The online racing simulator
once an hour, just let the coppers/bronze race :-)
would this be possible, ok yes i am no where near as good as you guys, but under the old system, i was able to chip away and earn the odd point here and there but since the x system i haven't been able to earn a single point lol.

not that i'm dissing the system, i love what u guys have done here but it just seems to be a bit unfair that the race server 1 is always populated with silver/gold licence holders and i'm sure all newcomers, not just me find this intimidating

i think it would be nice if lets say, just one race per hour or so was restricted to copper/bronze licence only. as a trade off maybe silver/gold could also have there own race (cos there always seem to be enough of them, lmao)

anyhow, its just a suggestion, plz dont flame me lol

Quack!!
+1, although I usually score a few points per race if some idiot doesnt smash me off the track

Amazingly, I actually won one race on CTRA.
I actually saw you (Quack) earlier, You were actually very respective of people who you felt were "faster", Kudos to you on that. Yes, us higher licenced people should probably use the higher licenced servers, It'll just take time for the cleverness to filter
I can't help I only race XFG... I just really like that car for some reason. After a while I'll probably change... But not yet Should race some time soon again.
If you avoid all the 1st corner crashes and madness you can usually make up about 5 places (depending on your position)

I once started 17th and managed to make it to 8th by the end of the 1st lap because loads of people crashed
Quote from JO53PHS :If you avoid all the 1st corner crashes and madness you can usually make up about 5 places (depending on your position)

I once started 17th and managed to make it to 8th by the end of the 1st lap because loads of people crashed

Usually, if you're good and don't crash during the race, you're in the top 5. It's funny really, even if crash and do good the rest of the race, you can still end up 10th and better.
That's the lame part about sim racing, it's not as real because everyone keeps crashing. Most races are exciting when you're in top 3 positions. Because those people do keep up.
Perhaps Gold/Silver etc holders could be limited, say, to 5 races per day on the lower servers, to avoid too many just sitting there winning races, rather than racing against people of their licence level... That would give the newbies a bit more of a chance to build up points (and skills, as leading/winning requires different skills/mindsets to running near the back), and provide more fun for everyone.

Obviously, those that have to win over everything (including fun) won't like my idea.
Quote from JO53PHS :If you avoid all the 1st corner crashes and madness you can usually make up about 5 places (depending on your position)

This works really well especially on the South City tracks.
Just remember to lift a bit when you see a yellow flag.
Tristan, a better idea maybe, let the higher licences have their 5 races per day, but after the 5th, they get excluded from points (or become a new class?) and it goes to the next driver that should get points instead.
I like winning, but that's not the reason I'm in those servers, so I'm all for the idea... But then I wonder where I have to race the XFG
Or you should start with more servers, XFG/XRG for higher licensed drivers or something.
Race 2 having XFG/XRG along with TBO's?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Race 2 having XFG/XRG along with TBO's?

Would be cool, this brings us back to the suggestion of having the possibility to race 2 different classes and have seperate score board. We really need this, especially for well organised endurance events and such.

That seems completely possible since Race 3 switches between TBO and GTR automatically. And when it is set for GTR it is then even split again with the GT2 class running with the GTR's.
Quote from NetDemon01 :That seems completely possible since Race 3 switches between TBO and GTR automatically. And when it is set for GTR it is then even split again with the GT2 class running with the GTR's.

Now there are two seperate servers

Race 2 and Race 3.

Race 2 are TBOs
Race 3 are Big GTRs and restricted GTRs (GT2 class)

well IMO LRF's would be much better for an added class to Race 2. Like in the old days:rolleyes:
Quote from psychometalist :well IMO LRF's would be much better for an added class to Race 2. Like in the old days:rolleyes:

Here here.
Quote from psychometalist :well IMO LRF's would be much better for an added class to Race 2. Like in the old days:rolleyes:

/me has been waiting to slowly bring this into Sam's eyes, becuase I love the LX6 now, thanks to Axus.
Quote from tristancliffe :Perhaps Gold/Silver etc holders could be limited, say, to 5 races per day on the lower servers, to avoid too many just sitting there winning races, rather than racing against people of their licence level... That would give the newbies a bit more of a chance to build up points (and skills, as leading/winning requires different skills/mindsets to running near the back), and provide more fun for everyone.

Obviously, those that have to win over everything (including fun) won't like my idea.

I would like to see the higher ranked drivers, driving on those servers, instead of pwning all of us newer racers on the level 1 servers. it is good for one thing, letting me ride along to see their line, but when they finish over a minute or close to a lap ahead of second place, that is no fun for the rest of us.

Quote from March Hare :
Just remember to lift a bit when you see a yellow flag.

yeah, right, I did the lift under yellow for a big crash, and 3 people went blowing by me like I was not there, which under any sanctioned race condition would get you a big fat black flag. it would be nice to know that under yellow, people will use more caution.
Maybe points on the Level one servers could be given to all cars that finish a race ...
Quote from NoPistons :I would like to see the higher ranked drivers, driving on those servers, instead of pwning all of us newer racers on the level 1 servers. it is good for one thing, letting me ride along to see their line, but when they finish over a minute or close to a lap ahead of second place, that is no fun for the rest of us.

Quote from duke_toaster :Maybe points on the Level one servers could be given to all cars that finish a race ...

I think you're both missing the point. CTRA is there to make you improve. It's not just a points give away thing. If you say someone with a higher license blows your time away, this means there is something wrong in your driving, and as NoPistons said, you can see their lines to improve yourselves. Most of them are even kind to give setups if you ask them nicely. I know it's a bit harder to climb now than before, but points are not bad. I have a friend who got his silver in only 4 days.
Quote from psychometalist :I think you're both missing the point. CTRA is there to make you improve. It's not just a points give away thing. If you say someone with a higher license blows your time away, this means there is something wrong in your driving, and as NoPistons said, you can see their lines to improve yourselves. Most of them are even kind to give setups if you ask them nicely. I know it's a bit harder to climb now than before, but points are not bad. I have a friend who got his silver in only 4 days.

What you've said is true. However, when you're on Race 1, it is a bit annoying when there are 6 gold/silvers in front of you and you only get a couple of points, wheras if they'd not have been there you'd have got 20. However, as you said, you can learn from them, and if you keep trying, you'll get either just as good or better than them.
Run four or five different classes at once, that way everybody can score points whether they've earned them or not.
Kev, you're just mad because you can't score any "gay rpg points"
Quote from J@tko :What you've said is true. However, when you're on Race 1, it is a bit annoying when there are 6 gold/silvers in front of you and you only get a couple of points, wheras if they'd not have been there you'd have got 20. However, as you said, you can learn from them, and if you keep trying, you'll get either just as good or better than them.

You're right as well. I think higher license holders have to be a bit sensible. When I'm in race 1, I always give way if I'm 6th to 8th which is in the points zone.

But you should never forget that CTRA isn't just for points. It's for clean, fun racing. What these guys/girl try to say for ages is this. Don't think only about the points. I know there are some wreckers because it's an entry level server but one day there won't be any left. Incidents happen, but we can't just avoid them, just like in real life.

I've hardly ever used any other servers than CTRA since I've got my S2 license. And I'm glad to say I did the right thing.
BuRak, at the rates that there are legitimate wreckers being reported, they are few and far between actually. More common is just people who can't comprehend basic overlap rules or complete lack of common sense and respect.

I do think though that some LRF's in Race 2 would have me in there, rather than Race 1 though, due to a certain Bulgarian living in South Africa, who knows how to set up a car beautifully.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG