The online racing simulator
Quote from ste_ :Here are some screenies of how it used to look... so definite change!

There is definatly added some new track there
if the whole south city could be open then if the stop lights worked great dream for cruse servers
Definately looks like they are considering a new layout there, the section that was there before looked good as scenery, this doesn't quite look that as good. They also included it as part of the track on the site and both ways onto the current track are tidy and ready to use. I expect they just need to get Eric to work on it, he might be having a break from doing a fantastic job on the FBM.

These are the 2 layouts I would like to see made...
Attached images
new sprint track.jpg
South City GT.jpg
Or make the green one Chicane Route 2.
I just had a thought, perhaps the Chicane Route we have now was rushed out to replace the actual new layout. That section looks like it is half finished, and was intended to be used. So maybe, Eric was busy making it when the V1 guys came calling, and then he had to work on the FBM instead of the track. Maybe the big section was meant to be the suprise, until the FBM came along.
It looks like the seedy part of town...
Well it is meant to be London, so the new part might be South Citys version of Soho.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I just had a thought, perhaps the Chicane Route we have now was rushed out to replace the actual new layout. That section looks like it is half finished, and was intended to be used. So maybe, Eric was busy making it when the V1 guys came calling, and then he had to work on the FBM instead of the track. Maybe the big section was meant to be the suprise, until the FBM came along.

That's a very plausible explanation...
Interesting, definitely evidence that something is/was/will be there. It would be even nicer if that section was known as the "the hills" of south city.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Definately looks like they are considering a new layout there, the section that was there before looked good as scenery, this doesn't quite look that as good. They also included it as part of the track on the site and both ways onto the current track are tidy and ready to use. I expect they just need to get Eric to work on it, he might be having a break from doing a fantastic job on the FBM.

Don't count on the sprint, this is why I suggested the merge with SO Sprint 1, because it actually has pits, which makes sense to merge, the one you point out wouldn't work correctly because there are no pits, nor does it look like anything over there in relation to parking spaces etc.
Also the turn off/on the highway looks horrible!
To sharp.
Quote from XCNuse :
Also the turn off/on the highway looks horrible!
To sharp.

Ah well thats the reason I would like it! It doesn't look too much sharper than the other Hairpin further down the track, and that one can be taken quite fast.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Definately looks like they are considering a new layout there, the section that was there before looked good as scenery, this doesn't quite look that as good. They also included it as part of the track on the site and both ways onto the current track are tidy and ready to use. I expect they just need to get Eric to work on it, he might be having a break from doing a fantastic job on the FBM.

Yes! Look's really nice.
I wish scawen could see this and answer if he can build/create

Best suggest evver!
I've just thought about the highway for a high speed straight away...

Sorry ste_ about the shabby edit of your screeni.
Attached images
lfs6.jpg
There are so many possebilities, I do hope that some of them actually are something that the DEV`s are working on.

Would be nice with a comment from the dev`s about this subject
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
All im thinking is that if the chicane route is some sort of compromise.. its a damn fine one! really enjoying the layout.. especially braking from the highway part is amazing fun
Guys, here's the thing however, that one sedtion of FE, the off camber turn that spectates you for going out of bounds. that has been there forever now, and still no extra FE layout... tis sux... I want to drift that part SO bad...
Quote from ste_ :Some screenies

They even have the barriers in there!?!?!

Edit: I wouldn't dout if the devs drove around that extra part when they where making the new scenery.
Quote from XCNuse :... SO Sprint 1, because it actually has pits, ...

Don't remember ever seeing them ???
Quote from Franke :Don't remember ever seeing them ???

It does have them, you just can't use them.
It's a sprint race, so the number of laps have to be short, to due the lack of ability to pit. Or you run out of fuel.
Quote from Mako. :Guys, here's the thing however, that one sedtion of FE, the off camber turn that spectates you for going out of bounds. that has been there forever now, and still no extra FE layout... tis sux... I want to drift that part SO bad...

Would be fun with a new FE layout aswell, one that ain`t that big. But it`s strange those roads outside track part is so highly detailed if their not going to be used in the future
Quote from Drunken Predator :All im thinking is that if the chicane route is some sort of compromise.. its a damn fine one! really enjoying the layout.. especially braking from the highway part is amazing fun

That's also in SO City Long, which we've had for ages. It's one of the hardest corners in LFS.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's also in SO City Long Rev, which we've had for ages. It's one of the hardest corners in LFS.

Edited just for completeness...
Bah. Rev. Yes. Sorry.

SO Long Rev. must be the hardest circuit we've got. Lots of tricky braking-while-turning, corners with blind exits and barriers to give you a thump if you get them wrong. Love it.
Quote from Mako. :Guys, here's the thing however, that one sedtion of FE, the off camber turn that spectates you for going out of bounds. that has been there forever now, and still no extra FE layout... tis sux... I want to drift that part SO bad...

Yes, that is there but its not like its a different route. Its merely an oval. It would be fun, yes, but only if there was a big track behind it - much like this SC speculation

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG