then sell it in a month or so when eBay calms down.

My PC is a sore issue. The most extravagant bit is the 8800GTX, which was a gift (...ish), which i would love to sell but i'm not allowed to. Everything else is paid for by stuff like internet surveys and other money making schemes and random good buys.
You actually did all those internet surveys?!
#11 - Jakg
The ones that pay, yes. Doesn't make a massive amount of cash though.
Well all I'll say is the headsets aren't worth anything, I've got loads of free ones with things before, got like 6 kicking around the house or something.

Just sell the phone I guess.
What, I can earn money on just wasting my time on answering question.
Links please! I need money
#14 - Jakg
All i can recommend is that you look at sites like MSE, it's for the UK (unfortunately), however there is LOTS of stuff on there, this section is specifically on making more moolah, however in the Freebies bit has stuff on Quidco and Pigsback.

No idea if there are sites like this for Norway, though.
#15 - Jakg
Bump.

Just bought a Sony Ericsson w810i for the princely sum of £30 delivered

Anyone know if it's any good? They are selling on eBay for about £60 so if it's not that good i can make some more money :P
I've always liked Sony Ericssons, the W810i is apparently quite decent for the price-tag (or so I hear). If you want, you could make money on it, but I'd hang on to it, to be honest.
Stick to that phone, it's a work of art Mine has just celebrated it's first B'day a few months ago. Already spotted his "descendant", the all new W960i

Can't wait till it's price drops to a reasonable level
Quote from Jakg :Bump.

Just bought a Sony Ericsson w810i for the princely sum of £30 delivered

Anyone know if it's any good? They are selling on eBay for about £60 so if it's not that good i can make some more money :P

was that shop or friend m8? Been looking for a new phone and that phone was on my list
#19 - Jakg
#20 - Jakg
Small update for the 0 people that care.

W377 ended up on eBay, as did the W810i. I bought another W810i for my own use, though :P

Ended up unlocking the W377 for free myself, and i've unlocked my own W810i I just don't like the idea of dicking about with the firmware on a phone I plan on selling.
#21 - Jakg
W377 = £12.98.
SIM Cards = Free.
W810i = £30.

Total - £42.98

Sold them for £132.44 in total. That makes about £80 of profit. WAHEY!

EDIT - At least it would if the buyer of the W810i wasn't trying to scam me. Time to relist. Grrrrrrrr.
Aren't mobile phones one of the most scammed items on ebay? You're gona have a bunch of fun selling those in large numbers! Still, seems worth it I guess for a bit of trouble.
I want an expensive phone i have a Sagem my z-55 lol. How do i get such bargins?
#24 - Jakg
Quote from pb32000 :Aren't mobile phones one of the most scammed items on ebay? You're gona have a bunch of fun selling those in large numbers! Still, seems worth it I guess for a bit of trouble.

I wasn't selling them in large numbers - although next time a bargain like that pops up I will be!
Quote from Luke.S :I want an expensive phone i have a Sagem my z-55 lol. How do i get such bargins?

Best. Website. EVER!
#25 - Jakg
Quote from MataGyula :Stick to that phone, it's a work of art Mine has just celebrated it's first B'day a few months ago. Already spotted his "descendant", the all new W960i

Can't wait till it's price drops to a reasonable level

Hehehe, i'm looking at buying one of those now - WiFi in my pocket is too good to pass up on!

Quote from Jakg :EDIT - At least it would if the buyer of the W810i wasn't trying to scam me. Time to relist. Grrrrrrrr.

I bought 2 more W810i's for £39.99, which were refurbs - sold one at about £10 profit and the other one was sold to a Nigerian. Not again FFS!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG