The online racing simulator
My favorite car is the BF1, I hardly drive it, but the look of it is nice, and reminds me of a real F1 car
FO8, looks great drives great, not that much technical bs like the BF1. BF1 cuts the fun on the oval for me because everyone can manage to drive fast with the BF1.
Quote from Crazy Harry :FO8, looks great drives great, not that much technical bs like the BF1. BF1 cuts the fun on the oval for me because everyone can manage to drive fast with the BF1.

Hmm.. Driving the BF1 on the edge is a different thing then just driving it.. If it's so easy, why do I see so many people crashing it? Even on straights. TBH, I find it one of the hardest cars to drive on the edge. A small error has huge consequences, which makes it so hard.

I like the FO8 most, and I learned to appreciate the FZR with his behaviour too. And the BF1 is also great to drive, such a rush!
Quote from Darkone55 :Hmm.. Driving the BF1 on the edge is a different thing then just driving it.. If it's so easy, why do I see so many people crashing it? Even on straights. TBH, I find it one of the hardest cars to drive on the edge. A small error has huge consequences, which makes it so hard.

I like the FO8 most, and I learned to appreciate the FZR with his behaviour too. And the BF1 is also great to drive, such a rush!

Agree with you on the BF1 part, to drive the car is easy, but if you drive it on and over the limits it`s very hard, and usually it ends bad.
XRT: Amazing fun keeping it tidy.
XRR: Basic car (FR layout), the same goes for the XRT.
LX6:

FO8: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
for me it's LX6/RAC/XRT for a bit of fun with clutch and gearshifter etc., but the FOX I drive as a real racing car with 100% dedication. and it feels so damn good and predictable all the time. It's just that i understand the FOX so very well, i can adjust settings to suit every track, it's just not very hard to drive this car on it's limits, but that's what makes it also very enjoyable.

It basically feels like i own that car so it won't take that much time to get used to new tracks, almost instantly drive 1sec from WR times. There are often lot's of drivers to drive with and I like the challenge of playing with so many beginners and moderate drivers around who make it sometimes impossible to finish a race without a scratch. It often seems very frustrating, yet enjoyable to go around a bunch of people crashing everywhere and being blocked at every turn but still managing to make it around them at high speeds doing insane laptimes. Those things make me feel very good and I can't stand to lose, I hate myself for it. That's basically the reason to play it safe and go with the FOX, i injured myself quite a lot playing FPS games like quake1/2 so I told myself to quit, or just let the frustration go... I tried but the mouse's i bought still died occationally from smashing into a wall. That's when i thought, i'm sick, stop playing this game. It needs to be played for fun, not to make me so angry all the time. But then again, i tend to take competition very seriously, being a PC game or not, does not matter, to me it's very serious business and you could say life is at stake. call it Life for Speed :P

But in the end, i kinda like every car and they all should stay in the game, the feeling of them all are very well done i think. I think i dislike the BF1 the most for its hidious sound and technological advancements. It also doesn't look nice, F1 cars don't look nice nowadays anyway with all the little wings in search for that tiny extra bit of downforce. years ago they sat lower on the track, had front wings almost touching the ground, wider wheels without grooves etc. Much more like the FO8 with a V10/12 in it. The FO8 to me would be the fastest car to drive in LFS, and it feels very good too. They look a bit like Champcars, which i also tend to like more then F1 nowadays. This is also the case with Formula Renault / Formula 2k (FOX) type cars and races I watch on TV, those are so much more FUN! Mainly becouse the cars are more equal to each other making it a real drivers competition intead of competition on technological basis where lot's of money is involved and where smaller teams have no chances of winning.

The GTR type cars are just nice but I can't seem to like them as much as open seaters. I could drive them if i wanted to, but it won't make my heart beat any faster. it's the type of car i have something against, don't know what exactly. it's just some carbon body with the looks of a streetcar, hugely overpowered, insane tyres and all in all far too heavy. They feel like boats not really ment to be used on water. Lot's will hugely disagree with me, but i can't change my feelings about it

nuf talk
FXR: 4WD, fast, sexy, fun
FXO Because its a good nippy machine which can give a good fight against a RAC/FZ5. Also its not too slippy like FZ5, LX4 and the LX6.
One of my favorite car is XRG. It's not a powerfull car but you don't need a ultra powered car to get fun, the feeling is exellent. There is not much grip and you must always be focused on the rear wheels, trying to avoid sliding in order to get a good laptime. It's pretty tricky and need a LOT of training wich is not the case of XFG i.e.. For these kind of car you must vary the among of acceleration, it's not full throtle or brake so I understand why it's a not so popular car.

I also like to drift (don't flamme me !!) but drifting with an XRT or an FZ5 is (quiet) easy, no need to know the diffrent drift's technics, just flat the accelerator to lift the rear of the car and that's it. There is a bunch of "good" drifters who think they're good but don't know, or use, any of the hardest drift technics. There is a lake of respect about the XRG imo. It's well known that underpowered car are much much harder to drift. I also think that before naming yourself a drift king you should put you ass in an XRG at least one time ...

XRT is also pretty challenging due to his massive turbo lag. You realy need time to learn the handeling of the car (for racing off course, not drifting). There is a great potential in this car: faster than the others but harder to keep on track. It's for hardcore drivers

You'll understood, I prefere rear wheel drive. FWD are much easier to drive, it's why there is much FWD driver's than RWD. But I also like XFG/FXO because FWD are much more common cars in my country and like most of LFS's player I began my LFS experience by driving FWD.

So I drive XFG/XRG/XRT/FXO, and a little the FOX.

I don't like the GTR because there is too much grip imo and I never drove such cars in real life so I can't figure how accurate the physic render is. But i'm shure that there is also a good potential of fun in these cars. I'd rather learning to drive correctly the tbo's before getting in a GTR. So maybe i'll change my mind in 6 month or more (yes I take all the time needed to build up a solid experience).

I totaly agree with BruTaLysT, there is only one 'car' wich I HATE: the BF1 (it's not a car ...). There is 1 billion wings on it, the speed is ridiculous as the handeling is. If you are smart enough to drive it smoothly you have a few chance to go on the grass for a spin. Way too much grip, where is the fun? The main reason why I don't like this car is maybe because I never found a server with good BF1 drivers. Each race ended in a major crash, in most of them I was the victime of a noob who though he was the reincarnation of Senna

I drove a few time the RB4, it's a good car but I'm too noobish with it to realy argue of what I like / dislike on this car.

So in conclusion: XRG ftw

Edit: I forgot to say: I'm an huge fan of LX4 but don't have much occasions to drive it against good drivers. Each time I drove it, it was against LX6. I don't know why but people take always the fastest car aviable. It's maybe to fill there lake of skill ... The proof is that I already beated LX6 drivers with my "little" LX4.
its has to be the BF1 cos its the most challenging to drive and i love it cos i can drive it well
LX4. not too much power yet not to hard to drive.
FZ5. listen to the 360HP flat 6! that car has power written all over it. shame the brakes aren't as good. it also makes a fantastic patrol car.
XRT. It can be raced, drifted, and it just stays together no matter what you through at it.
XRR. raw power, turbocharger, slicks, fast enough to keep up with FZR.
F08. V8 sound, power, speed.
XFG. looks fantastic, sounds great. been with us sence S1. a true classic.
FXO. power to wieght ratio. speed, and handeling.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :shame the brakes aren't as good. it also makes a fantastic patrol car.

You can change the braking torque and distrobution in the setup. And there is no brake fade implemented AFAIK.
xrg for balance
fzr for looks
lx6 for rawr
I like the RB4. Handles like a dream.
#65 - red7
I guess the xfg since it sort of represents your typical FF golf or civic, something you might drive in real life.
FXO and RB4
I like the FXO and RB4

The FXO handles slowly and neatly.

RB4 has grip and the only AWD in the game
Quote from Velocity- :I like the FXO and RB4

The FXO handles slowly and neatly.

RB4 has grip and the only AWD in the game

you seem to be forgetting about the FXR.
Tough call, I couldn't really pick just one.

XRG and RB4. The XRG is just great to drive. Not too quick, not too powerful, well balanced.
I always loved the RB4, even before it was competitive. Has a bit of weight, but the turbo gives it some guts.
Quote from ecpreston :I'm with the XRG lovers. It's easy to drive, and leads to the best close racing online because people can actually control it. And at the slower speeds, a little fender rubbing doesn't take anyone out.

XRT is 2nd place for me just since it's better suited to the larger tracks.

I agree whit this Dude

XRG: Just feel that way
________
Hawaii Medical Marijuana Dispensary
LX6 and LX4 mostly, then FOX is fun aswell and XRT.

so many of you who like LX6 but the servers are always empty, well only drift servers but i stay away from those as im not drifter. shame on you guys for not driving it and only liking it!
Quote from RyD3R :Xrt, fxo and rb4 are the best lol.

Did you judge them by their looks?
FBM (I think thats what u call the formula 1 that was added) Its the best one on demo.. XRG and XFG sucks.. and Idk about s2.. I've never played s2.
FXR Because Its fast, easy to drive (4WD ), and I can make it look like an Audi, a Merc or a BMW
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
XRG=Slower cars always give best battles, and i really enjoy driving it.
LX4=One damned fun car to toss around.
XFG because god damn its fun!FXO because of how well balance it is,XRT because its a very fun car to drive and drift. and the FZ5 because of its high power.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG