The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Snazzy Vic

About the Mac version, it might need some touchy-feely by a OSX machine, else the permissions are a bit messed.

EDIT: This coming from the Mac user with a OSX so messed up, it dies on start up..

Which permissions and on which files does it go wrong?
Are there specific files in the folder that need specific permissions? (like all 'r' and 'w' and only the real executable 'x'?
Is file-ownership an issue?

I can try matching the required file permissions in linux and zip them there too (dunno does zip know about file permissions? Should i use another compression for Mac?)
I just logged on into LFSworld and... surprise! I see here an excelent way of monitoring races...

Can't LFS just stop getting better?
Brilliant!
just watching the 24h stream, reading irc (#moe, gamesurge) and of course spectating with remote.exe

great stuff!

but could it be possible to update the remote with coloured usernames? in moe they use the different coloured numbers to visually separate the two classes racing there...

just a thought - great work Victor!

back to watching again!

found a bug? :

maybe it's just me but if you follow a car on 24h and zoom as close as possible, the background disappears on some areas of the track...
I have another feature idea for LFS Remote, triggered by the Masters of Endurance's 24 hours. Please see this post.
Quote from Victor :Which permissions and on which files does it go wrong?
Are there specific files in the folder that need specific permissions? (like all 'r' and 'w' and only the real executable 'x'?
Is file-ownership an issue?

I can try matching the required file permissions in linux and zip them there too (dunno does zip know about file permissions? Should i use another compression for Mac?)

I think only the executable is the problem, but zip (or creating the .app in Windows?) seems to bork it. I'd (personally), recommend getting it .dmg'ed just becuase it's the standard method of releasing OSX applications, and then you can make a rather simplistic (but neat), installer with the DMG background and an alias(symbolic link) to the Applications folder, allowing an easy drag in the DMG to install it to the standard Folder.

I'll find you an example in a minute.
Attached images
Picture 2.jpg
Picture 3.jpg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Snazzy Vic

About the Mac version, it might need some touchy-feely by a OSX machine, else the permissions are a bit messed.

EDIT: This coming from the Mac user with a OSX so messed up, it dies on start up..

Well, don't forget that I originally reported it and my OSX is not messed up at all!

See that message, Victor. The problem and the fix are described there. I can fix your next versions in the same way, if you want. PM me, in this case.
Is it only me that wants to make it all pretty?

Too bad my OSX is so borked, I'm gonna need to do a reinstall today, so very annoying.
Nope, me too. But there's no hurry for that at that point. It's still a very early version.
Maybe this is why I don't get any animations work done, I care too much about form, then do function.
Great job, Victor! This will be useful for all of us, thanks again!
Vic, small little bug I've noticed while watching MOE. Zoomed in, as a car approaches the hairpin, the track goes gray (No map loaded), then after exiting the hairpin, it re-appears.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Vic, small little bug I've noticed while watching MOE. Zoomed in, as a car approaches the hairpin, the track goes gray (No map loaded), then after exiting the hairpin, it re-appears.

I see this as well when spectating the MOE server, in a lot of corners the map actually disappears leaving the cars floating in a sea of nothingness. Once the car(s) clear the corner, the map re-appears. This usually happens for maybe 1 or 2 seconds while following some car around the track, and happens even if there's only 1 car in the corner. Not a big deal, but it can get annoying.
Well, random status update, I restored my iMac, and have everything working without a hitch. This time I'm gonna be smart, and make a time machine backup of everything, to restore from.
Excellent!
I was shocked, I did an archive install, and told it to restore my preferences, but failed at that bit, so on start up, I booted into single user mode, then copied my user folder into the appropriate place, then started normally, had to go through setup assistant anyways, but everything was there. Just moving my applications now, where it should work too.

Now to delete all the dock images, and replace the light with an arrow, and I'll be set.
Well this lfs remote thing survived it's first major test, the 24h race! Congradz!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Well this lfs remote thing survived it's first major test, the 24h race! Congradz!

Yes, it really helped us a lot and worked perfectly.

Great work Victor, that tool came right in time
very cool thing!
I just started to program flash for some local LFS-Utilities. I created a tcp-connection to insim. Now i don´t know how to receive packets from the lfs program.
Is there a chance to get the source code of the lfs-remote(fla) or parts of it, so i can understand how it works?

greetings, bioforce
Quote from BioForce :very cool thing!
I just started to program flash for some local LFS-Utilities. I created a tcp-connection to insim. Now i don´t know how to receive packets from the lfs program.
Is there a chance to get the source code of the lfs-remote(fla) or parts of it, so i can understand how it works?

greetings, bioforce

I've attached the connection and data handling part of my InsimSocket class. Hope it helps.
Attached files
Flash_InSim_socket_example.zip - 2.1 KB - 231 views
Thank you! Lets see, if I get something out of it :-)
Thanks for help!
Great move! this little thingy adds to realism!!! just that makes me feel like on pitwall
hi, error report - 3 times changed server to watch with Show list of host > ... GO! then error window comes.
online version, IE7, FlashPlayer9
Attached images
remote_error.jpg

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG