The online racing simulator
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry I have big respect for you Shiny_R_C, but you're just saying stuff randomly, cause you can still look back in road cars still? Right?
Is there a spin off thread on this subject cause FCV viewing limits might work.

But we're talking about the race cars here not the road cars. Because it's only the race cars that have the mirror now instead of the rear view.

And the XR mirror fix is in the changelog, I saw it in there when it was fixed a couple days ago.
Well soz on that, Shiny_R_C. Lemme just say FCV

Merrry Y-Mas everyone.

edit: the mirror fix isn't in the latest change log x10-x39. You saw it in the old change log on the other thread. I copied this : FIX : XRG / XRT / XRR showed sky at bottom of side mirrors from the old thread and just mentioned its not in this thread. Minor worries. Just thought it should be mentioned since he worked hard to fix it.
AI crashes
On SO Sprint 2 the AI's driving the XF GTI or the XF GTR all crash in the second last corner. No problems with the other cars though.

Stig
Attached images
AI crashing.JPG
AI crash 2.JPG
SPR OOS Error
#30 - Juls
Fps
I do not know if you read what happens with the fps, it was in the other thread.

When I run LFS in windowed mode (window covering the entire screen) I get the same 30% fps increase every time. In solo, or multiplayer mode,with large or small grid. It works all the time.

When I run LFS full screen with nvidia control panel running (showing a directx nvidia logo turning) I get 30% fps increase.
Very unusual behavior.
Quote from Scawen :Yes but I can't explain that, VTC is very simple. Only thing is, it sends a multiplyer packet. If there is lag, the result of the vote could actually take place before the result of the cancel vote arrives.

Ok no problem
Quote from HOTKEYS :On SO Sprint 2 the AI's driving the XF GTI or the XF GTR all crash in the second last corner. No problems with the other cars though.

Stig

UFR also crashes there and the bigger GTR cars slide into the wall on the exit pretty hard.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Well, when you drive in real life, do you ever turn your head 180 degrees around to see behind you? Of course not, you look in the mirror! Except when you're driving backwards, obviously. Maybe Scawen can make it so that you can actually look behind you when the car is in Reverse.

Comparing to realism to this point is always going to be akward. Examples: In race cars (or actually any cars) in real life you cant see something similiar to custom view, chase view or tv view, at least not while its happening. We would be able to view better than what our monitors gives us, have better audio, better physics when you go into a barrier, crashes would be more realistic (no shafts can brake), no virtual mirrors or virtual gauges would be possible ofc, etc, etc, etc. And etc.

If forced realism is the point behind not being able to look back in race cars then the all views except incar should taken away aswell. Im just asking for it in custom view, then servers can use forced cockpit view if they want forced realism instead of racing.

Scawen, Dont take me wrong about me and this game, we're lovers. I really appreciate it and the time and effort you dedicate on this while i hope it continues without you overworking yourself. But this really should be changed!

Edit: typos generated by phonecall
I want you to know that we really appreciate the amount of work you and all the other devs have put in over the last months.

When the magical "Y" is revealed - just lay back, relax and have a great Christmas. mastree:

Best Regards from Norway
Quote from chanoman315 :Hey Scawen , does that FIX in MPR and SPR files of buffer overflow .. is the fix for the oos error in ai replays?

No, this was a buffer overflow which meant that LFS could crash when reading a corrupted file or even that a malicious programmer could possibly make your LFS run some code they inserted into an MPR or SPR file, and somehow convinced you to watch their "replay". It's safe now due to ensuring that it is impossible to overflow the buffer.

Quote from alxf1 :this hotlap gives an error
http://teaminferno.webgalaxy.h ... /bash0r_SO6_FBM_10568.spr

any incompatibility between X30 and X39? I've seen that error on X37(or so) too.

X30 to X39 is definitely not compatible due to physics changes.

I hope there are no OOS issues in X39 watching an X39 replay (hotlap or single player). If there are please tell me quickly, I need to know how to reproduce them and fix them before Y.
Thank's scawen,
This game is the best!
I play it all the time
U Have done a GREAT job!
Merry Xmas!!!
Quote from Scawen :No, this was a buffer overflow which meant that LFS could crash when reading a corrupted file or even that a malicious programmer could possibly make your LFS run some code they inserted into an MPR or SPR file, and somehow convinced you to watch their "replay". It's safe now due to ensuring that it is impossible to overflow the buffer.

X30 to X39 is definitely not compatible due to physics changes.

I hope there are no OOS issues in X39 watching an X39 replay (hotlap or single player). If there are please tell me quickly, I need to know how to reproduce them and fix them before Y.

Hi Scawen
after reading all the posts of patching and all the changes one thing bothers me. my licence was bought on 13 Aug 2007 and that was the time I dowloaded the game. ive never updated it again(online or patch) but downloaded this new one today(X39), will me game still work if i run the patch.

Tx for a wonderful simulator and enjoy the festive break

edd
Quote from eddie_brunette :Hi Scawen
after reading all the posts of patching and all the changes one thing bothers me. my licence was bought on 13 Aug 2007 and that was the time I dowloaded the game. ive never updated it again(online or patch) but downloaded this new one today(X39), will me game still work if i run the patch.

Tx for a wonderful simulator and enjoy the festive break

edd

You might have to unlock again, but of course it will still work. Why shouldn't it?

However, I'd simply wait for patch Y to be released (which is before Christmas, so at latest this Sunday). No need to install a test patch if the official one is right around the corner
Yes, if the version you had before was version X (or X10) then that is the version this patch was designed for.

Anyway, no need to worry at all because even if your installation was damaged somehow, there will always be a new full version to download at our site, which you can simply unlock again.

The only thing you ever have to worry about is forgetting your user name and password. Though we have password retrieval if your email address has not changed.
Has there been an official word on when Y will be released? I know it will be out this week, but will it be today or Sunday

Thanks and Merry Christmas Scawen (Make sure Geraldine cooks a lovely Turkey , and make sure Leo gets S3 for Xmas )
Quote from niall09 :Has there been an official word on when Y will be released? I know it will be out this week, but will it be today or Sunday

Thanks and Merry Christmas Scawen (Make sure Geraldine cooks a lovely Turkey , and make sure Leo gets S3 for Xmas )

55% sunday
30% tomorrow
15% today LoL
Thanx Scawen and AndroidXP.

Im just so used to il2 sim, updating each patch before the other , but i'll wait for "Y" to be released. I.m just happy to try my endurance race where the ai actually can finish a race

Tx again

edd
ty for nice changes ;]
Love the work done!! SO much progress I cant get over how much better it has gotten from when i started on x HAHA
Scawen, can you add this option for estimated laps?
Attached images
estimated laps.jpg
Quote from Juls :I do not know if you read what happens with the fps, it was in the other thread.

When I run LFS in windowed mode (window covering the entire screen) I get the same 30% fps increase every time. In solo, or multiplayer mode,with large or small grid. It works all the time.

When I run LFS full screen with nvidia control panel running (showing a directx nvidia logo turning) I get 30% fps increase.
Very unusual behavior.

Think thats because Anti-aliasing and stuff is deactivated in windowed mode
Quote from El_TaxMaN :Scawen, can you add this option for estimated laps?

Yeah scawen!
That's looks cool!
Plz Try!
Included Lithuanian translation

I Love That
Will an update from X39/X40 to Y provided, too? Maybe a suggestion, but not needing to download 50MB+ again would be nice.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG