The online racing simulator
#1 - Nobo
LFS Remote / Spectator
http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/

I think havent found it here... Found this in the german forum. Looks cool to be honest. Reminds me to the old lfs spectator.

Just thought to post it here....
#2 - DeKo
thats actually amazing, since when was that about?
That is AMAZING!!!
I never knew anything about it, although I use Opera and I had to run it in internet exploder. Looks cool, although this might not be intended to be found
Quote from duke_toaster :although this might not be intended to be found

Yeah.. I hope it's not going to be taken offline now though.. looks like a great tool to use in the 24 hour race of upcoming weekend!
Quote from traxxion :Yeah.. I hope it's not going to be taken offline now though.. looks like a great tool to use in the 24 hour race of upcoming weekend!

Agreed. Can't wait to use it for the 24hr.
Yep, really nice tool
Quote from traxxion :Yeah.. I hope it's not going to be taken offline now though.. looks like a great tool to use in the 24 hour race of upcoming weekend!

It's not my decision, but I don't mind using experimental stuff. The more people there are testing it the more quickly bugs get spotted.

It looks the absolute dog's balls, there's some minor features that would be rather funky but that doesn't matter. It looks useful, now I will be able to follow LFS races on computers without USB ports or a spectator app installed.

Absolute mutt's nuts.
Only (dead) "refresh" and "show empty hosts" buttons on gray background with firefox and konqueror. I doubt it's supposed to work like that

EDIT: Works fine on Windows on the same computer.
nice
Quote from frokki :Only (dead) "refresh" and "show empty hosts" buttons on gray background with firefox and konqueror. I doubt it's supposed to work like that

Beats a grey screen in Opera!

Try Internet Exploder, it works with that steaming bag of faeces.
Nice one. Finally I can watch races and admin my LFS servers with MacOS.
i've tested with opera - should work. HAve you installed Flash 9? Or maybe it's a security setting. Haven't checked.

Anyway, it wasn't meant to be public yet, but i've tested it with some people and posted the link to them, so i should've expected them to post it elsewhere.

Doesn't matter really, it's close to completion and as said, some testing is nice.

There may still be bugs, so if you find any, let me know here.

while we're at it, some more explanations :

In fullscreen mode, keyboard doesn't work. Only the escape key works to take you out of fullscreen. That's a flash limitation. If you download the swf file and run it like a normal application with flash, you get full control (so you can actually put this on your desktop as well).

Some keys :

f - full screen
shift-f - remove any text layers
arrow keys move the map (or mouse, duh)
+/- for zooming (or mousewheel, gee)
H or h for message history toggle
tab or shift-tab for view toggle
N or n for names toggle
ctrl-shift for username/playername toggle on licensed hosts

and prolly some other keys i forgot about.

You can click the position button in the racer list to show the 'last lap' racing line.

If you login as administrator, you get an admin-input like for text commands. If the input line is focussed (your cursor blinks in there) you can click the racernames in the list to copy-paste them into your admin-box. If you want to plaste usernames instead of playernames, just press ctrl-shift and click the username.

I think that's about it.
Hey Victor, Congrats on that, its excellent
Works a-ok in Firefox 2.0.0.11.
Nice work, looks very cool
Great add-on Victor
Man, this will be nice for marshaling races. Especially if we can do some of the admin commands for DT penalties, etc.

Nice work!
This is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Way to go guys and thanks!
reportet in irc .... there are some bugs

demo hosts so6, so4 and fe1

i think victor will fix that.....

nice job @victor
I'm just seeing a plain black screen, I assume its not up right now or something.

I'm just wondering what this does? Does it just show the real-time standings for a race, or can people actually watch the race? Either way, seems cool.
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm just seeing a plain black screen, I assume its not up right now or something.

I'm just wondering what this does? Does it just show the real-time standings for a race, or can people actually watch the race? Either way, seems cool.

It's a full 2D spectating tool
Quote from three_jump :It's a fully 2d spectating tool

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it in action. You don't need an LFS license to use it do you?
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm just seeing a plain black screen, I assume its not up right now or something.

What browser are you using?
have you flash 9 installed?

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG