The online racing simulator
Fastest laps with FBM
(66 posts, started )
I'm getting 1.17-1.18 with G25 set on 900 degrees..
Only just got it yesterday, so i guess i still need to get use to it.
Quote from Klutch :I'm getting 1.17-1.18 with G25 set on 900 degrees..
Only just got it yesterday, so i guess i still need to get use to it.

You don't need to use 900 degrees for the FBM.

Read what the steering degrees is in the game (garage), then set LFS to use that steering amount, and set it in Windows too.

Highest any car goes in LFS is 720 degrees (road cars). 900 way too much, and you'll only be slower, especially in the FBM.
Quote from Tweaker :You don't need to use 900 degrees for the FBM.

Read what the steering degrees is in the game (garage), then set LFS to use that steering amount, and set it in Windows too.

Highest any car goes in LFS is 720 degrees (road cars). 900 way too much, and you'll only be slower, especially in the FBM.

I seem to crash constantly with it set lower.

And for some reason the wheel doesn't lock at 450.
If i'm coasting, braking, or accelrating it wont lock at 450?

The wheel in game will stop but my wheel doesn't :|
#54 - Ospi
hol e sheet Torben does a 01:04.870 at SO6. 8 tenths faster than the next person, thats unreal.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Oh noes! Demo racers actually r---r------ra----racin-----racing?

It's good to see, and it's about time! Good move by the devs removing the XRT!

I seem to be the only one on demo who races.

I ran against 4 other drivers, and they coulden't handel it, they finnished before me, but only because they intentionaly ran me off the road. either by side checking my car or rear ending me in the turns.

I out braked this one guy at the first turn after the straight, and the guy just rear ended me in the second. And that one put my front end flat.

Demo is good for SP, but I'm definatley waiting to get S2 before I play online with the FBM and try and race.

We even had people drifting the damn thing, they spun out and just sat in the middle of the track right after a turn. Caused a 3 car pile up, and put me out of the race. AGAIN!
Quote from DragonCommando :
We even had people drifting the damn thing, they spun out and just sat in the middle of the track right after a turn. Caused a 3 car pile up, and put me out of the race. AGAIN!

I don't know about you, but if i spin out i stay exactly where i am. While people are dodging you, you don't exactly want to be moving forward/backwards as theyll be more than likely to hit you.
Quote from Klutch :I don't know about you, but if i spin out i stay exactly where i am. While people are dodging you, you don't exactly want to be moving forward/backwards as theyll be more than likely to hit you.

If you spin, and you are in a full grid, you get to the Inside of the corner as fast as you can, because cars going around the corner can't slow down enough to go there. so logicaly you must hit the reverse and back out of the way. or drive forward if you are facing the inside.

Thats what I do, and no one has ever hit me. because I give them room to go around at there normal line.
#58 - Ospi
yeah you have to be smart about it, if cars are in close proximity when you spin and it is not a blind corner, stay where you are, if not gtfo of where you are and off the racing line if possible. What i do and avoid said incidents 90% of the time.
mine is 1 13 93 and i am happy with that and the record is around 1 12 81 i think or less by a guy called demeusa, getting 1 12 is very very hard but its not fun cuz ur misssing out all the noobs crashing in to u all the overtakeing i like playing lfs just for beside i am good overtaker lol
#60 - 5haz
Epic bump.

I'm down to 1.12.2 now.
The record is 1.12.08 by Bawbag

(im talking to the canadian guy btw)
#62 - 5haz
But I've seen people do 1.11s with a draft, which of course is very naughty.
ah you got shit loads of draft then Still a pretty good lap though, i suck at FBM
#64 - 5haz
1.12.5 Is my best w/o draft though.
I just went to check my PB's with FBM and I got stunned how many I got of them.

Some laps on almost every layout, done back in '08. I guess that was the time when there was some nice server just after FBM was out. Most of them are about 1 sec of WR. But I guess that is fine as it's all done without practice and in a sprint races. So there's some good benchmark for you

I remember I had a league race on SO6R, so I got 1:05.65 (+0.56 of WR now, but I suppose it was much closer back then when we probably haven't had sets as good as we do now)
my pb is 1:12.78 during race without any draft

i have done 1:12.89 during 50 laps race with R1 tires

Fastest laps with FBM
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG