The online racing simulator
Fastest laps with FBM
(66 posts, started )
Fastest laps with FBM
Since LFS World doesn't have the FBM yet
whats your fastest time with the FBM on blackwood GP forward?

I got a 1:20.68 and I'd like to know how I match up to other drivers.
And I can do 1:22.xx consistently.
I've seen people hit 1:13's, but me personally I'm around 1:16.5
ya i cant break past 1:16s but i can hit them consistantly
#4 - Makao
It's simple to get 1.14.xx, but 1.13.xx is much harder. I think in close future, that WR will be 1.12.xx.
ive seen ppl with 1.11... time...my best is 1.14.xx
Personally, I like the new Chicane coarse and that's all that Red Line is running so yea, I've been able to touch 1:06 but there are people in the 1:05 and maybe faster. Tough car to drive fast.
#7 - word.
Low 1:14s on blackwood. I have the split times for 1:13.9 but I just have to put the lap together. My blackwood set could do with some work fixing understeer on turn in and oversteer on exit.

1:06.99 is my best on SO6. SO6 set is working well, just need more practice.
#8 - Profi
Quote from Cash_FLow :ive seen ppl with 1.11... time...my best is 1.14.xx

1 11s arent possible noobcake
I feel soo slow.

I can't even beat the AI on Blackwood and they're doing 1:16s, I think. How people get low 1:13s is currently beyond me (probably time to have a close look at some alien-laps to see how this car is actually supposed to be driven).

I am a little better on SO chicane reverse, though, with a high 1:07. But I bet the current 1:06.060 will not stand long, and times are probably not as quick, yet, because it has not been driven as much as bl1 or so chicane regular.

Also, I rely heavily on other people's setups, as I'm useless as building my own.
My PB is a fluky 1.15.88, with a setup I got in-game.

It's hard to really drive v. quickly w/ keyboard.
I got like 1:17 but not under that.
I don't quite rely on car's abilities to stop. I know it has grip but it's hard to rely on that and setups are important too

Maybe it's the late braking or the fast cornering but somehow those < 1:14 seem very impossible to me
What I can't figure out is why they're faster than me on the BL straight when I'm faster coming out of the chicane, faster in the following turns yet they got about +5km/h on me at the end of the straight. I even tried much less downforce and different gearing... same deal...

If there's an AI infront of me coming out of the chicane I start closing the gap but if I can't draft them then right before the overpass they start drawing away. They're going 1:16x and I'm doing 1:15x because I'm faster in the turns. It does make some interesting racing scenarios ("oh no - I got a weak car")... wait a minute... maybe I should check that I didn't accidentally add a handicap to my car, d'oh! Thanks for bearing with me - as you were.
1.14.xx on BL

Should be better, I'm still going to slow trough the corners.

1.06.xx on SO6
Quote from xaotik :What I can't figure out is why they're faster than me on the BL straight when I'm faster coming out of the chicane, faster in the following turns yet they got about +5km/h on me at the end of the straight. I even tried much less downforce and different gearing... same deal...

I found that fuel load makes a huge difference in the FBM especially for top-speeds. Have you checked how much you're carrying as opposed to the AI?
Thank goodness for that, I was gob smacked that I couldnt beat the AI around BL1. I've touched highest 1.15's but consistent 1.16.xx
1:06:92 on SO6, too bad that run was on R2 tires with ~20% fuel left :P
Quote from Linsen :I found that fuel load makes a huge difference in the FBM especially for top-speeds. Have you checked how much you're carrying as opposed to the AI?

Yeah - we were both with 50% since it was in practice mode.
#19 - Ospi
can do low 6's at SO6 and mid 13's at BL1, but iv seen plenty of 5's at SO6 and very low 13's and possibly 12's at BL1. Some fast people out there.
Quote from xaotik :Yeah - we were both with 50% since it was in practice mode.

There goes my theory.

Maybe they can shift blindingly fast?
Well I changed fuel load to 15% and got 1:15:49 on BL GP while driving with km+mouse and automatic gearbox just to test how that fuel load is affecing my speed and it did quite well
I'm off to check my fuel load.
(Praying its set to 100% )
i got 1:13,40 at blackwood. and 1:06,1 on SO6 but i havent driven enough the SO6 si i think i could make 1:05
Quote from Linsen :There goes my theory.

Maybe they can shift blindingly fast?

I guess so - I obviously have alot to improve on. What weirds me out is the fact that I'm faster coming out of the chicane but seem to run out of steam on the straight. So I guess it might be my shifting from 4th all the way to 6th... or something.
Quote from xaotik :I guess so - I obviously have alot to improve on. What weirds me out is the fact that I'm faster coming out of the chicane but seem to run out of steam on the straight.

maybe too much downforce?

Fastest laps with FBM
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG