The online racing simulator
GTTC Rnd 1 Season2 - comments
We completed the 1st round last night. As most people in the league seem to read here first, I thought I would post this here rather than over at GF.

I arrived in the late stages of qualify and after speaking to others after the race, heard there were people joining the qualify asking what track it was and if anyone had a setup.

In my view this is ridiculous. If people sign up to take part in a league or series, they should at least get a set ready and practise a tiny bit (at the very least!). The major crash at T1 that put some out ofd the race or out of contention were caused by a lack of practise and knowledge about where braking points were, which could easily have been avoided with a little prac.

Anyone asking for a setup just prior to a race is obviously not race prepared and shouldn't be allowed to compete in that round.......

thoughts?
+1.

I have heard the same. People asking set just 1 hour before league race starts is odd. That means they dont know the track or the car and how it is going to respond to breaking etcetra. I have been launched at T1. But what i found more disturbing that people went full throttle under yellow flags and pushed there way through the crash. Sorry but that isnt showing any respect towards racers and organisers.

The big crash at lag lape was plane stupid. Its a lag lape not a race FFS and still people go in full throttle into T1 while we are half way the grid. There is no way you can go full throttle. If your alone its possible but not 3 cars width.

When you enter a league you should be prepared and shouldnt be asking what track it is and if somebody can share a set. You just shouldnt be doing that race then. Youre a hazard to others.

Just mine 2 cents.
I can understand your points of view although I don't share the same experience. In any league race I tend to be extra careful to avoid collisions and as such I made sure I hit the brakes gentle and early, kept my distance from the cars ahead and despite the crash happening right in front of my nose (both lag lap and actual race) I manage to navigate through the cars. Yes I lost a few positions but I could make those up during the remainder of the race.

In the first 2-3 laps I again just stayed out of the way of some of the more aggressive driving which soon generated more off-track action enabling me to make up yet more positions through cautious driving.

The fact that some drivers were clearly not prepared and asking for sets is a little disappointing though I would agree.
if everyone had your attitude there wouldn't be the collision at T1 but there is because people don't!

The main issue was the lack of preparation that was shown and that, I think, casued the early incidents. If you had prepared, you wouldn't ask for how much fuel is needed or for a set.
I do agree with you there 100% ... I am guilty of this myself as usually I do at least 300+ laps to get to know the track for a league race but only managed <100 for this race so was off pace.

But the least you should do is get a set together and know how much fuel you need for the race!
Quote from StableX :if everyone had your attitude there wouldn't be the collision at T1 but there is because people don't!

The main issue was the lack of preparation that was shown and that, I think, casued the early incidents. If you had prepared, you wouldn't ask for how much fuel is needed or for a set.

I was prepared. I was perfecting my set for months, spent decades in HL mode, took second place in qual in TBO class, nevertheless I started the race with a qual set and 8% of fuel

Allthough I didn't make any accidents...
Why are ye getting so worked up over a lag lap? Nearly all the GTRs got taken out, who cares? It's only a lag lap.

As for the race, 2? 3? people got taken out at T1? Correct me if im wrong, but that is nearly good in a field of this many. And a few of ye had a very bad attitude towards it all

Anyway, congratulation to Kolz and Ant
Quote from niall09 :Why are ye getting so worked up over a lag lap? Nearly all the GTRs got taken out, who cares? It's only a lag lap.

As for the race, 2? 3? people got taken out at T1? Correct me if im wrong, but that is nearly good in a field of this many. And a few of ye had a very bad attitude towards it all

What bad attitude ?? I was pissed off. Sorry if you feel that way but if you watch the replay you`ll see what i mean, been rocketered in the air had to limp back to pits. After the pit i am almost a lape down. So yeah i was pissed off. A bad attitude ??. No just gave mine opion. Secondly I left almost inmeddiatly to make sure I wasnt going to be flaming or something.
what I don't understand in events that have a lag lap is...................... why not make a simple rule of no overtaking on a lag lap or out the race. Stops most crashes
Quote from niall09 :

Thanks , I had a good race & a good battle with Laudi. The race could of been anybody's. I started to sweat a bit 7 laps in when my tyres started going off. As for the T1 crash & the lack of prep, I agree with the others. It shouldn't happen but it does & it is down to lack of experience & the not very bright sparks who think they can win the race in T1 of lap 1 .

Being lapped was quite scary, I am gona get clear with the rules on that as I am sure I was one of the lucky TBO's not having any major incidents with passers by.

Was good, well done GF.
Usually I've found that more incidents occur during the lag lap than the real start because the lag lap gives everyone a chance to have a practise start and T1 almost. I don't understand why a few people are so enraged about the lag lap pile-up, would you have rather it happened in the race? And Niels, you can blame the dodgy crash physics for you flipping over, you didn't get hit that hard AND you also tapped the car infront.
Quote from niels1 :What bad attitude ?? I was pissed off. Sorry if you feel that way but if you watch the replay you`ll see what i mean, been rocketered in the air had to limp back to pits. After the pit i am almost a lape down. So yeah i was pissed off. A bad attitude ??. No just gave mine opion. Secondly I left almost inmeddiatly to make sure I wasnt going to be flaming or something.

If you hadn't of noticed, I too got rammed off the track, and this was before T1
@ Nail I did noticed it. But that doesnt mean i cant be pissed off about it. And certainly I had no bad attitude after. Sory if you were knocked out.
Quote from niall09 :Why are ye getting so worked up over a lag lap? Nearly all the GTRs got taken out, who cares? It's only a lag lap.

I certainly don't have a bad attitude toward it. I missed the majority of the qualifier and as a result of badly prepared drivers and the T1 crash, I got boosted to a good position which gave me my best finish in an event as yet Was fun to have a mutual beep of the horn as we passed each other though Niall .

I just wanted to aire my view regarding preparation (or lack of) as its unfair on those that do a little prep
I don't think not preparing is that much of a sin. For instance, I myself had barely seen the FXR before yesterday, my experience was limited to 1 race on Conedodgers a few weeks ago. I went back there yesterday and got a set for AS National off some backmarker and practised for about 40 minutes before the race. I qualified ninth and finished 11th, I was on course for 3rd or 4th but had 2 unlucky plain racing accidents. The difference is that I went into the race knowing that I wasn't able to push the car upto it's limits so I drove within my own and tried to stay out of trouble. It seems a lot of inexperienced people didn't do this I'm afraid.
Quote from count.bazley :I don't think not preparing is that much of a sin. For instance, I myself had barely seen the FXR before yesterday, my experience was limited to 1 race on Conedodgers a few weeks ago. I went back there yesterday and got a set for AS National off some backmarker and practised for about 40 minutes before the race. I qualified ninth and finished 11th, I was on course for 3rd or 4th but had 2 unlucky plain racing accidents. The difference is that I went into the race knowing that I wasn't able to push the car upto it's limits so I drove within my own and tried to stay out of trouble. It seems a lot of inexperienced people didn't do this I'm afraid.

but you did get a set, have an idea what fuel to use and did some preparation I enjoyed the tussle with you... you were fast too
Yeah, it's people that turn up without common sense that need a telling off. Yeah, it was a good battle that we had. My first priority is the GFC but I'm aiming to do at least 2 more rounds of the GTTC, probably 3 more.
where can I find the championship standings for the GTTC? I had a look on the website, just results at the mo.

Still no results or standings on the GTTC page ??
Quote from anttt69 :where can I find the championship standings for the GTTC? I had a look on the website, just results at the mo.

Still no results or standings on the GTTC page ??

They are here.

http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

With regards to the other posts:

There will always be a range of standards in these open league events with no minimum qualifying requirement. The Gentlefoot Challenge events are inclusive meaning anyone can apply to join. It will stay that way.

If people display a poor level of driving or your race is affected by someone's poor judgement then the judicial system ensures that the offending drivers revieve penalties. Everyone then learns from the mistakes made. This results in the driving standards improving during the season.

However, I only received one request for judicial review from the last GTTC race. This would indicate that there was only one person who witnessed any poor driving yet some of the comments would suggest there was a lot more than one incident. If drivers are not reported then the standard will not improve as quickly.
well put Mr Foot

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG