#51 - EESA
Hum...

Cheat for pit...

Attached images
f5g454f5hggn.jpg
Quote from EESA :Hum...

Cheat for pit...

Thank you for the information.

However, please don't post here unless you are a member of a competing MoE team.

If you do notice problems, please PM an Admin.
You don't have to be the member of the MoE, everyone can check the Remote and the Tracker as well
Quote from Töki (HUN) :You don't have to be the member of the MoE, everyone can check the Remote and the Tracker as well

You do have to be a league member to post a protest.
Well, alright, you're the boss
Quote from EESA :Hum...

Cheat for pit...

The first disconnect was really just a disconnect... We usally run 28 laps, and he disconnected on lap 26 - Go figure.

The second one we've already received a lap penality for, so just quit your ****ing bitching.
I guess our two other disconnects which were on lap 8 and 20 was a cheat pit too?

It's nice to see that for once timing out didn't cost us another lap and immediatly means it was on purpose, nice.
#58 - Vain
Here's the post to an appeal that has been made earlier via IRC:
#11 My3id would like to appeal the 1 lap penalty for shift-p in lap 490.
We're still organizing the replay, but the explanation is that during J. Basford (Clownpaint)'s stint during lap 491 he lost the connection, but still remained connected via TCP. That means he couldn't see any cars and wasn't recognized by tracker anymore, but his LFS still assumed him to be on the server.
We tried to correct the issue with a driver-swap. I joined and offered to take over when he pitted, while being invisible to me and every other driver. When he finished his pitstop I successfully took over the invisible car, but after the swap my car, now visible, was standing in the middle of the pitstraight being immobile because the handbrake and clutch were on but I couldn't remove them despite using the correct inputs. I was forced to use shift+p because of this software-error, not because of a mistake of the team. Thus we want to appeal the lap-penalty which arose from a software-error and not our own mistake. We'll deliver the replay and as soon as possible.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Here's the post to an appeal that has been made earlier via IRC:
#11 My3id would like to appeal the 1 lap penalty for shift-p in lap 490.
We're still organizing the replay, but the explanation is that during J. Basford (Clownpaint)'s stint during lap 491 he lost the connection, but still remained connected via TCP. That means he couldn't see any cars and wasn't recognized by tracker anymore, but his LFS still assumed him to be on the server.
We tried to correct the issue with a driver-swap. I joined and offered to take over when he pitted, while being invisible to me and every other driver. When he finished his pitstop I successfully took over the invisible car, but after the swap my car, now visible, was standing in the middle of the pitstraight being immobile because the handbrake and clutch were on but I couldn't remove them despite using the correct inputs. I was forced to use shift+p because of this software-error, not because of a mistake of the team. Thus we want to appeal the lap-penalty which arose from a software-error and not our own mistake. We'll deliver the replay and as soon as possible.

Vain

Bad luck
Aaargh, that's weird
#61 - Vain
Regarding the protest by My3id Gaming #11:
We've finally organized a good replay. Our replays only showed snippets of the action because several drivers were involved.
Download this replay: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=MXU66017 Thanks go to RCPilot for kindly providing the replay.
Directions to view the replay:
- Follow car #11 J. Basford until the car's lap 361.
- Shortly after the first sector time the car becomes invisible, with "Lag (XX.XX)" showing above it's former position.
- As explained above, the driver actually continued as can be seen 120 seconds after the car disappeared by the message "11 - J.Basford has made a pitstop" which is where the driver completed the car's lap 361 (490 on tracker).
- The driver continues in the invisible car and eventually, two minutes later, I join the server to take over to make a driver-swap as per usual procedure. Again, the server-message "11 - J. Basford made a pitstop" shows up, confirming that our driver completed the 362nd lap of the car (would be 491 on tracker, was not registered because he stopped in a pit-stall before the finish line).
- Move your LFS's view to the main-straight during the pitstop, because when I take over the invisible car I am placed in the middle of the *main straight*, *within* traffic, at grid position one directly behind the start-finish-line. You will notice me futily trying to move the car. You will also notice that you can't use the tab key to focus on car #11.
- To resolve this bug within LFS I use shift+s to remove myself from the track and rejoin using shift+p.

Team #11 thinks it is unfair that we have a penalty applied for this obvious bug in the program.

Vain
This isn't a protest, as it's way over the marker anyway, but what will happen to low after 1 driver doing 45.7% of the race?

I know it's under the admins estimate, but it's called estimate for a reason.
Quote from Bawbag :This isn't a protest, as it's way over the marker anyway, but what will happen to low after 1 driver doing 45.7% of the race?

I know it's under the admins estimate, but it's called estimate for a reason.

AFAIK the estimate is there specifically for this situation. It's impossible to truly know how many laps the race will go, so as long as you're under the 45% estimate you're fine.
"No driver may drive more than 45% of the race distance. This number is calculated by the number of laps covered by the winning team. Any fractional amount of laps will be rounded up to a full number of laps. The admins will provide an estimate of that 45% figure before the race. All laps driven by the respective driver that exceed the 45% or the estimate, whichever is higher, will be deducted from the team’s total laps."

It's from the rules. Estimate is 242 laps, winning team has 238. Scheuerle did 241 so I guess they are OK.
"All laps driven by the respective driver that exceed the 45% or the estimate"

He didn't go over the estimate but he went the actual 45% which is against the rules. Can't argue anything about the estimate either because it's called an estimate for a reason.

I don't have any idea why it wouldn't be penalised, if it was relaxed rules like the admins let some things slide if they are genuine errors or just plain bad luck doubled up, but it's not. If it was then we wouldn't have had that +1 lap penalty when I had to join after Jonesys time out and then had a pop up right after it, which made me have to pit and start again. I don't see how it's any differn't.

EDIT : Nevermind, didn't see the "whichever is higher" part.... :X
Baggy, as far as i know, and as stupid as it sounds, the 'estimate' is the only concrete value, the only fixed value they give (45%) is really the estimate, its particularly stupidly put but thats how it works. The estimate is fixed, the fixed is an estimate.

The rule is 45%, but to clarify that so you can have a black & white line as to when you must stop driving, they give you a lap total, the drivers percentage changes each lap so you cant know for sure by percentage alone, but the laps is a certainty.
It's done for those teams who cant calculate. *scnr* j/k
I'm sure it wouldn't trouble a mastermind like yourself. *scnr* Jk
"No driver may drive more than 45% of the race distance. This number is calculated by the number of laps covered by the winning team. Any fractional ...."

Wich is rather funny, since this is a time race, not fixed laps. If this is indeed the case, tehn theorettically it would mean that somebody can do 3 min slower laptimes, and at the end of teh race he wont exceed the 45% the laps that winning team has done, making it perfectly legal.
And since the 45% is calculated on the laps covered by the winning team, there is no way for a team to know weather their driver will exceed the 45%, bcz nobody knows how many laps they will do.

I allways thought this is calculated on a time base, since it's more logical imo. In that case lap times dont matter, only time in wich u do any amount of laps u can. So maybe write those rules more clearly, or write something else than "estimate" before the race, because it is getting rather confusing. Maybe somethin like "maximum amount of laps per team driver" and ditch the 45% rule. Or ditch the laps estimate, and put 45%, and let everyone calculate on their own, since it is really not that hard, unless the team dont have somebody with finnished elementary school.

So id say they are guilty for exceeding 45% rule.
yes, it should be calced on a timebase, but there is a decent and good way around all that calculating fuss in the league rules. They say always the higher amount of laps is the one to look at.
we had this same situation already in one or two earlier races, and it was ok, so... you just have to read the rule again, i think its clearly said:

"...The admins will provide an estimate of that 45% figure before the race. All laps driven by the respective driver that exceed the 45% or the estimate, whichever is higher, will be deducted from the team’s total laps."

i cant see the problem, since its said in the rules.
We know the rule isn't perfect. However, it helps strengthen the team orientation as that way we can force the teams to use 3 drivers at least. It has its weaknesses, yes, but it isn't the most important rule of the series. We think it works quite well for what it is thought to be.
I agree that the 45% rule works quite well, but I just got a tiny bit mistaken by the wording, when I read it I thought it meant that if you go over the estimate or the 45% limit then you will receive a penalty, I did't realise it what whichever is highest.

Quite good to know though, that we have a solid guide to how many laps any one given driver can do and know that we will be safe from a penalty.
The wording will be clarified for future rounds.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG