The online racing simulator
Cars and tracks
(11 posts, started )
Cars and tracks
I would like to see tracks we can relate to, like the GP circuit tracks. Silverstone and the like.

F1, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Ferarri etc.

For me that would be the way to go.

Speed.
Why don't people think longer about their first post? Come on, I mean.. A first impression is important! Don't throw it out like that..

Improvement suggestions > cars and tracks... It's meant to make improvement suggestions about the cars and the tracks, not asking AGAIN (for the millionth time) for real cars and tracks. It's impossible with the license costs and stuff and people complaining it's not 100% as it should be and bla bla bla.

Go stand in the corner and think about yourself for a minute now.
Quote from speeder1 :I would like to see tracks we can relate to, like the GP circuit tracks. Silverstone and the like.

F1, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Ferarri etc.

For me that would be the way to go.

Speed.

yes we do need more cars track , but please use search in future ,

regards
jwardy
-Removed by me-
Sorry for breaking the rules.
Quote from NathanRx-7 :I remember you! You where the one ramming everyone on the CTRA server!

Please dont name and shame in the forum. Please either make a report on the CTRA website or file one from there server.
Go on Nathan, tell Nathan what to do!

Nathan '07 vs Nathan '08

Only on Pay per View.

Contact your local cable provider today.

Restrictions apply.
Quote from MRSisson :Nathan '07 vs Nathan '08

Only on Pay per View.

Contact your local cable provider today.

Restrictions apply.

ROFL!

Damn just contacted Sky to book it, but its all full!
license cost is only a problem when it comes to the "NAME" at least with historic tracks. you can make a track called: "famous english track" and design it so it looks like silverstone as long as you don't call it FIA Silverstone GP. even easier with monaco, there is no licensing on a town, as it is a public road and therefore common good. nobody has the right to claim the trackdesign for him, as its public. BUT the city can say, we do not want to have the word "Monaco" or "Monte Carlo" in it. (we could name it Cote d'azure). the name is the problem, how you call it. companies like EA pay a lot of money to be able to call a track F1 Silverstone British GP. Other example, look at games like NBA or FIFA Soccer, the company that does not have the license from FIFA just call the players a little bit different, but you still know who "O. Kuhnn" is, when you see a blond 2m tall guy in the german goal.

its all about the name.

its a bit different with cars:
licensing is a problem with real cars. because the design of the car and the brand itself is a trademark which is protected by copyright for like 25-50 years (depends on the country). you could put in "real" historic cars as long as you do not use the original brand name but not any car/brand which is under a copyright law.

the reason we do not have real tracks in lfs is the fact, track-design needs A SHIT LOAD OF WORK/TIME/PATIENCE/BLOOD/SWEAT/TEARS to have decent result and as the devs want to do all the stuff by theirselfs, its just too much work to make new tracks and stuff when everything else is still in production.

HOWEVER

i would give a lot for 2-3 new oval tracks and a decent stockcar
and i do not care if its called: indy, mindy, cindy or windy...
Quote from sgt.flippy :Why don't people think longer about their first post? Come on, I mean.. A first impression is important! Don't throw it out like that..

Improvement suggestions > cars and tracks... It's meant to make improvement suggestions about the cars and the tracks, not asking AGAIN (for the millionth time) for real cars and tracks. It's impossible with the license costs and stuff and people complaining it's not 100% as it should be and bla bla bla.

Go stand in the corner and think about yourself for a minute now.

Cheers for the post Fischfix.... Constructive, unlike the German Helmut's.
What do I have to do with anything German?

And I was constructive too: Search the forum! You'll find more information on this than you'll ever be able to remember!

Cars and tracks
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG