The online racing simulator
Petition to remove Locked Diff option temporarily for Y
Sign here to post your plea for the banishing of locked diffs for Patch Y. Could be a temporary solution until the issues with it's efficacy are sorted in the future.

This would mean no flatshifting (edit: due to clutch temps) and ALSO no locked diffs in Y, transforming LFS for many.

Hurry, before he compiles.

EDIT: This would include allowing it for a rallycross track though, if quickly possible. Otherwise who cares (There is no locked centre diff for rallycross even now!)
I guess i've missed something about the locked diffs, they be haxxoring our diff?
I'm in!
Signed.

No wait, it has legitimate uses. Allow it if the track is detected as a rallycross one.
What's the problem with locked diffs?
They're evil.
I'll just sign for Anton, even though he's sleeping I know he won't mind.

@lampkin, besides being evil, they don't work as they should completely yet. See Axus' thread starting with the phrase "spawns of hell" for more info.
It won't happen. Y will be out tomorrow, or maybe Saturday if a last-minute bug needs squashing.
LOL what's so evil about a locked diff? I've never raced one...
denied.
Remove locked diffs from anything but Drag, I don't think rally cross uses locked diffs.

At least this way, it gives the demo users (myself included) just one more thing to buy the game for. (although I'm already getting it)
I'm in. flatshifting is for gays.
Quote from Mazz4200 :I'm in, flatshifting is for gays.

It has nothing to do with flatshifting and what's wrong with happy people?
deniad.
Quote from geeman1 :It has nothing to do with flatshifting and what's wrong with happy people?

What he meant to say is that it's for cigarettes.
I'd love to see them go and I still refuse to believe they are effective in reality in anything other than RWD car racing exclusively on a loose surface with no tight corners (ie. bangers and redneck creations). I do not believe either that any FWD or 4WD (except possibly on the rear wheels) car has ever used a locked diff in circuit racing, which hasn't resulted either in something breaking, a prompt realisation that it's useless. The only example of any success anyone ever seems to be able to dig up was that of Mark Donohue, it shouldn't be forgotten that he was driving cars with huge amounts of power but bad tires on poor track surfaces, a far cry from the RWD cars in LFS.

If anyone can dig up some proper proof (more than just a random picture of a car or some rumour they heard) of a successful FWD racing car with a locked diff then I'll imediately change my vote, until then I'm sticking firmly in my position (and I don't ever invisage changing)
Quote from N I K I :deniad.

What does that mean?
Obviously I know what it means, but if you can't spell it, it doesn't count!
no
Quote from geeman1 :It has nothing to do with flatshifting and what's wrong with happy people?

Lol,

BBT said it would prevent flatshifting in his first post, so i ain't gonna argue with him, you can if you want......best of luck with that one mate, he's the size of a barn door, yikes !
Quote from Mazz4200 :flatdecoration is for gays

I think I should re-read that spawns of hell thread.
The flatshifting prevention is the new clutch stuff. Removing the locked diffs would a further step towards sensible driving in addition to the flatshifting/clutch.

I can argue with him, because I'm [slightly] more senior in our team
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lol,

BBT said it would prevent flatshifting in his first post, so i ain't gonna argue with him, you can if you want......best of luck with that one mate, he's the size of a barn door, yikes !

ROFL

What I meant, was that since we have clutch heat which is (hopefully) eliminating flatshifting, then let's kill two birds with one stone and deal with the locked diffs for awhile until they start to work more like they would with the same drawbacks as real ones.

Will edit first post for clarity.

Quote from tristancliffe :The flatshifting prevention is the new clutch stuff. Removing the locked diffs would a further step towards sensible driving in addition to the flatshifting/clutch.

I can argue with him, because I'm [slightly] more senior in our team

Who showed up at the last meeting?
And who made a ninny excuse at the last minute?
/runs
Wha.... Do I see cheek from the BOY! The Team Junior.

Did you all know we've been training Jeff up wrong, as a joke?
Im not sure it would be easy to just allow it for rallyX, as its not exactly a track specific option however, it wouldn't hurt to remove it for the non AWD cars, and of course a max preload LSD in LFS is almost a locked diff isn't it? performance wise.

I bet Jeff would make the bell ring everytime on the hammer thing at the fayre Tristan would have to mod the thing a little with some handsaw first

SD.

Quote from tristancliffe :
Did you all know we've been training Jeff up wrong, as a joke?

ROFL
@BBT (post no22) Ahh i see, you'll have to forgive me, i'm a bit hard of thinkin yunno, it's an old war wound !

But yeah kill as many birds with one stone as possible as far as i'm concerned. I had a little rant just the other night about how soft and wimpy the LX4 had become after one of the test patches, so anything that gets it and the LX6/RAC/FZ5 back to being a real mans car the better.

@Xaotic LMAO good one

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG