The online racing simulator
South City track #7 - speculation
This thread is pure speculation on my part just to keep the rumors rolling and take some attention way from the tragedy that has struck the Broke Dorifto Society.

Whilst browsing the LFS page I noticed new pictures of the tracks. With South City I noticed smth strange (see below picture)

With red color I have highlighted a whole section of a never before track area (see red line on above picture). A link to this area existed before patch X11 (see green circle #1). However, green circle #2 indicates a section that has been modified with the recent changes to SC track. Here is a closer look at it:

Arrow #1 indicates curbstones that were removed with the latest patches. There used to be curbstones but there aren't any anymore.

Arrow #2 indicates new curb. Question: why would you have a curb like that? The curb strip should stop where the track stops and not go further to the other unused road. The only reason to put a curb like that is if you were going to use it.

Arrow #3 indicates dark grey area - there is no textures there.

Another angle of the same place:

Please note on the above picture that catch fencing continues to the unused road, but stops after a short while. Please also note there is no real scenery there, although there is a few buildings. Question: why would you have catch fencing there ? Only tracks have catch fencing. Access roads do not have it. Ofcourse there is a chance its there to keep the pedestrians/fans off the track, but in that case you would have the top part of the fence the other way - to make it harder to climb over, not easier.

My speculative conclusion: They are considering another layout for SC. However, they have decided not to do it just now, but somewhere down the line. Possibly even not do it - maybe plans will change/plans have already changed. Just in case they have changed the track curbing to suit the new track if it should come along. As it is likely the PB's and hotlaps will be reset at this stage, changing the curbs now prevents the SC hot laps being reset at a later time when the new track is possibly included and this change would have to be made - changing this curbs characteristics and affecting all laptimes using this section of the track.

The track itself seems to be already layed down as you can see from the map, but there is no scenery (buildings or textures) for the area - it has not been developed.

EDIT: Green circle #1
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8084/sc7iu2.jpg
#2 - DeKo
Very nice observation . Indeed, this is where most people thought the new SO config would actually be, after seeing the 'green circle 2' bit in the FBM video.
There's only so many ways to play Tic-Tac-Toe... We seriously need more track enviroments!
Oooh

I'm going to get in right here and propose South City Urban Enduro (green line) and South City Unlocked with no barriers and the roads indicated by the blue lines filled in for the C'n'R crowd and I'm sure others would work out things to do with it.
Attached images
SOall.jpg
#5 - SamH
Quote from Resound :Oooh

I'm going to get in right here and propose South City Urban Enduro (green line) and South City Unlocked with no barriers and the roads indicated by the blue lines filled in for the C'n'R crowd and I'm sure others would work out things to do with it.

I like the look of that very much! Only a small issue with the roads linking to the flyover (even though fictional).. they wouldn't meet the flyover but pass underneath. Perhaps propose a location for a new library or Scavier office building, too!
Quote from Resound :and South City Unlocked with no barriers and the roads indicated by the blue lines filled in for the C'n'R crowd and I'm sure others would work out things to do with it.

Not posible unfortunately due to some limitations in the engine.. Even if i can't stand those cruise servers, i would really like the South city with all the configurations connected, just for some fun offline..
#7 - Rish
@Playlife-- well spotted! A nice long bumpy SC track would be cool!
#8 - ste_
Some screenies
Attached images
lfs1.jpg
lfs5.jpg
lfs4.jpg
lfs2.jpg
lfs3.jpg
#9 - Rish
Thats just teasing now!

To quote a certain Bart Simpson "Ooohooo baby!!"

I would LOVE that circuit, South City is my favourite LFS location, i just can't get enough

Quote from Boris Lozac :Not posible unfortunately due to some limitations in the engine.. Even if i can't stand those cruise servers, i would really like the South city with all the configurations connected, just for some fun offline..

I think what he is suggesting actually would be possible, as it wouldn't involve multiple routes, all those blue lines are dead ends. (In the lower section at least)

EDIT: Sorry for double post
EDIT 2: After looking at the orignal image, it seems more has been edited that i thought, i'll just shut up
Hehe, you are like one of those GTA4 fans - they see one screenshot and start searching for something interesting under 1600x zoom
Now seriously, how long did it took to you to find?
Quote from ste_ :Some screenies

Can you check if version X10 or X or an earlier version had that road?

Quote from Kdovi :Hehe, you are like one of those GTA4 fans - they see one screenshot and start searching for something interesting under 1600x zoom
Now seriously, how long did it took to you to find?

I didnt look for anything, I just stumbled upon it.
i noticed this today, also. Maybe its a WIP?
I bet the devs are all having a good laugh at us right now
This certainly looks interesting.
#17 - Rish
yeah lol, "i bet if we take out this curb and put in a fence here they'll all go crazy"

harsh but funny
#18 - ste_
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Can you check if version X10 or X or an earlier version had that road?

Got a link where I can download it?
It didn't used to have these roads, if you remember back in the day there was just a side access road that people used to drag down.

For those that don't remember, this video shows it at the 2 minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkRxOSlqXI

For those that really remember back in the days of S1, it was even different from that video; it went away from the track more, and turned much much more (into the track).

making a big ")"
I noticed this about two weeks ago, but was too lazy to make a thread. It's definetly a WIP, but let's hope it doesn't end up like the LX8.
#21 - ste_
If there is going to be a SC.7 then i think this might be quite interesting..
Actually that whole roundabout would be a good oval for the UF1
Attached images
lfs6.jpg
What if we had that off section, but then it connects to the main straight of SO Sprint 1?
SO Sprint 3?
Or all of it, and have the new SO Long?
Go to SO4, use the AutoX editor to place a start there (at the overpass near the chicane, not the hairpin), it's mostly drivable
#24 - ste_
Here are some screenies of how it used to look... so definite change!
Attached images
OldSC_1.jpg
OldSC_2.jpg
OldSC_3.jpg
OldSC_4.jpg

I love the look of that!God damn i want that!Maybe it would be good for the drift crowd too!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG