The online racing simulator
Best game intro ever?
(65 posts, started )
I agree with all the Gran Turismo intro's and Carmageddon's.

1nsane had a cool intro, just a shame the game didn't have the graphics of half of the video had.

MotoGP '07 has a cool intro and the welcome screen is quite cool aswell. http://youtube.com/watch?v=cv17vCBYEhw
I can't find a video of the welcome screen, so I'll try record it later if I remember. Unless someone has it already.
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi! For me the best intro ever was Half Life 1, were you played the intro. Awesome

"Welcome to the Black Mesa research facility" the whole level before the "little accident" is like intro, because after that big bang the action, the actual game starts. No doubt it's a classic.
Quote from deggis :"Welcome to the Black Mesa research facility" the whole level before the "little accident" is like intro, because after that big bang the action, the actual game starts. No doubt it's a classic.

Ahh, top stuff

I remember the first time i saw that on a twin voodoo2 SLI setup, i was blown away.
Quote from danowat :Gran Turismo 1, outstanding intro.

Totally agree, fantastic intro. In fact I think all the GT games have ace intros and ace music.
Fallout 2
#31 - JTbo
Freespace 2 by few light years.

I just did remembered, Another World was not too bad either, specially considering limitations of it's time.
Quote from sgt.flippy :The worst one I know is GTA, nothing special about those!

Then you totally missed the style of all the GTA games. Those intros are classic. Best one i remember was from vice city. But anyway... it's your opinion of course.
Quote from jibber :Then you totally missed the style of all the GTA games. Those intros are classic. Best one i remember was from vice city. But anyway... it's your opinion of course.

I know they're meant to look classic, but I simply don't like them.. Matter of taste really. I like to see stuff in an intro
Just seen the ad for "Paradise" for PS3 on telly...game looks teh pitz but the music is BRILL!!!
Quote from GFresh :
But to answer my fave game intro, it would have to be the GT4 intro.
It's just got something about it, like the woman thats kinda humming the old GT tune, whilst the cars are slowly rolling along.... Awesome!

Interestingly, the song use in the USA version is different - the US version has Panama by Van Halen (which is still in the soundtrack) in the second part of the video, but we got the remix of Reason Is Treason by Kasabian.
Quote from deggis :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NFeWjpjbtyU

Yeah, I loved that Game it was the very best of the NFS Series and I had a lot of fun playing it over 14.400 Modem with a Friend.
Did you know that the VT they used for the Video Footage was from Richard Gariott?

In the German Version the Voice of the Game was Egon Hoegen, who talked in the show "Der 7. Sinn" (the seventh sense) when I was young (or later "Staplerfahrer Klaus" / "Forklift driver Klaus").

To keep On Topic a Bit, yes the NFS Intro + the Car Videos blew me away and I still love them. Another good one was the Intro of Diablo 1, great Voice and scary
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from X-Ter :I've always like the intro to Fallout.

war....war never changes......
(nostalgic tears....)

must say that even the intro to Fallout Tactics was good...
Call of Duty 4... I won't ruin it for you if you haven't played it, but the "opening credits" are awesome.
Quote from srdsprinter :Call of Duty 4... I won't ruin it for you if you haven't played it, but the "opening credits" are awesome.

As are most of the 'cutscenes'..Got to admit that since CoD4 came out, I have played it MORE that LFS
:hidesbehi
Remebered one more Vanishing point, played that game ALOT on playstation1 , Liked it alot too, wasnt a very easy game, had lots of fun races/stunts .. And cool cars. Dont remeber how "realistic" it was :P
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsKew1C0Jc
Quote from evilgenius :Remebered one more Vanishing point, played that game ALOT on playstation1 , Liked it alot too, wasnt a very easy game, had lots of fun races/stunts .. And cool cars. Dont remeber how "realistic" it was :P
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsKew1C0Jc

Yea, I used to have that one too!! It was really special back then and I had to have it. It wasn't very realistic, but the real special part of that game was, that it didn't have pop ups. But actually they just used smart tracks.. A lot of blind curves so you couldn't see the buildings anyway, but it worked, and it was spectacular for a playstation 1 game to not have pop ups.
It was a fun game yes, but the controls were rubbish.
Grim Fandango: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3kVZ1sJZ9lo

Need to replay this game sometime. When I played that when it was released probably "missed" quite a lot of the stuff in the game... like how much it has taken inspiration from film noir movies. Probably didn't even know what film noir was back then
Surprised no one has mentioned Bioshock, I've only played the demo but the intro is very atmospheric.
Quote from Eddster :Surprised no one has mentioned Bioshock, I've only played the demo but the intro is very atmospheric.

I didn't mention Bioshock for one reason...IMO the intro was only average! (and that is being a bit diplomatic!)
Quote from Bladerunner :I didn't mention Bioshock for one reason...IMO the intro was only average! (and that is being a bit diplomatic!)

I thought it was quite cool... if only for the reason that i had to tell most of my friends "you can start to play now" after the intro was over. And most of them where like "What the... are you serious?!" then.
gran turismo 1 and manic street preachers, i might be completely wrong, but it sounds like them, that was a great intro even by nowadays standards, great intro methinks
Quote from kirmy :gran turismo 1 and manic street preachers, i might be completely wrong, but it sounds like them, that was a great intro even by nowadays standards, great intro methinks

Chemical Brothers remix of the Manic's Everything Must Go

Cracking tune

Best game intro ever?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG