The online racing simulator
Insim Vote Cancel
FireFox and I are making a program to go with our demo server, and we've come across a problem. we're wanting to not allow the restarting of the race until either the original starters finish their race, or spectate or pit or whatever. we were wanting to use the TINY_VTC packet that's taken care of by the LFSLib. this works correctly in our S2 server, but does not do anything in our demo server.

is vote cancelling allowed in demo servers?
I dont know about demo etc etc, but i do know that ive had problems with the VTC before....
#3 - [d9]
there are ZION servers with own admin system (ZION Team Manager) with hierarchy of user groups. "subadmins" using !cancel command to stop restarting, working in demo.
Quote from [d9] :there are ZION servers with own admin system (ZION Team Manager) with hierarchy of user groups. "subadmins" using !cancel command to stop restarting, working in demo.

could you tell me who the ZION manager is, so i may ask them how they have done that?
#5 - [d9]
team homepage is http://zion.tylko.na.pl, developer of all their apps is pit3k - lfs[a]pitek.eu.org (good guy i think, once he replied to my mail )
thanks.

it would also be nice if scawen could confirm if that insim packet works with demo servers, just so we can eliminate possibilities in our program.
#7 - CyBex
i had problems with VTC too, it only cancel is the vote was complete, new session start then the session was abortet..

i resolve was to spectate the user if he isn't allow to vote. his vote lost when he jump to pits or spectate..
#8 - pit3k
On ZION, I'm just sending the VTC InSim packet.
It works both on demo and s2, and only for votes for restart, qualify and end race (not for kick/ban votes).
Also, you have to send this packet during the 3-second period, after voting is completed, but before race/qualify is actually restarted (that is during the time, the rcm messages with count-down is displayed).

BTW, it would be nice to be able to cancel kick/ban votes too, anyone had any success?

burnsy1882: your email account refuses my mail
Quote from pit3k :On ZION, I'm just sending the VTC InSim packet.
It works both on demo and s2, and only for votes for restart, qualify and end race (not for kick/ban votes).
Also, you have to send this packet during the 3-second period, after voting is completed, but before race/qualify is actually restarted (that is during the time, the rcm messages with count-down is displayed).

BTW, it would be nice to be able to cancel kick/ban votes too, anyone had any success?

burnsy1882: your email account refuses my mail

hmm, didn't realize that it only works to cancel the restarting if the vote goes through. we'll have to turn it back on in our program, and do some testing.

also, didn't know that my email was refusing you. very sorry.
ok, it works for us too. guess we didn't realize that the vote cancelling only happens if the vote is going to go through.

i suppose that this thread could be closed if a moderator would like to.
Quote from pit3k :BTW, it would be nice to be able to cancel kick/ban votes too, anyone had any success?

Wouldn't you be able to send a command to LFS saying not to allow player voting? Or would this include restarting races? Also its probably more limiting then you want it since it would be nice to allow only certain people to vote to kick and not others. Anyways I was just letting you know in case you haven't seen that command. Whereas I am at work and don't know it off the top of my head I can't tell you the exact command sorry.
Yes, you can disable kick/ban voting all-together in server configuration file (or /vote no command).

But what I want is to allow voting for kick and disable for ban. And it is not directly possible.
I would either need command to cancel kick/ban voting (not available) or working /unban command, so I could change a ban vote to a kick vote (not available in demo).
What about if you coded a !kick command? When the player types !kick USERNAME, then it goes into a vote system

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG