The online racing simulator
The Norwegian language
(24 posts, started )
The Norwegian language
I use the Norwegian language on LFS and I have seen a few word missings..
Like when your in the pits and doing a depot stop, theres alot of norwegian words missing...
Is there editable files to handle this? I haven't checked cause it hasnt really bothered me
but I guess it would be nice to have 100% language....

I probably could fix the NO language.. I could get my mother, who have been working as a transelator for over 15 years,
to help me out on words...
#2 - filur
<LFS>/data/language/Norsk.txt
Okay.... I will see what I can change
I have taken notice that it is NOT in the Norwegian language txt file that the spelling is wrong... I was told that the spelling is in the game and not editable trough the lang file...

"Damage to bak" - should be "Skade bak"...
Nearly every string in the game is translateable. You should ask Scawen to grant you access to the online translation tool, so you can fix the missing strings.
That would be cool but then again, I think some Norwegians allready have access to that.... Just hope Scawen reads this...
As I said in earlier post, it says "Damage to bak" when it really should be "Skade bak"....
#7 - 2re
I'm so used to reading the options menu in games in English so I find it "hard" to understand their norwegian alternatives.

LFS has a one of the most complex game menus ive ever seen.
You can't just simply translate every word directly because some of these words dosen't have a natural counter part in Norwegian. Well at least they are not very well known as very few games are made with Norwegian language support.

I'm happy for all the options LFS has to offer but I really think the menus should be totaly redesigned and made more user friendly.
I have a few friends who can confirm this. They find it hard very to understand compaird to other games, witch of coerce have far less choices than LFS.

I'm using English as language in LFS now but maybe i'll give Norwegian another try when and if you translate it better.

Good luck
Am using LFS Norwegian language... I have no problem going through the menus... You'll have to be 5-10 years old to not understand or find that menu user friendly... I've played PC games since I was 7-8 years old and console games since the NES/SEGA/Atari time and have come over alot of games that has crappy menus...

The LFS menu is good enough as it is so don't change that, but, there could be a few changes on the prenounciations in-game and basic info... I can't really remember what, but I've seen different things am kind og scratching my head to understand... I have no problem helping out, if needed, to find better word use...
#9 - thd
Hoppla!

Den norske oversettelsen av LFS er i all hovedsak gjort av meg, og noe redigert ved hjelp av DriveSafely. Jeg har derimot ikke like god tid som før og dermed ikke fulgt like godt med når det kommer nye strings som skal oversettes.

Har nettopp gått igjen hele oversettelsen og lagt til det som manglet. Dersom noen er interessert i å se over kan du hente siste versjon her: http://www.liveforspeed.net/lf ... te/translate.php?action=2

Dette er versjonen som vil komme følge med patch V dersom det ikke blir gjort endringer. Mao, det hadde vært fint om de som bruker norsk språk i LFS kunne teste denne og komme med innspill på ord de vil ha endret til noe annet, og eventuelle skriveleif. Jeg antar at jeg i hovedsak snakker til deg her Blackfang

Tore: Er enig i at menyene er i overkant kompliserte. For en ny spiller er det lett å gå seg vil. Det er lenge siden det ble foreslått å ha et valg for 'simple menus' eller noe i den dur, for de som ikke er så interessert i å fikle med alle små detaljer.
Ai Ai, Sir... Skal prøve å gjøre det jeg kan
Transelating the 90 txt files was WAAAAY over the limit for me.. LoL.. Just kidding...illepall
Hopefully it won't be as bad and hopefully you can be able to use the transelation.. Fix the bugs you can find and hopefully they will turn out even better
But 4 hours of none-stop transelation is pretty long... For me...
it was fun though

Quote from thd :Hoppla!
Den norske oversettelsen av LFS er i all hovedsak gjort av meg, og noe redigert ved hjelp av DriveSafely. Jeg har derimot ikke like god tid som før og dermed ikke fulgt like godt med når det kommer nye strings som skal oversettes.
Har nettopp gått igjen hele oversettelsen og lagt til det som manglet. Dersom noen er interessert i å se over kan du hente siste versjon her: http://www.liveforspeed.net/lf ... te/translate.php?action=2
Dette er versjonen som vil komme følge med patch V dersom det ikke blir gjort endringer. Mao, det hadde vært fint om de som bruker norsk språk i LFS kunne teste denne og komme med innspill på ord de vil ha endret til noe annet, og eventuelle skriveleif. Jeg antar at jeg i hovedsak snakker til deg her Blackfang

Jeg har brukt norsk "versjon" siden jeg lastet ned spillet, selv om jeg er mer "avhengig" av engelsken da jeg ikke gjør noe annet nesten, om dagene enn skrive på engelsk... Er uvant med norsk utgave.... Men i LFS synes jeg det er greit med norsk.. vet ikke helt hvorfor men jeg synes det er greit Maybe fordi det er alt for lite norsk(e) spill der ute.. ellers er det bare en feeling som jeg har.. hehe!
Thanks. Please let me know when you are satisfied with it and it should be included in the Test Patch!

If you post here I should get an email notification.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks. Please let me know when you are satisfied with it and it should be included in the Test Patch!

If you post here I should get an email notification.

thd has the transelated files... He is looking over them and fixing "bugs" and miss-spellings.... Not sure how far he has come in the fixes but I guess he will send em to you when he's done
Good to see that someone is actually using the norwegian translation

There is a lot of hard work behind it, but there will always be strings and sections that could be translated in a better way.

Unfortunantly I have not been able to sit down and have a look at it in a while. Had a quick look through it now to update the strings that have been added recently. Could be something to do during the holidays ...

Regards
DriveSafely
hej, jeg elsker norsk
#16 - arco
I just spent a good hour and a half going through the Norwegian language text file for X38. I fixed a few spelling errors, missing letters and some inconsequent usage of words here and there.
Attached files
Norsk.txt - 50.1 KB - 273 views
Ouch. Sadly that's not exactly how the language files are updated, arco. You should get in touch with someone who has access to the online translation tool. (Drivesafely or thd.)
I'll email thd, he can directly upload your updates.

Where did you get the original? From X38 or very recent version?
#19 - arco
Oh, I'll try to do that then.

Edit: Original was directly from X38.

Edit 2: Added diff file so they more easily can check the changes.
Attached files
Norsk-diff.txt - 5.3 KB - 240 views
#20 - thd
Flott arbeid

Så mange manglende bokstaver og andre små skrivefeil at det er flaut

Diff-filen var også veldig fin, lett å se hva du har gjort.

En ørliten kommentar:

Quote :< 3a_sh32btmd Vis 32-bit modi :
---
> 3a_sh32btmd Vis 32-bit moduser :

Modus er et fremmedord hentet fra latin, korrekt flertallsform er modi.

Ellers kan jeg ikke være uenig i noen av endringene.

Jeg har ikke så mye tid og motivasjon for lfs i øyeblikket så om du vil påta deg hovedansvar for oppdateringer i oversettelsen hadde det vært fint. Er såklart tilgjengelig for diskusjon dersom det er ønskelig. Hvis du gir positiv tilbakemelding her (eller via PM om du har ytterligere spørsmål), skal jeg be om å få lagt deg til oversetterlista. Du vil da få direkte tilgang på http://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/translate.php .
#21 - arco
Heisann og takk for tilbakemeldingen thd.

Ja, jeg kan godt ta over ansvaret for oppdateringer av oversettelsen. Tror det skal gå rimelig greit. Det meste er jo allerede oversatt, så blir jo mest bare å vedlikeholde og å legge til nye ting.
#22 - thd
Flott

Som du sier så bør det ikke være for stor jobb. Dersom du ønsker deg litt ekstrajobb kan du jo ta en kikk på hjelp-fila, der er kun et par elementer oversatt...

Scawen, please add arco to the translators list for Norway. :up:
OK, arco you now have access to the translation pages.

http://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/translate.php

After editing any line, click on another line and a small disk will appear which you can use to save the edited line. Alternatively, edit several lines then click "save whole translation". And please remember to click "quit translating" when you are finished, to unlock the page.
#24 - arco
Thanks guys!

The Norwegian language
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG