The online racing simulator
GTR2 hype begins
(23 posts, started )
GTR 2 hype begins
Some italian game magazine has made a preview:
http://gamesradar.msn.it/popup ... nid=358&imageid=75347
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... 2830305&postcount=148 (scans)

Short summaries about that italian magazine preview:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... 2827370&postcount=114
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... =2825974&postcount=82

Some more hype speculation: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=237876

I'm kinda disappointed. SimBim seem to have apapted business tactic from EA - new game every year. GTR2 will be based on same engine that GTL2 so I bet it's not going to be a huge step ahead.

ps. I browsed quickly that thread trough but is this developed by SimBim or BlimeyGames (dev team that SimBim formed last fall)?
Quote from Hyperactive :Interesting cars, but uninteresting game. Some cars look very interesting.

Mm? That Super GT series is old JGTC. As far as I know GTR is still about FIA GT.
Quote from deggis :
I'm kinda disappointed. SimBim seem to have apapted business tactic from EA - new game every year. GTR2 will be based on same engine that GTL2 so I bet it's not going to be a huge step ahead.

ps. I browsed quickly that thread trough but is this developed by SimBim or BlimeyGames (dev team that SimBim formed last fall)?

yearly? u wish. its about 2 or 3 per year. milk that isi engine cow...

its developed by blimey games under an old simbin contract. simbin owns the game and will stamp it. blimey just wanna finish it asap so they can concentrate on what made them split in the first place. this is old biz, handled under new context. same with gtl. both rushed products done under little motivation except the motivation of having them done and out of blimey way. this was written by a blimey member, somewhere, no personal opinion stated here.
Not really sure but somewhere in the forums someone mentiened Nissan 350Z and other car classes. And some of those are more interesting in LFS point of view
I didnt like the physics engine in F1, I dont like it in GTR, odds are against me liking it in this, even if it does feature more cars that I like.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :its developed by blimey games under an old simbin contract. simbin owns the game and will stamp it. blimey just wanna finish it asap so they can concentrate on what made them split in the first place. this is old biz, handled under new context. same with gtl. both rushed products done under little motivation except the motivation of having them done and out of blimey way. this was written by a blimey member, somewhere, no personal opinion stated here.

Interesting. You gotta give me an URL for that thread. Of course you can't remember it anymore...

And it feels like after this Blimey will move to console markets.
GTR2 .. same engine as the old one eh? Going to pass it then.

No but seriously, IMO the GTR engine has such a horrible FF in it that it makes me want to cry. I know they are all brutal unforgiving race cars but they should at least go bloody straight without you having to fight with the steering all the time. It feels like theres this tense "zone" in the middle of the steering where you have to "sail" with the steering wheel all the time in the straights. In the turns it's completely fine though.
Quote from deggis :

at least EA uses the current season and not when it's 2 years old...
Quote from deggis :You gotta give me an URL for that thread. Of course you can't remember it anymore...

its in a public place. "of course" u missed it.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :its in a public place. "of course" u missed it.

Rscnet forum? How old thread? Any guesses about the blimey member's nick?
I've heard from my sources that the pics are no match for seeing it in action, it looks a million times better. And yes, i saw a pic with a nissan 350z somewhere, looked gorgeous.

If the improvements made in GTL follow through to GTR2, plus rain, im all for it . I also heard the netcode is even better this time around.... sounds promising, we'll see how it shapes up .
Really looking forward to this one. Cant wait to see how they pull off the much needed rain/wet surface. Those wet shots are amazing. The FF in GTR feels pretty good. Simbin does wonders with the ISI engine. Look at rFactor, it's canned cars, lighting and tracks are crap. GTL looks way better. If you look close enough, there really isn't a sun in the rFactor sky. Seems weird. How can you have day to night transitions with a sun moving across the sky? It's a mysterious light.

Physics wise, I cant ever seem to recover from a slide with as easily as I can in LFS. LFS feels a lot more natural. Maybe they've tweaked their physics some more. We'll see. I'm getting it anyway.
Nothing special about the rainy pics in my opinion, I can't even see any realistic spray there. For me the rain in Grand Prix 4 (2002) looked much better with wet/dry patches on the road and not just some super-reflective ice.

Edit: And a pic of GP3's (2000) rain which in my opinion looks better as well.
Attached images
gp4.jpg
gp3.JPG
Quote from GP4Flo :Nothing special about the rainy pics in my opinion, I can't even see any realistic spray there. For me the rain in Grand Prix 4 (2002) looked much better with wet/dry patches on the road and not just some super-reflective ice.

Agree, the road surface looks to smooth or something, you never get such perfect reflections on a real track.
Yeah, it looks like a mirror or something... illepall On a wet track, you just might recognize a slight colour reflection and somewhat of a shape, but you sure as hell won't be able to read the decals by looking at the reflection in the tarmac... illepall
Quote from inCogNito :at least EA uses the current season and not when it's 2 years old...

...at least the Papy sims have a physics model...

Really I can't see that as a relevant arguement, for me GPL is nearly 40 years old, GTP is about 15 so a 3 year old N2003 seems fine to me. There's no way you are going to be able to accurately model cars which haven't seen the track yet, it's all very well using theoretical values and car behaviour but there are so many cars which seem so promising until they hit the track you just can't tell what they'll be like.
Maybe that comment by inCogNito was just a joke? But as you started... Of course it's not the most important thing what season a sim game tries to simulate but instead of 2-3 years old season I would take the newest one. Well, just because it's the newest. Usually the cars aren't technically that different so it's just nicer to drive the most recent car liveries. For example season 2003 could be called "undated", it's a recent season but still too old to be the most recent. If you know what I mean. Classic eras/seasons like in GPL are totally different thing though. For example there's coming a 2002 season mod for Richard Burns Rally. I'm not really that interested in it like I am in the 2005/2006 cars that are under developing or the Group B mod.

Well, this went kinda offtopic...
#21 - ekze
That's the same "trailer" movie as in my previous reply. Of course with much better quality.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
official feature list: http://bhmotorsports.com/GTR2

* Great variety: More than 140 touring cars reproduced down to the last detail including all vehicles of the GT and NGT classes and the 24H races from two FIA GT seasons

* Original circuits: More than 19 officially licensed tracks

19 tracks? Obviously this includes seasons 2003 and 2004 but those seasons' tracks combined makes only 15 tracks... little chance that we might see teh Ring? :hyper:

GTR2 hype begins
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG