The online racing simulator
Cheating?
(48 posts, started )
Don't know about UF1 on FE Green, but I've seen a LX6 passing the chicane with the lowest speed of 156km/h. And if I understood correctly, there were room for improvement. I do understand the technique that was used to get this high speed through the chicane, but I can't do that myself. 1st sector is the hardest for me, sadly, FE Black is also affected with this chicane..
Yeah, that chicane is famous, we have to wait until the damage gets improved so rough driving over the chicane will cause things to get damaged.
Quote from RMachucaA :yeah, tweak is uncatchable, i can vouch for that, i spent days trying to outqualify him with no avail, sucks when he's in your league, no hope :P.

Jeez, look who's talking...
I am nowhere near either of you and I have a lot of experience. Never, ever race Tweak on FE Black in the LX6 illepall
We need to get some LRF races going with you guys on the NASSA server
Quote from Hallen :Never, ever race Tweak on FE Black in the LX6 illepall

Can't really say I have raced tweak. I have been on the same track at the same time, but can not really say I was racing him
I raced him once or twice. But only as far as the first corner...
Quote from Fordman :Can't really say I have raced tweak. I have been on the same track at the same time, but can not really say I was racing him

true enough I think Tweaks avtar is enough of a clue
talking about corners, i've come to the conclusion that it comes down to straighten out every corner.
that's done by wide-in, hit the apex, wide-out.
the small differences that give you extra controlled speed during these corners are mostly unknown to me yet.
Those fast aliens will have serious problems when engine and suspension damage gets to "visible" level. Driving over 20cm high curb at 200kph without any suspension damage is something I'd like to do in real life

...Or at least to get to that 200kph
Quote from Hyperactive :Those fast aliens will have serious problems when engine and suspension damage gets to "visible" level. Driving over 20cm high curb at 200kph without any suspension damage is something I'd like to do in real life

...Or at least to get to that 200kph

They wont, cause they will attach to the new physics maybe even faster than you...
Yeah, I remember similar things being said about tyre wear and heat. Sucked when everyone found out that *aliens* are fast because they're smooth, and therefore have even longer lasting tyres
Ok this is all well and good but.......I race Oval Junkies a bit and have been "riding along" and see speeds to 200 MPH? Many drivers get into the 190's?? Shhesh! I do ok, some 3rds, 4ths and 5ths and turn some 5:02, 8 lap races and a 36.3 36.5 lap or two but nothing like some. I have seen some 35.6+ laps? How they do that is beyond me.... I ride along and practice with gost car. I have some really good sets. Been around the net since P-133's so I am always a bit skeptical. Been beaten by every trainer and hack out there in 50 different games

LOL! I'll keep trying. Yes I do use the nose-up bug or I'd be last every time

When in Rome, do as...........

Vette
200 mph is very hard to reach at the oval.

If you have the oval setup that is commonly passed around there at the Oval Junkies server, you might notice it can reach pretty high speeds (high 180's). When drafting it gets in the 190's. But you have to have a proper draft -- and a LONG draft to get to 200. Also, the usual setup passed around there has 2 degrees of wing angle on the front and rear if I remember correctly. It doesn't affect speed that much, but my guess is, they set the angle like that because when drafting and passing into a corner, you need some turning ability (or else you get in some accidents). If you put the wing angle at 0 for front and rear (which I do), you can reach 200 mph, but you gotta be very cautious and aware when passing, because you won't steer as well as before. I've reached 201 I think, but it is hard to get, you gotta get some big draft from 1 car, or setup a draft properly with 2 cars in front.

If these people are going a steady 200 mph for a long amount of time, then something new has evolved. Maybe someone made a new setup, I don't know. But I haven't seen or heard of that yet .
Quote from Tweaker :Also, the usual setup passed around there has 2 degrees of wing angle on the front and rear if I remember correctly. It doesn't affect speed that much, but my guess is, they set the angle like that because when drafting and passing into a corner, you need some turning ability (or else you get in some accidents).

hmmm im pretty sure those 2 degrees help with exploiting the high nose bug
I had a much faster speed with reducing the degrees though, The only bad thing was steering, and you had to let off when going for a shotgun pass into a corner. Which is fine for me, because I prefer skill on the oval with throttle usage, rather than using full throttle all the time and having 2 degrees added.

I don't see how having 2 degrees front and rear would help you be faster with the nose exploit, it only makes you slower and turn easier/safer for runing through turns side-by-side. Because that setup seems to only be passed around in the server for racing purposes so people are safe passing. Normally with the 2 degrees, you can hardly reach 200mph ever, and when passing people, they can still stay in your slipstream. But when I turned it down to 0, I was haulin' passed them with ease, and they couldn't stay in the draft It is risky to use 0, but if you can manage it, go for it.
LOL! Nope..I saw 200 once and 201 once off a big draft just as you say. I see low 190's to 196 fairly often. The reason I snicker is I THINK I was riding with YOU Thanks for the most excellent explanation.
Regards Sir,
Vette

quote=Tweaker]200 mph is very hard to reach at the oval.

If you have the oval setup that is commonly passed around there at the Oval Junkies server, you might notice it can reach pretty high speeds (high 180's). When drafting it gets in the 190's. But you have to have a proper draft -- and a LONG draft to get to 200. Also, the usual setup passed around there has 2 degrees of wing angle on the front and rear if I remember correctly. It doesn't affect speed that much, but my guess is, they set the angle like that because when drafting and passing into a corner, you need some turning ability (or else you get in some accidents). If you put the wing angle at 0 for front and rear (which I do), you can reach 200 mph, but you gotta be very cautious and aware when passing, because you won't steer as well as before. I've reached 201 I think, but it is hard to get, you gotta get some big draft from 1 car, or setup a draft properly with 2 cars in front.

If these people are going a steady 200 mph for a long amount of time, then something new has evolved. Maybe someone made a new setup, I don't know. But I haven't seen or heard of that yet .[/quote]
200 mph is hard to get? LOL & thought it was just me... I did it once. I've hit 198 a few times and 196 a few more, but for the most part I seem to get stuck mid field with no one to draft with so i'd be lucky to get a 186.
(LOL that's just plain murder in California)
Most of the times I spent on oval servers though was at 0mph, due to multiple restarts. Plus I like to use the "right turn" feature my wheel has. so I just don't really mess with it.

As far as the oval goes I bet it would really be fun in the LRF cars. I don't think you could "floor it and forget it" with those cars.
#42 - Jakg
Quote from Racer Y :200 mph is hard to get? LOL & thought it was just me... I did it once. I've hit 198 a few times and 196 a few more, but for the most part I seem to get stuck mid field with no one to draft with so i'd be lucky to get a 186.
(LOL that's just plain murder in California)
Most of the times I spent on oval servers though was at 0mph, due to multiple restarts. Plus I like to use the "right turn" feature my wheel has. so I just don't really mess with it.

As far as the oval goes I bet it would really be fun in the LRF cars. I don't think you could "floor it and forget it" with those cars.

the problem is, that you can onl go upwards of 186 mph indraft, and when your in a draft you could always ram the car infornt, but on the last corner ive aproached at 206 by slingshotting past 2 people
Quote from Z06Vette :Ok this is all well and good but.......I race Oval Junkies a bit and have been "riding along" and see speeds to 200 MPH? Many drivers get into the 190's?? Shhesh! I do ok, some 3rds, 4ths and 5ths and turn some 5:02, 8 lap races and a 36.3 36.5 lap or two but nothing like some. I have seen some 35.6+ laps? How they do that is beyond me.... I ride along and practice with gost car. I have some really good sets. Been around the net since P-133's so I am always a bit skeptical. Been beaten by every trainer and hack out there in 50 different games
LOL! I'll keep trying. Yes I do use the nose-up bug or I'd be last every time
When in Rome, do as...........
Vette

35's are really only possible with bumpdrafting, or drafting al ong line of cars
Quote from Tweaker :If these people are going a steady 200 mph for a long amount of time, then something new has evolved. Maybe someone made a new setup, I don't know. But I haven't seen or heard of that yet .

nope, purely in drafts, anyway, even if you try and take a corner at 186 mph in draft you fly off!
Quote from Tweaker :I had a much faster speed with reducing the degrees though, The only bad thing was steering, and you had to let off when going for a shotgun pass into a corner. Which is fine for me, because I prefer skill on the oval with throttle usage, rather than using full throttle all the time and having 2 degrees added.
I don't see how having 2 degrees front and rear would help you be faster with the nose exploit, it only makes you slower and turn easier/safer for runing through turns side-by-side. Because that setup seems to only be passed around in the server for racing purposes so people are safe passing. Normally with the 2 degrees, you can hardly reach 200mph ever, and when passing people, they can still stay in your slipstream. But when I turned it down to 0, I was haulin' passed them with ease, and they couldn't stay in the draft It is risky to use 0, but if you can manage it, go for it.

i also turned the wing angle downa and it hasnt really had any noticable affect
With double car drafts (you getting a draft from a car thats getting a draft) you can get pretty meaty top end speeds. But you have to be uber careful in your driving. Monster skills are needed to maintain a three car drafting technique. I run the oval (when I play it, which ain't often) it's with no wing, nose high obviously. I can get mid 1.35's with a draft partner. Again it's all about technique and setup. you gotta learn your lines and find a setup that suits you. Learn to adapt your setup as well, try making one from scratch to get to know the basics, then when you have taken a WR set or an aliens fast set you can adapt it to your own driving style and/or take things from it that you had never thought of.

I have noticed that sometimes the sets are counter intuitive to get the really fast times out of. I assume this is just a few physics glitches like the nose high bug for instance. From personal experiance and learning about setups I can only get my setups to a reasonable time using a logical methodology, by looking at the WR sets I can glean some unthought of attribute to the set up that might be track specific or a certain idiosycracie of a car.

But I have come to the opion that I am never gunna get a WR or even close. I do not have the control method or teh time to put in that kind of practice, what I have done is got myself reasonable competative so that I can have some good races with the fast guys. I am not easy to pass and can still bring in a few PB's when I'm really conentrating . .
interesting your discussion here.....lol
im part of the fm team and drivin very much on the oval (ingame name Orgi69)
i did a new pb yesterday with failure it was a 34.69 fails pb is i think 34.50 and the world record by the eagles is 34.37
my best speed was i dont know....yesterday i did a 210mp/h

fail bumpdrafted plaztikman around the track and i was sitting behind them waitin and on start finish i overtook them with 210 lol was ****in awesome but only a high 34 time...

aldi already did a 217Mp/h on the oval what is not realy a problem to reach...u just need good bumpers in the front or in your "ass"

btw.. even with only 2 man draft without bumping u can get into 34 if u are realy good..and with 3man draft (without bumping) its also possible and faster
but bumpdrafting pwnz

who said its impossible to get draft in corners with 186 coz then u fly of??
lol is all i can say...
ok guys watch this replay of the worldrecord draftlap
http://www.thenz.org/eagle/php ... 32fc7abb2c3fe5e811502be1a
Belain, can you turn right? :P
do u mean because the oval only goes to the left?
u have to steer to the right on the oval to get wide in corners e.g. or afer a pit stop lol
but yes we fm guys have our own Formula Cup where we race road tracks too e.g. with the fox....next race on sunday on as historic with fo8 and then the cups final race a i dont know...300lap oval i think
and then there is the eagle's f1 (mecanik) league...fragmaster fragtastic full force fun events..........yes we can turn right *sometimes*
#47 - Nobo
Yeah we can turn right, but only when we drive the Oval Reverse

Cheating?
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG