The online racing simulator
Quote from Bladerunner :Portal?? Overrated????

Spanky...what ARE you saying??????

That it was crap?

EDIT: I have to remind that I hate Half-Life 2 and all of its reincarnations with passion.
Most disappointing new game of 2007: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Best new first person shooter of 2007: Call of Duty 4

Worst game ending in 2007 or in gaming history overall: Halo 3

Most overrated sequel/game series of 2007: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

My favourite game of the year has to be Mass Effect, I have played through it twice, and I didn't even expect it to be a good game. I got it because I was bored, and couldn't stop playing it.

Halo 3 is just too boring on single player for me, online its quite fun but there are too many ****s online for me to enjoy it.

PES08 is quite simply an insult to the fans of the PES series, 40% of people on PESfan said they would no longer buy any PES games because of it.

Call of Duty 4 blew me away, its a proper FPS and its great fun on single player and online. ARMA is more of a war simulation than an FPS, so it didn't get my vote.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl was a little dissapointing for me, it wasn't an open world open ended game, which is what I expected. It didn't mix FPS and RPG well either, and it was quite buggy.
yeah cod 4 is awesome. its very popular aswell
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Most disappointing new game of 2007: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Best new first person shooter of 2007: Call of Duty 4

Gotta agree with you there, especially about PES 2008, as you say, an insult to the PES fans..
ArmA for me.

Despite the bugs, the crap missions, the long wait for the patches, the drop of frame rates from 60ps down to 5ps when you so much as look at a tree or blade of grass, and controlling the AI being akin to cat herding. It still won a place in my heart, but that was probably down to the thousands of community addons and fixes which essentially saved the game. And it's the only FPS that's ever managed to push the original Ghost Recon off my hard drive.

As for the rest of the 2007 games, they've been so forgettable i can't actually remember any. And I'm not a fan of HL2/Counter Strike etc so i didn't bother with Portal.
Quote from spankmeyer :That it was crap?

a humourous innovative puzzle that not only trains your reflexes,but also requires your brain to work and you say it's crap?
Spankey, you're weird... Portal is NOT HL which you hate
Quote from thisnameistaken :You spelt almost everything else wrong too, so I wouldn't get too hung up on that. While we're on the subject: The occasional punctuation mark wouldn't hurt.

im dyslexic so i dont care lol bare with it
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Hahahahaha, high system requirements? HAHAHAHAHA what do you guys EXPECT? Its 2008.
No problems with starforce for me, as long you have purchased copy.
Crysis has best graphics, extreme physics and ok storyline, just finished it yesterday.
Also if you say you cant shoot down moving aliens, thats because you cant aim, never blame it on a weapon, weapon dont fire itself and always the problem is human in this case. I can shoot down moving aliens very fine with gauss gun.

Also, DK, if you want real war, try Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. It will turn vanilla BF2 into THE most realistic war experiences today, i always feel like im really in the war!

ok will make the video of it tomorow to prove that the moving alien dont get hit
Quote from Dooonster :ok will make the video of it tomorow to prove that the moving alien dont get hit

Lol its called aim. If you can't the aliens, you're doing something fairly badly wrong.

Worst ending was Crysis. (Community mods redeemed the game).
Best SP was CoD4.
Best atmospheric affect was Bioshock.

Also enjoyed Stalker, Dark Messiah Might and Magic (though got repetitive).

And after all that... I still only play CSS seriously.
Best of 2007, Live for Speed patch Y!

Worst of 2007, Live for Speed patch Y!

Why the worst? Because I don't play computer games. I only race LFS and do the occasional flying with FS9, which wasn't 2004. Thus LFS patch Y has to be the best and worst being the only one
I can't agree with Spankmeyer - Bioshock was imo one of the best games released last year.
Biggest dissapointment? Lost Planet - first 5 levels are great fun but then you feel like playing the same level again and again...
bit like crysis then lol.. how many body shots to kill a enemy in crysis from a long distance? 5...6...7...8...still counting
#38 - Jakg
Best: Patch Y & Portal.

Wost - rTractor...? I don't play many PC games now so i dont know!
#39 - DeKo
PES was definetely the worst game ive played this year, Fifa for the X360 was the biggest improvement. ive been a PES guy for years and this years doesnt come close to fifa's epic. Crysis was good until the alien shite, where it got turned off.

Favourite game has to be CoD, it just has to be, since it came out ive spent more time on it than any other game last year put together.
yea but in crysis im sure the guys in the same suits as u were just as tough they were always glowing red so that ment max strength and they dint die all that easy dam things

now get a sniper and shot people in the head from a good distance seems there helmet saved the bastards! and tryed again and still cant hit flying aliens and dunno why i love hitting moving targets but crysis dont like me mabey its just my shite GFX card giving it lag???? well ill fraps it in a min i cant be botherd atm!
yeah run fraps in crysis that will help your fps . i was talking about the normal guys in crysis not the fancy suited guys
:bump:

Had to be me, didn't it?
Well, I have just 'ordered' Kane and Lynch...about 9 hours before 'delivery' is complete...and I have read some scary stuff about it on teh interwebs.
Can anybody either confirm or refute the following:

You cannot play it online unless you have a Windows LIVE account...which you have to PAY for!!

You can ONLY use a proper Xbox 360 controller...no mouses or keyboards

It's so full of bugs that it makes my dogs blanket look uninhabited

Anyone got this (on PC...NOT console) that can verify please?
Quote from andybarsblade :yeah run fraps in crysis that will help your fps . i was talking about the normal guys in crysis not the fancy suited guys

so far an average of 8fps with fraps running in the last boss battle so its not that bad
#44 - DeKo
Quote from Bladerunner ::bump:

Had to be me, didn't it?
Well, I have just 'ordered' Kane and Lynch...about 9 hours before 'delivery' is complete...and I have read some scary stuff about it on teh interwebs.
Can anybody either confirm or refute the following:

You cannot play it online unless you have a Windows LIVE account...which you have to PAY for!!

You can ONLY use a proper Xbox 360 controller...no mouses or keyboards

It's so full of bugs that it makes my dogs blanket look uninhabited

Anyone got this (on PC...NOT console) that can verify please?

The paying for the windows live account is a lie, dunno about the rest.
Quote from DeKo :The paying for the windows live account is a lie, dunno about the rest.

Just to clarify..it isn't the "standard" Windows Live account that does Messenger etc, this is more like the Xbox Live account; but for Windoze apparently.
Quote from jibber :You must have a weird taste then!

He does...he also panned Portal
Only other mainstream game I think I played this year was S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and that was rather disappointing - so much potential basically thrown away. Recent mods kinda fix some things, but I can't say I got time to find out.

There were far more interesting titles out on the indie game scene IMO.
I never buy lot of games. But before I decide to buy, I read what is said in magazines, online articles and forums. If the game still feels good after trying the demo, I go buy it. So I get disappointed very rarely.

In 2007 I didn't buy any games bacause of my old crappy computer, but now with the new system I bought immediately one game: Armed Assault (and Queen's Gambit addon). It's a great game and I recommed it if you want some more realistic action. (It was published in some countries 2006 so not necessarily 2007 game).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG