The online racing simulator
If LRFs turned up I might turn up myself. As things stand, I don't really have any use for my gay World of Warcraft level because it only entitles me to drive poofed-up versions of the GTR cars with no power.
That's it then, Kev would drive on our Gay RPG servers if there were LRF's.

Sam, we need something changed! Smile
Quote from dawesdust_12 :BuRak, at the rates that there are legitimate wreckers being reported, they are few and far between actually. More common is just people who can't comprehend basic overlap rules or complete lack of common sense and respect.

I do think though that some LRF's in Race 2 would have me in there, rather than Race 1 though, due to a certain Bulgarian living in South Africa, who knows how to set up a car beautifully.

yep you are right Dustin. If there were LRF's in Race 2, people in race 1 would have even more things to get motivated so they would improve themselves much betterSmile
i followed the discussion here and have to say: it's very funny. at first i need to say: i'm not one of these really fast racers, but getting the bronze didn't take so long, like some others described here. you are right, in first times it seemed to be unmotivating to have higher licences on Race1, but there is one big fault someones did here: if the higher licenced drivers are not there, why you think you get the same amount of points like them? the points correspond to the fastest lap time in race and if you are about 108% related to the track record on the server you get NO POINT. so you need to go nearly a Silver or Gold licence driver speed to get points.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Run four or five different classes at once, that way everybody can score points whether they've earned them or not.

that's a very bad idea for the entry servers, the meyham will increase if there are mixed races, i think.

so i really don't understand the problem. is the ctra not giving enough points ? is it bad to drive against licenced drivers ? i think both need to be answered with NO. i don't know, why you think things go easylier when having bronze ? the guys you have to fight on the higher servers are the same you can't beat on Race1, so the only solution is to improve yourself and the ctra-system will reward this with points. if you have the pace and can race clean and fair, i think it's not sooo hard to get the first licence on the entry servers.

(only my 2ct)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's it then, Kev would drive on our Gay RPG servers if there were LRF's.

Sam, we need something changed! Smile

I drive on your gay RPG servers anyway if I launch LFS and by some miracle they're not all running at either SO1 or FE2. I have no idea how many gold pieces I've got though, or what level I am. I'm one of the shinier colours but I don't know which one.
Quote from NoPistons :yeah, right, I did the lift under yellow for a big crash, and 3 people went blowing by me like I was not there, which under any sanctioned race condition would get you a big fat black flag. it would be nice to know that under yellow, people will use more caution.

You did two things wrong.

1. You should have started from the last position so there is nobody to pass you.
2. You lifted too much.

But yes passing under yellow should be penalised. Would a report to be called for?
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
wow, thanks for the nice reply guys but i can only really speak for server 1 being copper lol.

i would think it sad if you drove out the higher licenced players nor would i want it as CTRA offers the best racing there is Nod tho i did like the points to the next deserving driver lol.

seriously, once an hour let copper / bronze race alone, it would give those of you with silver and above a chance to spectate us, maybe even a bit of help and advice or just a long deserved loo break. if a normal race is too long, then just give use a 3 lap special, i'm sure 3 laps an hour wouldn't drive everyone away lol heck i should think it could even be quite funny...

Quack!!
#33 - SamH
I'm afraid it's not going to happen! I think you have to consider that, as has been pointed out many times before, licences on the CTRA are earned. There is no rite of passage.

If a Silver-licenced racer is beating you on Race 1, then that is because you don't have something that they do have. Whether that's experience, race-craft, or even perhaps a damn good set-up, one thing that is definitely not helping them is their licence status.

I DO remember having my Gold-licenced ass handed back to me, by a Bronze driver, a great many times. That driver now holds the top seat on the CTRA. In fact, almost all of the drivers who are now Titanium were at one time SERIOUSLY behind me on points.

They've royally pwnd me (and many others) since, because they're exceptionally good drivers, they're clean as a whistle, and not least they're grimly determined.. the three criteria required to achieve on the CTRA. Smile

If you're Copper or Bronze, and you want to be Titanium, take the opportunity to watch the higher licenced drivers and see how they do it. AFAIK, they will *all* give you their setups if asked nicely, and some of them will coach you a bit too. Don't be afraid (or too proud) to ask. Watch, listen and learn. Tilt
Quote from SamH :I'm afraid it's not going to happen! I think you have to consider that, as has been pointed out many times before, licences on the CTRA are earned. There is no rite of passage.

If a Silver-licenced racer is beating you on Race 1, then that is because you don't have something that they do have. Whether that's experience, race-craft, or even perhaps a damn good set-up, one thing that is definitely not helping them is their licence status.

I DO remember having my Gold-licenced ass handed back to me, by a Bronze driver, a great many times. That driver now holds the top seat on the CTRA. In fact, almost all of the drivers who are now Titanium were at one time SERIOUSLY behind me on points.

They've royally pwnd me (and many others) since, because they're exceptionally good drivers, they're clean as a whistle, and not least they're grimly determined.. the three criteria required to achieve on the CTRA. Smile

If you're Copper or Bronze, and you want to be Titanium, take the opportunity to watch the higher licenced drivers and see how they do it. AFAIK, they will *all* give you their setups if asked nicely, and some of them will coach you a bit too. Don't be afraid (or too proud) to ask. Watch, listen and learn. Tilt

+1 Cheers, well said.Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG