The online racing simulator
Very interesting.

South City is one of the places I like to race the most, and I'd love to see some new goodies in it.

The challenging thing about SO is that it alternates very fast sections with slow/tricky sections, with those walls waiting for your mistakes.

So I guess that, while keeping this in mind, the devs could come up with some really nice new track configuration. And I think they will.
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I was in the mood for some public South City appreciation when I found this thread, it's very nice!

Even though new environments would be good, SO is my favorite one since I first got my S1 license. More SO* is always good IMO
At least you're using the search button, doesn't make sense on this forum, or any. You get flamed for not searching, and you get flamed for necrothreads. It's gay. Anyway, I am all for the Überlong south city, it loooks epic, if it was made, it would be the best track for LFS, a mini-urban Nurburgring, i'd love to drive the little right hand kink to corners before the hairpin after the (underneath) flyover section (if going clockwise).
Quote from BlueFlame :You get flamed for not searching, and you get flamed for necrothreads.

Exactly... start a new thread and hear "USE SEARCH!!", or post in an existing thread and hear "THIS THREAD IS A YEAR OLD! NICE GOING ON BUMPING AN OLD THREAD!"

Yeah it's stupid. I'm happy when you see people bump old threads instead of starting new ones! So good going NightShift. Never be sorry to bump an old one!
I missed out on this a year ago but man those tracks look great fun to me

And as the very end said over a year ago
Those Fernbay side roads look to detailed to not be used in the future so im also expecting those
Try to put custom start position there?
Quote from Shadowww :Try to put custom start position there?

I tried today, but what is weird is that you can't see anything, just plain gray, except when you put the view from above. However, the road is drivable, untill for no reason you start going halfway below the road then flip without the ability to reset.

Damn I read this thread without watching the dates

I am all the more hopeless now Especially if the Scirocco plays the same scenario as the FBM that some dude posted above
Well, these track parts are already there but not used yet, so I think they're going to be used in the future, that's why devs made them there. Just like some other track, like Westhill has one part there in the middle.
I sure hope they are used. SO is by far the best track in lfs. When you get it right it feels amazing just missing the walls at 130 mph by about 1 mm. *insert big grinning face here*
i would realy like it! its realy beautifull to drive there
it'll be a nice one for s1 users.
Quote from Kristjan.J :Well, these track parts are already there but not used yet, so I think they're going to be used in the future, that's why devs made them there. Just like some other track, like Westhill has one part there in the middle.

I did not see any parts in Westhill that look like a track, they are more like access roads to the track.
Even though on the straight that is opposed the start's there is some corner with rumble pads.. but it seems to lead nowhere, and there is no further way out

However, the 2 bridges you go under seem to be usable to have a track that goes from inside westhill, to outside westhill

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG