The online racing simulator
Crashday demo out
(36 posts, started )
Bloody awful demo... yay, I get a nice muscle car, but with ESP and traction control.. not fun to drive at all. I'll keep playing Trackmania Sunrise, at least it manages to be fun.
Actually really impressed with it. Unlike Flatout (which I never liked) it makes no attempt to be remotely realistic. I thought it was great fun (though I couldn't get the MP to work). Not got much lifespan really but I can see myself being tempted to buy it.

As for the graphics they are stunning, running fine on the automatically detected settings (1280x960 + Max detail) at probably a bit bellow the FPS I need to race with stabaly. Despite that I still wish LFS never looks like this, these kind of overly done visuals are best left in arcade games such as GT4/Crashday. Just shows how much CPU time the physics take in sims.
Just in case anyone is trying to get this working with a wheel, I found I couldn't assign my pedal axes - the steering axis was ok however. The solution was to make the pedal axes combined.

No force-feedback though, that's another issue.
Great game. I guess the devs didn't care to test this with 9x00 Radeons because I (and other people too) get 5 fps when starting the game. It might be some kind of driver issue too...
Eh didnt like it. I got really angry when I played it.
Why not just play Trackmania instead? Much better fun, IMHO.
I didn't think the game was that great.
Graphics could have been better, but they weren't aweful.

I much more fond of sims
I made my whole LAN play it the first day it showed on Gamer's hell
It is like Burnout on PC - nice game to relax, nothing more.
I kind of waited this game since it's fun to do some wrecking now and then but is this a joke?
Yea yea it's an arcade game and they wanted it to be like stunts but did they have to make the handling JUST like in stunts? Actually stunts felt better than this..
If it's about wrecking and big airs it should have atleast some sort of feeling but now it has nothing. This is just like Twisted Metal games.
Really isn't even fun to play imo.
Waiting for the Flat Out 2....

Only good thing in this game is graphics, looks very good (although effects are bit overdone but that suits for this kind of game) and still runs very smoothly.
Quote from Sniiki :Waiting for the Flat Out 2....

I ain't really thrilled with FlatOut 2. The original games was such a disappoitment and the devs have seemed to continue the ridiculous ragdoll mini games crap and even added some bling bling to it...
Yeah, don't have any high hopes for it but FO1 is surely better than crashday so FO2 will prolly be too.

Crashday demo out
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG