The online racing simulator
The Tire Sidewalls Poll
(41 posts, started )

Poll : Which Tire Sidewalls Do You Prefer?

Bridgestone
Evostar
Michelin
Avon
All fairly equally
Cromo_Plain
Torro
Cromo
The Tire Sidewalls Poll
Just want to know which tire sidewalls you prefer to use, and why.
Michelin's right now, they look the best with the blue on my skin.
Zomg I haven't even posted the poll gimme a second.
Never really pay much attention to it TBO.

I did make my own FIrestone logo a while back, but that was just to fit one particular skin, which got deleted by mistake.

But now i really don't care what's on the sidewall, whatever LFS gives me is the one i use.
Upto patch Y I always used Evostar, but now I like my boots made by Bridgestone.
Torros The hi res addon plus my red color scheme makes for a pretty nice flow
Evostars. they have the best logo and I use it on many of my skins. it sounds the most like a drift tire.Cromo and Cromo plain is 2nd for me then Torro and michelin for my LX6

EDIT wait! there's still gripmaxx. but I guess it has no logo then
I've got Justin Z's texture update, and I usually use Cromo. I've replaced Michelin with Shinozooka and Bridgestone with Gripmaxx, though. Generally I match my tires to the current skin I'm using. Most of my skins gets Cromo (if any tire manufacturer) but sometimes I'll throw something else on there, and those skins get the subsequent sidewalls.
Avon

Dunno really know why
Avon. They seem to go better with my skins
Depends on the skin I'm wearing.

If the skin has a tyre sponsor on it then I will use that brand if available, or plain if not.
If the skin has no tyre sponsor, then I normally use Bridgestone.
Avon - because I use them in real life I suppose, but I also find their 'logo' the least cluttered and offensive to look at. Michelin, for example, is like having a cartoon strip on your wheels, and makes them look silly (applies in real life as well as LFS).

So, Avon or nothing. Had Avons in LFS for ages, thanks to a texture mod, but no one else could see my coolness
I use Michelin because I have them on my real car too.

BTW are there any differences in LFS between the tyres?
Quote from March Hare :I use Michelin because I have them on my real car too.

No, just the name on the sidewalls. The differences are only between R1-R2-etc.

Before the patch I only used Michelin just because I like the brand. Now I use Avon and Bridgestone as well.

I haven't voted as I can only vote for one. For a poll like this, that makes it pritty useless to be honest. Can it be changed?
#15 - joen
Evostar FTW
Unless I'm using a skin that uses a different brand, then I'll use that.
Bridgestone, as I have them on my bike
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
I use Evostar in LFS and have done since day 1

I have Falkens on my car right now, but I have just ordered some Toyo T1R's for my car whoo!
So now I'm curious, are the tyre makes purely cosmetic? or are there any actual performance differences between the makes?
#19 - joen
Quote from Polyracer :So now I'm curious, are the tyre makes purely cosmetic? or are there any actual performance differences between the makes?

see post #14
But I believe the plan is to make them have different characteristics in the future.
Quote from joen :see post #14
But I believe the plan is to make them have different characteristics in the future.

Thanks buddy :doh:,

I have been testing different makes to find those last few elusive seconds - seems I've been wasting my time,:doh: again.

Guess I'm just plain crap lol.
Bridgestone.
cuz i have watched too many F1..lol
I'm for variety. I use a different brand of tyre per car (obviously there are repeats but I make sure they all get used). Poll option added.
#23 - Osco
mostly the faded yellow goodyear sidewall, sometimes bridgestone
Quote from March Hare :

Well Im a noob at this but I think so
#25 - joen

The Tire Sidewalls Poll
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG