The online racing simulator
LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
#26 - Smax
Quote from Gimpster :Alright why is no one making skins for the LXs, these are a becoming a fun class, especialy the LX4. I pose a challange to the great skinners in our comunity.

Build us a complete LX4/6 race grid worthy of your skills.

I'll make you one with a coupla colour variations, but I go back to uni next week and I'm not gonna have much time for anything else after that....talk to me about what you'd like....
I can make my own skins thats not an issue. Though mine are not a professional looking as some. I was just noticing that there is a distinct lack of avalable choices for these two cars when compaired to the other vehicles. Most of the good skinners are not currently making skins for them.

I was just trying to give them a little shove and see if they will produce. I have been having a blast in the LX4 this last week but most people are running base skins and the variation during a race is slim.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
We have at least one running LX right now. I will also probaly convert the Roadster Runoff server to full public soon. Right now it is passworded.
I wish I could use magic and transfrom every FO8-Oval server to servers using LX4 and some interesting tracks.
#30 - Smax
The LX4, LX6 RB4 and UFR models are apparently due for revision between now and S2 final, therefore the 2048 wireframe templates that the vast majority of high quality skins are made from are not available for those cars.

That being the case I doubt you will see many of the better known skinners regularly producing work for those cars anytime soon. The default LX4/6 skins don't carry very much detail at all, in fact they don't even mark the position of the bonnet vents, which just makes the sort of high detail precise skinning that you regularly see for the GTR cars much more difficult.
#31 - Smax
These are not on LFS world, you'll have to upload them yourselves if you want to use them. Simple and not exactly brilliant, but I suppose that's beter than nothing...
Quote from Smax :The LX4, LX6 RB4 and UFR models are apparently due for revision between now and S2 final, therefore the 2048 wireframe templates that the vast majority of high quality skins are made from are not available for those cars.

That being the case I doubt you will see many of the better known skinners regularly producing work for those cars anytime soon. The default LX4/6 skins don't carry very much detail at all, in fact they don't even mark the position of the bonnet vents, which just makes the sort of high detail precise skinning that you regularly see for the GTR cars much more difficult.

That might be one reason... but on other hand it might take a year or more to get final models for them. Biggest reason is that it's very underused car.
Well then we need to make ot a more used car. Its dam fun to drive once you get a good set sorted.
#34 - Jakg
at first i hated them, then i tried them at an autocross course and loved it, now they are brilliant fun to drive!

More LX action please
#36 - Jakg
Quote from (SaM) :Author: Diesel
Type: An S2 LX6 skin.
Use: It's a public skin so it's available to anyone. Feel free to add your own number and upload it under another name.
Resolution: 1450 x 1024
File Size: 145KB
Comments: This skin is inspired by the Caterham 7 in British racing green.

can you please resize i so i can put it on lfs world?
Just save the image as LX4_blabla.jpg instead of LX6_blabla.jpg
Quote from hrtburnout :Just save the image as LX4_blabla.jpg instead of LX6_blabla.jpg

Yeah, usually it works just fine. But some parts might look dumb depending on the skin.
Quote from Jakg :can you please resize i so i can put it on lfs world?

It already is uploaded.
I had this one on my hd and decided to just give it away. Preview of the yellow version is below, also blue and red versions are available. There are no stickers or sponsors on them... Feel free to edit them as much as you want, just don't remove my text from them

I think they work in LX6 as well, didn't test it though... And there may be some small errors...

EDIT: updated the skins to better quality, somehow they got "reduced"...
Attached images
prev1_lx4free1.jpg
LX4_free1.jpg
prev2_lx4free1.jpg
LX4_free2.jpg
LX4_free4.jpg
#42 - Jakg
Quote from (SaM) :It already is uploaded.

when i try it it ses it isnt
Oh yea, somehow the attachment got renamed. Just name my skin LX6_RCRG28.jpg and it'll use the one I uploaded. I'll update the name and size of the skin on the first page.
here is for each lx a cool tribal skin
hope you like it...
Attached images
LX4_cool.jpg
LX6_cool.jpg
skin1.JPG
skin2.JPG
^ Hardly a skin I'd say. I'd recommend adding more detail or maybe more color to it. I doubt much or anyone would like to use it honestly.
Also you should use a 1024x1024 template to make skins.
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
STP

Petty Blue LX4 with STP livery.
RULES:
  1. ONLY Post Finished Skins
  2. If you have a screenshot, please post the skin file also (not a requirement, but would be nice).
I'm going to assume that was aimed at Zocker.
I won't be posting the actual skin files with my screenshots regardless.
Gulf livery for LX4, public as always
Attached images
LX4gulf.jpg
LX4_gulf.jpg

LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG