The online racing simulator
Crashday demo out
(36 posts, started )
Crashday demo out
ftp://ftp.download-center.com/ ... _CD-ROM/crashday_demo.zip

They say it's a Stunts remake. Downloading now, will see soon if it's any good Only thing that worries me is that they added guns in to it, I just hope they can be turned off.

If it says "File not found" try again after a while, the link works.
No file in that link,.

Nevermind, works now LOL 300mb OUCH

Dan,
Just gave it a try. Well, it's not exactly sim by any means so if you can't stand arcade games, this ain't your deal.

For the good side of it, it's fun. Bashing and crashing cars looks nice, might even look better than the Burnout games on xbox. Graphics are top notch. The controls were a bit sluggish (didn't try wheel yet). Seems like there will be mini-games in the full version (Flat-out anyone?) which might be fun for a while. There also seems to be a track-editor in the full version. Gotta try multiplayer later today, might be fun bashing friends to pieces

There's only two gamemodes in the demo. In the first one you try to destroy 10 enemy cars as fast as you can (guns enabled), and the second one is all about making stunts and gaining 250.000 points the quickest (guns disabled).

Oh yeah, the demo is limited to 50 launches. :/

Edit: screens http://nismo.1g.fi/temp/crashday/
WOOO! finally, i've been waiting for this game to release a demo for a few years now.. looks like so much fun muhahahahha

(btw getting ~310 kb/s)
#5 - Zero7
Sounds a bit like the old Car Wars role playing game, remember those - you had an arena laid out on paper with paper cars, hit points, weapons etc! Really enjoyed that.

Think I'll give this one a go later this evening.
Well, my old favorite was Super Cars - and Super Cars II, on the Amiga. Wow, it's all about memories today, someone else reminded me of Hard Drivin' and I remembered 4D Sports Driving.

Super Cars apart from the weapons also had very interesting tracks.

ANW, I tried this Crash Day thingie. The fighting with guns part didn't impress me and I found it a bit boring, it is just like Quake Arena with cars, with the exception that Quake Arena is a good game. Super Cars on the Amiga was more exciting I think. The online game would not connect to master server. The stunts thing (sans weapons) was a bit interesting for 1 minute and then it got a bit boring. The graphics are awesome and the tracks and layouts are very, very impressive. The rest of the mini-games, of which there are videos, are also boring.

Conclusion: ARCADE GAMES CONTINUE TO SUCK.
This demo sucks. Its not fun at all, or well, gets boring after a couple of minutes. Also, it didnt even recognize my pedals or wheel, so i had to use KB.
Quote from avellis :
Conclusion: ARCADE GAMES CONTINUE TO SUCK.

Amen to that.

This game (although a demo) got boring so fast. Games these days are all graphics, none of the gameplay. What we need for pure fun is Carmageddon 3, with LFS physics and Crashday graphics

I do hope LFS will look like Crashday eventually, I do think it's one of the best looking car games I've seen on PC platform so far..
Vendetta - I don't think the demo supports a wheel at all!!! Dunno about the final version though. (But who cares anyway? :P)
getting 12.398.592 bytes and thats it...

says error in packed file "crashday_demo.zip"...
The irony is that it only allows 50 game launches. If I were to launch this demo 50 times, then I would probably shoot myself.

And not in the foot.
bugsday!
BUGSday!
CRASHday!
uninstall!
0/10!
below CRC

pile of steaming shit!
Quote from KiDCoDEa :pile of steaming shit!

Now, stop exaggerating.

It's not steaming.

Quote from KiDCoDEa :bugsday!
BUGSday!
CRASHday!
uninstall!
0/10!
below CRC

pile of steaming shit!

Yeah, and probably was more fun before ATARI latched onto it :doh:
Well I'm not gonna try it seeming as I can't stand arcade games anymore. Unless of course I'm at the movie theater and they have those cruis'n usa racing games where your kinda in a car
Otherwise it sounds like Interstate 76' now that was bomb! Its pretty old now but I played it all the time when I was younger
gj on the UA something anti piracy installation - can't get the program removed, but can disable it thru task manager. Another starforce kinda shite for my pc, gj atari.
yeah sure the physics suck (turnung the car with the steering wheel while its in the air sure is weird) ... but why dont you just calm down and wait for the final ... stunts was all about creating dificult tracks and beating each others pbs on those ... the demo has nothing of that ... well have to wait if the final can live up to the stunts legacy
Quote from Infiniti :Well I'm not gonna try it seeming as I can't stand arcade games anymore. Unless of course I'm at the movie theater and they have those cruis'n usa racing games where your kinda in a car
Otherwise it sounds like Interstate 76' now that was bomb! Its pretty old now but I played it all the time when I was younger

I remember that title too! I always used to play I'76 with my friend (I think we were like 10-12 years old). I always did the driving and he used numpad to target and shoot other cars Those funky 70's style cinematics looked damn nice too back then.

Oh the good ol' days.

Sadly, Crashday isn't anything like I'76 tho. I'76 had actually damage that affected the car in handling & performance, Crashday does not
GEESE i just played it.. its fing hard, the AI's are almost unbeatable.. man..

i think its kinda fun though havent tried it with wheel just yet so thats probably why its so hard..
I've been waiting for this as I'm a Stunts fan. I will try this tomorrow, altough comments I've read aren't very positive.

And what comes to the guns... those have been in this game since the first graphics demo ~6 years ago.
it's not that bad, although it's not as much fun as i expected.

i think i will install Flatout again
My friend tried it and he thought some of the crashes were cool.... but basically this game is like Twisted Metal and Carmageddon combined.....
Downloading...

Quote from Matrixi :
I do hope LFS will look like Crashday eventually, I do think it's one of the best looking car games I've seen on PC platform so far..

I don't, it looks stunning but I found it very hard to work out what was going on in a couple of those over shadded screens with way too much special effects for a sim. I continue my arguement that having user friendly readable graphics with relatively simple shading in as high a resolution as possible and AA giving a good stable FPS is far more important than all this GT4 style lighting
I'd like to play this, but I have a weird problem. The game opens in windowed mode only and doesn't make it to the main screen. I get as far as the keyboard layout, and the game music keeps playing, but no game. Odd.
IMHO crashday is a fun game, wrecking your car and all this. sadly we aren't allowed to use the track editor.
To the guys who complain the lack of realism etc.: it's not meant to be a simulation. it never was. do you really think you could have that insane stunts and still be able to drive? stunts wasn't realistic at all, i still love it. just my 2cents

Crashday demo out
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG