The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :nihil - there's two sides to that argument. As JTbo says, somebody has to teach kids how to grow up and behave as an adult?

Obviously - I was just saying that the adult way to deal with this is to engage the posters when they post, rather than adding to the clutter with garbage like this thread, posted in the wrong place, and doing nothing more than reiterating familiar mantras.
Agreed. People still need to vent somewhere though. If it must be on this forum, it might as well be in a thread that isn't particularly important and I can bin when nobody's looking.
Sticky! +1
Quote from nihil :Obviously - I was just saying that the adult way to deal with this is to engage the posters when they post, rather than adding to the clutter with garbage like this thread, posted in the wrong place, and doing nothing more than reiterating familiar mantras.

As all the requests were in this part of the forum, I thougt it the best place to post it.

If you want to say the same thing over and over when replying to people asking for free roam and drift additions then it's your time to waste. But surely thats much more of an addition of clutter, garbage and reiterating familiar things?
Can't we all just get along.

All I will say is this, people that opt to drift using this game are well aware that nothing comes close to the way the car reacts when oversteering, point being its better than any other game.

Drifting is not "racing", sure if we argue something in relation to recovering from oversteer, but not drifting.

But why can't we have it both ways?
I agree with you only if someday we will be able to create our own tracks. Then LFS is the simulator, and we provide the track we would like it to simulate.
#33 - wark
Maybe if demo users could not post improvement suggestions? Seems fair to me.
#34 - aoun
Good Improvement suggestion garph!!!
Quote from garph :

If you want to say the same thing over and over when replying to people asking for free roam and drift additions then it's your time to waste. But surely thats much more of an addition of clutter, garbage and reiterating familiar things?

Actually, its your choice: LFS is not your property and its not your decision what people do with it or what gets posted here. It is however within your power to ignore what you don't want to deal with.

But while we're at it, why not list all the the other LFS repetitions:

When is S3 coming out?
Why is LFS so expensive?
Can someone give me a licence?
Can I share my licence?
Can we have more tracks?
Can we have the Nordschleife?
Can we have real tracks?
Can we have real cars?
Some n00b wrecked me/stole my skin!!
Why is LFS the best thing since sex?
When is S2 coming out?
Hey! Demo user! Get a licence!

Ok, I'm bored now, but you know the list is endless... I have to say that if the drift layout thing is the only request that drives you nuts, then you're probably more resilient than you think you are.
Quote from wark :Maybe if demo users could not post improvement suggestions? Seems fair to me.

Yeh - stop demousers starting new threads here, leagues and events and teams. But there is no issue with replying though.

If possible, a "prohibit demo users replying to this thread" option would work.
Quote from nihil :Actually, its your choice: LFS is not your property and its not your decision what people do with it or what gets posted here. It is however within your power to ignore what you don't want to deal with.

You're right I should just stay out of the areas that frustrate and annoy me, which I do try to do, it's just a morbid curiosity that I can't resist some times.

And even though I'm not a dev I have been around long enough and have enough confidence in the devs to know the direction and goal of LFS.

...besides I like reading the birthday thingy
This attitude of "My opinion about what this game should be is the best and all the others should CTFU" is really childish!
Quote from Maelstrom :This attitude of "My opinion about what this game should be is the best and all the others should CTFU" is really childish!

I agree with you, mut I agree with garph even more. I'm so sick of you-know-what.

Quote from duke_toaster :Yeh - stop demousers starting new threads here, leagues and events and teams. But there is no issue with replying though.

If possible, a "prohibit demo users replying to this thread" option would work.

+ 100. Very good improvement suggestion.
Though I think, as a downside the "General LFS Discussion" would turn disasterous. Like it weren't already. :|
#40 - wark
Here's another pet peeve of mine:

"Suggestions" for new cars or types of cars (or vehicles in general, for that matter). For divers reasons--they are an exercise in futility!

"I think this car should be in LFS!" Odds are no one will disagree--anyone of sound mind wants as many cars as possible!

These threads all turn into "yeah that car would be great but these are the cars i would like: &c." and following arguments over which car is better and why.
the game is simply too real to be JUST a racing simulator...
Nice necro post.

Buy a license & try the whole thing - or just read the LFS website. You'll see that "just a racing simulator" is exactly what Live For Speed is.
Wise men says that one picture is more than thousand words:
Quote from JTbo :I don't see that anything in improvement suggestions section is going to take away time from LFS development to direction devs has chosen, they follow their route in their schedule that is basic principle of how LFS is being developed, if devs see what they like they may add it to list, but certainly never it is going to cause development direction or speed to change, besides I remember reading quite long time ago that Scawen did had quite complete list of features for LFS, it was something among lines of suggested features list is quite full already or something like that, but it was really long time ago so I believe only small details and such are those that really affect at the moment.

That is why I have started to think that there could be different products like:
-LFS learning edition, now contains traffic rule sets of most countries
-LFS Drifters touge, feel the exitement of sideways action in most challenging touge courses evah
-LFS Mod, create your own cars and tracks, enjoy world of customization.
-LFS Online racing simulator, the original LFS, the one and only the best online racing game there is, comes with LFS World stats, you won't find them elsewhere

Naturally such developments should be made after this first product is ready.

That would be how to make quite some money out from it but I really can't say if that is what devs ever would enjoy of doing and if it is not what they would enjoy what they would like then it is not going to happen either as we know LFS is game made without strict schedules etc. it is why it goes further in simulating as there is passion in making, will to create something that creator enjoys.

But for threads, well I would say that there could be some filter when you hit post if there is drift or freeroam in title it would not make a post but direct you to search function and uses title as search word

hehehe +1

i would pick up original lfs
why can't LFS be a Renissance Simulator?
Quote from tristancliffe :If, one day, LFS has the most advanced aerodynamic solutions in a driving sim, I don't want it to become a flight-sim.

Just because LFS can be drifted or driven slowly doesn't mean it should become a drift/granny sim. It's a race sim, and I think it's best left as a race sim by the devs.

I don't think LFS needs to be classified as a sim for any specific driving application. if it has super realism, it can be used to PRACTICE for anything from drag racing, racing, rallying, drifting, and other stunt driving. there is no need to stick with anything, if it simulates a real car, it can be used for anything
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :why can't LFS be a Renissance Simulator?

Renaissance? You mean a simulator of 14th century nostalgia for an Arcadian state of grace?

Sorry, uncalled for sarcasm on my part ... especially since I guess you mean that the LFS community should have space for a wide combination of disciplines?
I think everybody can post what they want to post! otherwise it wouldn't be "Improvement suggestions" but it would be "Improvement sugestions but only for racers and nobody else"

I realy don't see the problem of people asking for drift or cruise or enything related questions. if you don't like drifting you don't reed it or put yr opinion in it. if you don't like cruise you don't read it!

There are so many crap topics about racing lets talk about that and close them!

and talking about growing up.. people always disliking others sugestions and don't have an open mind for it need to grow up!

And yes i'm a racer to..
ooooo, my post, SHE LIVES!

It wasn't about people asking for this stuff, but at the time it was more about the sear number of people asking for it over and over again, starting new topics and repeat posting without even looking a few posts down (where they would have seen about 5 topics all about the same thing) let alone searching.

I don't know why this has been resurrected but check out the post date before adding more
i am not a fan of city-driving BUT.

HELL, SINCE WHEN ARE YOU A LFS GAME DEVELOPER?

everyone should be allowed to request whatever he likes. and drift-racing is a form of racing. there are a lot of leagues IRL for this kind of racing. so why shouldn't lfs support this style of racing?

the cruising thing is a different thing but still its popular in lfs, why not support the community with that. although i still do net get the sense of it :/

the "circuit racers" got enough things the last few updates, so now others (RallyX, Drifters, Drag-Racers, Oval-lovers) should get something new in the next few patches.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG