The online racing simulator
Quote :Is Mechanik in the same folder as LFS? That second error is weird, I've never seen it. Yes there is one or two spots left. One thing though, if you setup a 9-slot server do you, the host, take up one of the slots?

No, It's not in the LFS folder, but where in the LFS folder should i put it? :S
Acctually, i got it to work now!!

The thing i had to do was to type inn all the numbers manually :|
have to make sure my settings are right:

Weight: -2
Drivetrain: 1
Gears: 7
Cylinders: 1/1
Displacement: 125/125
Power: 0,3
Powerband With: 1,000
Time2rev: 0,200
Redline: 1,6
Idle: 104,71

right?

Btw, which server, and at which time is the race? :S

EDIT: Saw it was at 8.00 GMT

But still, which server? :S
sorry, my friend could'nt participate..
Thank you for telling me the time.
Quote from Go-carter :have to make sure my settings are right:

Weight: -2
Drivetrain: 1
Gears: 7
Cylinders: 1/1
Displacement: 125/125
Power: 0,3
Powerband With: 1,000
Time2rev: 0,200
Redline: 1,6
Idle: 104,71

right?

Btw, which server, and at which time is the race? :S

EDIT: Saw it was at 8.00 GMT

But still, which server? :S

Those settings are correct, yes. The server details will be sent to everyone in a PM tomorrow.
Quote from Leifde :Those settings are correct, yes. The server details will be sent to everyone in a PM tomorrow.

eehhhh, wasen't it today? :S oh well, then i have one more day to train on...
The race is tonight. The server will open at 7:15pm for some extra practise. At 7:30pm qualifying will start - you can do as many laps as you can in the 30 minutes. At around 8pm the first heat will start, this will be a rolling start so if you've never done one before you'll have to listen to my instructions carefully. The next 2 heats and the final will follow that with small gaps in-between so I can write down positions.

I will PM everyone now giving out the details of the server.

EDIT: I can't do a qualify on the autocross track so I will set it at a 20-lap race. When you think you've done please park way off the racing line and in a sensible place until the last lap so I can record your time. The qualifying is for the places in the final - if you don't set a qualifying time you get sent to the back of the grid. The heats are random starts.
#84 - d6nn
yiihaa
yeeaa. rolling start
Scrap what I put in my last post about a qualifying session, it will just be a practise session.

Timetable:
19:15 - Server Opens -> Practise Starts
20:00 - Heat 1 -> Heat 2 -> Heat 3 -> Final -> Points Added up -> Winners Announced.

Heat 1 => Rolling Start => Random Start
Heat 2 => Standing Start => Random Start
Heat 3 => Rolling Start => Random Start
Final => Standing Start => Random Start
Good stuff, looking forward to this

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the settings are a bit wierd under braking/turn in (both at the same time)?
#87 - d6nn
m
i still got a question . what is the track?
Quote from kidzer :Good stuff, looking forward to this

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the settings are a bit wierd under braking/turn in (both at the same time)?

I think its just you. I like those settings. For d6nn, the track is the one that was in the file at the beginning of this thread.
The server will be up in 15 minutes.

The setup is a bit weird braking and turning in because 95% of the braking is on the rear.

EDIT: d6nn, you don't need the track on your computer, it will be setup on the server.

EDIT2: Server up now! - 19:13

EDIT3: Please have Mechanik setup and running with the right preset - the ICC one before you join the server. Thanks.
#90 - d6nn
hmm
why i got kicked from server? *
said: smthg . JOOS: set car eng
Did you have mechanik running with the ICC preset?
Me too, I have the same problem. Ahhhhh im getting angry with it. Yes I do have mechanik running
As I said, do you have mechanik running with the ICC preset I posted?
#94 - d6nn
sda
when i click on mekanik it says smthng that a file MSVBV...DLL was not found. reinstalling may fix the damn problem.
That's why you can't connect, because you're not running Mechanik, I'll post a link to the missing file(s).

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/COMDLG32.OCX

Download that, that should help.

Or try this
Quote from ATHome :By the way: Some of you might have the missing dll already in their windows\system32 folder, its just not registered...

To do so:

Start
Run

and then type in (or copy from my reply)

regsvr32 %systemroot%\System32\MSSTDFMT.dll

Or if that doesn't work try http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt
you have to go into oneplayer, start the mrt5 with mekanik running right setup, then exit oneplayer, then enter the server

Worked for me
I did and I cant connect anyway
#98 - d6nn
mf
i am missing the file MSVBVM60.DLL
How about you guys make a normal server so we can talk and then maybe try again??? Of course with the same password

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG