The online racing simulator
Old thread
I have come up with the idea of a league using Mechanik and the MRT to get as close as we can to karting.

I am running an event in the new year using 125cc engines with a gearbox to see how much interest there is and whether it is worth doing it.

Everyone who enters this event will be given a Mechanik preset and a setup for the MRT. Suspension, excluding the ride height, may not be altered so we can get the closest to no suspension.

The event will be run off my computer (1Mbps connection - AOL) unless someone donates a server for a night.

If anyone is interested in helping to setup this league/event or taking part in it please PM me before 1st January 2006.

EDIT: Here is the final release of the files before the event. Everything needed to run the preset is here - mechanik, LFS 0.5P (exe and abc files), the layout, the sample setup and the preset.
Attached files
LFSK.zip - 825.8 KB - 415 views
Want to take part
Include me, and I hava a possibility to count with one server for that night as a back up server just in case feels laggy.

Username: Nelsongpv

www.granprixvirtual.com (LFS Mexico)

http://teamfenix.15.forumer.com/ (please visit the english section and drop us a line)

Best regrads
Nelson
I have the preset, a track being considered for the event and a sample setup.

Remember - you can change anything but the suspension (you CAN change the ride height)

If enough people want me to I will setup a test server.

EDIT: file removed - see first post for newest release
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Leifde :I have come up with the idea of a league using Mechanik and the MRT to get as close as we can to karting.

I am running an event in the new year using 125cc engines with a gearbox to see how much interest there is and whether it is worth doing it.

Everyone who enters this event will be given a Mechanik preset and a setup for the MRT. Suspension, excluding the ride height, may not be altered so we can get the closest to no suspension.

The event will be run off my computer (1Mbps connection - AOL) unless someone donates a server for a night.

If anyone is interested in helping to setup this league/event or taking part in it please PM me before 1st January 2006.

isnt 125cc a bit small? most karts are at least 200cc, unless youre trying to simulate cadets, and if you are, isnt it rather pointless considering the size of the tracks?
125 aint too small, no.

the main clas here in the UK - Rotax, uses a 125 engine so it seems about right to me
125cc was the most common when I was on the go in the karting scene. Actually come to think of it I can't remember seeing anything much more powerful than a 125cc at Boyndie. If I did it was only the odd meeting and like one of them

Keiran
#7 - Jakg
o
Quote from kidzer :125 aint too small, no.

the main clas here in the UK - Rotax, uses a 125 engine so it seems about right to me

oh, when i go karting, the have karts for the under 8's that are 125's, the over 8's get 200's (they get used as arrive and drives and are ruined, so they are now virtually never used) 240's (pretty good, but they need more maintenance) & 270's (unfortuanetly, they are only being used for corporate events atm)
Quote from keiran :125cc was the most common when I was on the go in the karting scene. Actually come to think of it I can't remember seeing anything much more powerful than a 125cc at Boyndie. If I did it was only the odd meeting and like one of them

Keiran

rotax is the fastest 'club' class but 100cc water cooled karts produce alot more power! rotax sucks keiran, and u know it!!!!!
Quote from Jakg :ooh, when i go karting, the have karts for the under 8's that are 125's, the over 8's get 200's (they get used as arrive and drives and are ruined, so they are now virtually never used) 240's (pretty good, but they need more maintenance) & 270's (unfortuanetly, they are only being used for corporate events atm)

thats 4 strokes m8. 200cc 4strokes are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. a 200cc 4 stroke makes around 5.5hp and weighs about 200kg, a 125cc 2-stroke makes around 28hp and weighs 150kg!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :thats 4 strokes m8. 200cc 4strokes are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. a 200cc 4 stroke makes around 5.5hp and weighs about 200kg, a 125cc 2-stroke makes around 28hp and weighs 150kg!

I beg your pardon. Here in the states, 4-stroke (206cc Briggs & Stratton) karts make 5.0hp, bone stock from the box. Once they have been tuned to the rules (even in "stock" class), you can easily get 10.5 hp from one. And the common weight class for the "Lite" classes is 300 lbs (136 kg). If set-up properly, these 4-cycle karts are anything but slow. I will give the 2-cycle karts props, though, as they are mad fast.
yea, but the karts we run here as rental ones (the one he means) are rental karts with huge bumpers and totally crap engines. i know a tuned 250cc 4 stroke can just about keep up with a 100cc 2 stroke, but the ones he means are totally different.
Then tune the 2 stroke and it will thrash the legs off the 4 stroke Rotax doesn't suck it was the cheapest year in karting for me and the quickest by far. One event we were put together with a few TKMs because there wasn't enough TKMs to make a grid. We lapped them by the end of a short heat

Keiran
Erm, sorry to be out of the loop, but do I need a tweak app/add-on of some kind to make this Kart?
You need Mechanik. Read the thread carefully - you need to have 0.5P for it to work.

The preset is a 125cc gearbox kart (ICC) which produce around 40hp IIC.
Quote from keiran :Then tune the 2 stroke and it will thrash the legs off the 4 stroke Rotax doesn't suck it was the cheapest year in karting for me and the quickest by far. One event we were put together with a few TKMs because there wasn't enough TKMs to make a grid. We lapped them by the end of a short heat

Keiran

im talking about Formula A 100cc 2 strokes! the 4 stroke is called a Billand and has 2 cylinders and OVER twice the capacity. in theory a 4 stroke should have half the power of the 2 stroke, so double the capacity and its the same!
I wonder how fast a 250cc 2-stroke would be...
a 4 stroke with double the capacity will outpower a conventional carb fed 2 stroke no worries. Sorry to help in the dragging off topic of this thread!
I just Download it
Quote from Leifde :I have the preset, a track being considered for the event and a sample setup.

Remember - you can change anything but the suspension (you CAN change the ride height)

If enough people want me to I will setup a test server.

Leifde:

I just Download the zip file, sorry for my ignorance but where the ct file goes?, with the layout and setup didnt have any problems.

I like the layout and seems its going to be quite fun and a very fast race.
Good Job

I start practicing did some laps.

Your Friend
Nelson
Quote from banshee56 :I beg your pardon. Here in the states, 4-stroke (206cc Briggs & Stratton) karts make 5.0hp, bone stock from the box. Once they have been tuned to the rules (even in "stock" class), you can easily get 10.5 hp from one. And the common weight class for the "Lite" classes is 300 lbs (136 kg). If set-up properly, these 4-cycle karts are anything but slow. I will give the 2-cycle karts props, though, as they are mad fast.

Almost exactly the same as Canada. Except we run 6.5hp Honda's (GX200). We mod these to the specs in the rule book and they put out around 10hp. Our light class is 340lbs (154kg), and these karts can hit about 70mph. If we had the track, we'd probably be running 125cc Rotax, but since no one around here wants to sit down and put the money into a kart track, we'll race what we can. I'll try out this mod and see how it is. But for a karting league to be started up, we need to see karts become a part of LFS (without modding)
I might be interested the only problem with those is you need to make really small wheel movments. So maybe when i get my TSW that will make it more easy
Quote from NelsonGPV :
I just Download the zip file, sorry for my ignorance but where the ct file goes?, with the layout and setup didnt have any problems.

I like the layout and seems its going to be quite fun and a very fast race.
Good Job

I start practicing did some laps.

First you download mechanik. After you've followed all the instructions that come with mechanik you should have a preset folder in your main LFS folder, put the ct file in there.

I'm glad you like the layout

EDIT: I'm in the process of updating the preset and setup files to cater for a 6th gear (I originally thought the rule was 5 gears but it's 6). There are also a few changes to the track. I will post these in a zip file in the first post as soon as they're ready.
Heck yes, count me in. This is sweet. i had the hp about 32,around a rotax,i think, and had it geared single speed. with the turbo lag it felt just like a rotax. only thing i had trouble with was the weight. only got it down to 380. To bad we cant change it into a 2 stroke and get rid of that turbo. We could do some ICA.
Provisional date for the event is this Sunday (8th January) at 20:00 GMT. Qualifying will start at 19:00 GMT.

I will post the updated files tomorrow (6th January).

If enough people can't make it, it will be postponed.

Please PM me ASAP.
#25 - d6nn
good
i'm interested

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG