The online racing simulator
Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jakg :On your average track...? REALLY doubt it, else they'd all be using bloody Drift Cars!

well, if you put a 500-600 bhp 1000 kg driftcar against something like let's say race prepared 200 bhp Mazda MX5, then I guess you could be wrong...
but equally prepared drift vs race cars - Im with you
Isnt drifting driving around and yelling "OMG mate i am boosting with my front mount and its fully sick bro!"

Seriously i dont mind drifting as its a bit of fun but its the brain dead riced out dorifto fools that make everyone steer clear of drifting.

Some of Australia's best drifters used to come into my old work and they were total knobs,its the people not the sport/dancing that piss people off.
#54 - Jakg
Quote from squidhead :well, if you put a 500-600 bhp 1000 kg driftcar against something like let's say race prepared 200 bhp Mazda MX5, then I guess you could be wrong...
but equally prepared drift vs race cars - Im with you

How exactly is a 600 HP monster AND comparison to a 200 hp MX5...?!
Quote :Its Live For Speed, not Live For Drift, its a racing sim not a drift sim!!

Sweet. Holy. Mother. Of. Christ....

LFS meet anyone? I know a great brothel that will do a deal on bulk handjobs... Trust me, this debate would never appear on the forums again if you abandoned yourselves to a seasoned practitioner of tantric massage.

For just one afternoon.

Please?
Quote from Jakg :How exactly is a 600 HP monster AND comparison to a 200 hp MX5...?!

you never specified any data on what cars you had in mind, you just stated - driftcars are slower then racecars
Drifting is what ballet is to the Olympic games and drag, circuit, rallycross is what bobsled, bicycle racing is to the games.

One is to get there as faster than the next person. The other the aim to do it the most fancy way possible.
Quote from Gabkicks :I drift too, but "you" guys are embarrassing us drifters lol. everyone here is already so prejudice, and then "people" make threads on things that have been discussed hundreds of times... and say things that make "them" seem... special

ignorant, people that watch initial d and formula drift and think they understand motorsport.

They are embaressing us really!Drifting isn't really that bad.Racing isn't that bad either!I drift and race alot and i dont find whats so bad about it.Drifting is a motorsport,not racing.So i dont really see whats bad in drifting and racing really.
Ammusing
Right I gotta say

1) Live for speed is a racing Simulator
2) Drifting is racing
3) to Drive a car and win requires Skill

im realy fed up of ppl telling me drifting isnt racing it is go to japan go to well anywere any drift comp you will enter normaly refers to you as "racer" racer 102 and racer 203 to the line please is what youll here

to answer the question on AI Drifting is mabe in a few more years with the way AI is goin yes they might be able to drift its mainly the throttle control and the angle of the car up and down shifting that would have to go in unlike racing you cant take the same corner drifting as you could last time round drifting dosnt go on for 30 laps theres about 2 mabe even a sprint drift,

so to sum up

*drifting is racing
*AI drift aint gonna be about for a while yet (yes i know about Drift City, but i dont call tht drift)
*Anytype of racing requres diffrent skills
Drifting is not racing. Drifting is a motorsport, but it's not racing.
#61 - Jakg
Someone please give me a REASON as to how Drifting = Racing. All i've heard so far is that you are "called" a Racer when you enter a competition. That's not exactly an argument, is it...?
http://www.driftracing.co.uk/ the drift Racing ppl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorsport a deffinition of "Motorsport"

im happy to call drifting a motorsport as it is, but surely anything that has a "motor" and involves itself into a "Sport" would be called........

N1 Brova init

BTW the a deff for "Racing" too as drift "racing" is done on a time trial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing

(Just to bump the post Jakg what camera do u use as the pics on your site are emance)
Quote from Jakg :Someone please give me a REASON as to how Drifting = Racing. All i've heard so far is that you are "called" a Racer when you enter a competition. That's not exactly an argument, is it...?

LOL.. The only reason it matters is for certain forum members to ringfence appropriate use of LFS in a somewhat ... clingy (lousy word but it seems to fit...) ... manner.
#64 - Jakg
Kodak Z740, but the camera itself sucks.

Drifting IS a motorsport (it involves cars and is a sport), but is NOT Racing.

Drift Racing is an oxymoron.
I'm pretty certain it's called Drift Lacing in Japan.
lol who u callin an Oxymoron

ok can we all agree

Motorsports are irellivant anything with a motor and partakes in a sport would be a motor sport

Time trials are indeed clased a races diffrent to Grip or Sprint races were all Racers set off at the same time, racers have to go in intervals of 3 min gaps but are allowed to overtake wich would result in a lapping

What would you call Drag "Racing"

ps usin kodak z650 myself well tiz me misses cam lol
LOL go on then what dont i get
This is what it says on wiki about drifting, could stop the debate about is drifting a motorsport.

"Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motor sport involving the use of the technique"

So there it is saying that it refers to a motor sport.

The debate about whether drifting is a motorsport proberly wont end until it is nation wide and is as popular and touring car racing, f1 and other racing leagues. Drifting will proberly be classed as a motor sport then, in Japan it has been classed as a motor sport for some time as it is the biggest motor sport in Japan.
FFS

is racing in its own legue then its not a motorsport is it mabe im confused cuz i was under the impression ppl are calling drifting a Motorspot but racing is racing its not a sport lol

do u get me now
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :FFS

is racing in its own legue then its not a motorsport is it mabe im confused cuz i was under the impression ppl are calling drifting a Motorspot but racing is racing its not a sport lol

do u get me now

Yes, but racing is racing but it is still classed as a motorsport.

They still shouldn't put a drifting A.I in though, this is a racing sim not a drifting sim, lfs could release just a drifting version in the future but that could kill some members of lfs, people in lfs should stick to racing, drifting is ok now and again for a bit of fun but when it comes down to it racing is the better motorsport.
Just to add a bit of contradiction we cant even call it a motorsport

Drifting has evolved into a competitive sport where drivers compete in rear-wheel drive cars to keep their cars sideways as long as possible. At the top levels of competition, especially the D1 Grand Prix from Japan and others in Malaysia, Australia, Canada,the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Formula-D in the United States, and New Zealand, these drivers are able to keep their cars sliding for extended periods of time, often through several turns.

Drifting is not recognized by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) motorsport's governing body, as a professional form of motorsport.[2]

(Loverly day today might go outside)
Quote from =C.R= Boomshanka :
*drifting is racing

By definition drifting is not racing and cannot be a speed competition, whilst I'm sure speed maybe taken into account the fastest way to do a speed based drifting competition would be not to drift at all.
A race may be run continuously from start to finish or may be made of several segments called heats or stages (stages are also known as legs). A heat is usually run over the same course at different times. A stage is a shorter section of a much longer course or a time trial.

(a race is 2 or more people competing for the same result 1st place)

THE DEFFINITION OF RACING!!!

Motorized racing (motorsport)

Machines powered by motors, on land:motor racing

• noun the sport of racing in specially developed fast cars.
This thread is closed

Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG