The online racing simulator
inSim errors.
(7 posts, started )
#1 - sun
inSim errors.
Hi

am not bothering about coding in here so here goes.

after when i finished doin somthing with the inSim in C# 2008 i pressed F6 and it said build succeded so that was good... But when i went into LFS_External_Client/Bin/Release and i clicked on the Exe when it had connected to my server i went on it but when i typed in !help Nothing happend... No commands showed up at all it did say it back to me just accepted it but it wouldnt give me the commands. Thanks please help

Owen. S2 Licenced.
And what is exacly the "insim error" your thread title suggests you are getting?
#3 - sun
Nothing... JUst that when i run the exe and it ays in the dedi host its connected i join the server and when i type !help nothing happens... the commands are right because i got Rob to check it and he said its right as well.
Yep, I gave Sun the commands that I used in my Insim program, and they work perfectly (albeit, very alpha stage, but they work nonetheless) for me...

Have you uncommented the MSO class in the default region? That's one of the first things I would suggest is wrong if you're not getting any error message. Take a look at the screenie. You will find near the top of the document, a grey rectangle with "Default Methods" written in it. Click this to bring up the methods region for the InSim application. Uncomment the line that contains your Packet, to enable its event. If it's the commands you need, that would be the MSO packets.

That may not be the problem, you may have the commands within an unrecheable block of code or something, but this is the first thing to check...
Attached images
uncommented_MSO.JPG
Quote from sun :Nothing... JUst that when i run the exe and it ays in the dedi host its connected i join the server and when i type !help nothing happens... the commands are right because i got Rob to check it and he said its right as well.

There is no way for us to know what's wrong with your program. If you post your code however we can have a look at it for you.
I compiled and ran it, and it worked...

Problem was the InSim port was changed to 32000, so it wouldn't connect to the server...
#7 - sun
ahh ok... Cheers m8 !

inSim errors.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG