The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
Okies.. bumped it up a little more.. fingers crossed...
:doh:
Please, at least try to keep it to 10-15 min?
#28 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Okies.. bumped it up a little more.. fingers crossed...

CTRA2:

FE4r Black; runs 8 laps ~ 24 minutes
#30 - SamH
Quote from VoiD :CTRA2:

FE4r Black; runs 8 laps ~ 24 minutes

Yowch! Hmm...
#31 - VoiD
Quote from The Very End :

Quote from SamH :Hmm.. I think we may be looking at a bug. There shouldn't be such big differences in race lengths on a single server. Each race should be roughly the same length. I'll go bug-hunting

The Very End, this is bug-hunting. 24, or >30 minutes as LordBlaster said, of racing is way to long for a typicall pick-up-race.

In spite of that I would prefer 1/2 an hour racing, but thats my personal opinion.
W00t?! How you know my name, I have copyright on it lol!
Time to work again Sam!
#33 - VoiD
Thats secret lol
why not start a poll to see what the drivers really want?

so far there´s only 1 person (tor ole) who wants to keep them
as short as they are.

it´d be interesting to see if i´m really so far away with my
30min wish.

i think on the higher servers, like race3 or ss2, with high-skilled
drivers around, most of them would like to see longer races,
even if this means they have to wait 20min to join.

midrace-join should be allowed as often as i want, not beeing
limited to one try. that way i can test some setups and join
the next race good prepared
+1

I like the longer races rather then the short ones. Also the mutiple getting outta pits sounds good to me. If you keep the restriction on race 1 or ss1 ist fine, so they learn driver ethics. But on the higher licensed servers people have enough skills to not interver with the race. If you reach the higher licensed servers you have proofed you have enough skills to get there and have enough driver ethics aswell.
Lol ffs stop using my real name xD
Tor Ole sounds lame compared to the nick
Or maybe I am lame... well who cares anyway..
#38 - SamH
The problem with polls is that you get a lot of input from people who are more interested in clicking on poll options than racing on CTRA servers. Apart from an apparent bug which is randomly setting over-long races, we're roughly at the race length that we at CTRA are aiming for. I don't mind refining it further, so you guys are also happy with it too, and I'm happy to listen to you guys as individuals.
#39 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :The problem with polls is that you get a lot of input from people who are more interested in clicking on poll options than racing on CTRA servers....

TBO I was in a mood to set up a poll. But after thinking it over it was this argument that kept me from that...

So the main goal is keeping ~10 minutes racing without the pressure to keep an eye of the tyres...? Just to make things clear, no affront made.
#40 - SamH
Entry level servers should be around 10 mins. TBO and GT2/GTR should be around 19-22 mins. At least, that's my feeling. And stop worrying about causing affront
#41 - VoiD
Well, that´s what I call a statement.

I´m more worried about my by poor written english... I´m allways afraid some native english-speaking member could missunderstood my posts.

About laps/racing: I have the same feeling as you Sam!

Offtopic: Your new avatar can´t compete against the old one...
Quote from SamH :Entry level servers should be around 10 mins. TBO and GT2/GTR should be around 19-22 mins. At least, that's my feeling. And stop worrying about causing affront

Yeah that should do it. It gives it a bit more tension to it
#43 - SamH
I've just been and adjusted the server configs to try and meet those race lengths. Hopefully one of these days we'll bag the right setting
i didnt drive the last 3 days, but i really the concept of raising the race length on higher servers. i think 10 mins for the entry servers is a great choice, but the SS2 for example it would be nice to have such 30 mins races this is a important part of racing to learn to be constant and that you can only learn by doing mid- or long-distance races imo

so every increase of race length on higher server is very welcome by me
My ideal length would be around 10 mins. I hate races that go on for twenty minutes plus. I would suggest having more points available for the longer races Ooh, and maybe if the race length varied?
#46 - SamH
Races are targeted around 11 mins for Race 1 and UF-BR. Higher servers are now aiming for around 15-17 mins. There is some variation in there, but it shouldn't be wildly different between tracks.
i hope there´s still a chance of longer races with a forced
pitstop?

Sam, have you really thought FPR pays you for nothing???
#48 - SamH
hehe! My next job is to fix the Endurance Day rotation. There is a deficiency in the programming language that means that in order to determine the day of the week, I had to write a web API to obtain it. I will have that sorted soon
#49 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Races are targeted around 11 mins for Race 1 and UF-BR. Higher servers are now aiming for around 15-17 mins.

Hmm, every race I joined the on CTRA2 where just ~10 minutes long. See my posts above. For example AS5r 3 laps, but that was before the major hickup earlier.

FE4 Black runs 3 laps now.

Quote from SamH :hehe! My next job is to fix the Endurance Day rotation...

That would be awesome!
#50 - VoiD
CTRA2:
AS4r still runs 4 laps ~ 12 minutes...

OT:
layout still missing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG