The online racing simulator
Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
#26 - joen
Quote from greg_slideways :OK drifting is racing it is a motor sport witch is RACING...SO all that disagree say excatly why drift isnt racing

Drifting is a form of motorsports. But not a form of racing. (the drifting as we know it in LFS). Motorsport is not necessarily racing. Racing is motorsport though.
Racing: completing a certain distance, an amount of laps or over an amount of time with the goal of finishing first and/or as fast as possible. Drifting lacks this goal. Because the fastest way around the track is never by drifting except with rally or hillclimb. And even then it's used as a cornering technique only.
#27 - Jakg
Quote from greg_slideways :OK drifting is racing it is a motor sport witch is RACING...SO all that disagree say excatly why drift isnt racing

How is it racing? Racing is about doing something the fastest or at the highest speed - a clear, measurable aim.

If its about being hte fastest, then why drift?! Racing is MUCH faster...
It is jugded sport.. from point a to b not laps... it is a RACING technique Key word racing... and you do so for a certin limit as well as Entry speedand angle
Drifting is a style and it does take a lot of skill to master. as does real racing.
#30 - joen
Quote from greg_slideways :It is jugded sport

Exactly. And therefore it's not racing. You're either faster or slower than the other guys, no judges needed to determine who's better, it shows in the results.
Quote from greg_slideways :It is jugded sport.. from point a to b not laps... it is a RACING technique Key word racing... and you do so for a certin limit as well as Entry speedand angle

Nail in your own coffin mate. Drifting is not racing. A motorsport, yes, but not racing. You don't get somewhere as fast as possible (you earn some points for speed, but it is not the key goal) you get somewhere as pretty as possible. Drifting is the motorsports equivalent of synchronized swimming or figure skating.
AI Caramba
hah, "no logic". Ignorance can be humorous I suppose.

There's plenty of logic to be had in drifting... granted its basis as a form of motorsport relative to say formula, rally, etc. is completely different, it's a highly competitive sport involving a tremendous amount of skill. To each their own by all means but complete ignorance is an earshot from complete idiocy.

And the FIA can go up in a cloud of smoke as far as I'm concerned. I've always been unimpressed when it comes to their completely random rules and regulations... every year without failure, be it in regards to Formula 1 or the WRC.

On that note, a drift button has to be one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've read on the boards. While I enjoy drifting, Live For Speed's primary focus is definitely NOT for said drifting. My two cents.
Quote from Goodcat240 :hah, "no logic". Ignorance can be humorous I suppose.

You got his post all wrong. 'Logic' referred to logic that a computer/program can understand and act that way..

Drifting cars is lame though <-- he's a link
You guys seem to be trying to push your opinions on other people who are pushing their opinions, and it's rather hilarious because it's all pathetic and goes nowhere.

To me.. (time to be a hypocrite)

Drifting is not racing, it's a technique that has been slaughtered into a fad.
~~~
Sell outs and idiots will call it racing and a sport because thats what it has turned into, a laughing stock, you can see this on LFS aswell real life.

say what you want, it won't keep me from drifting on LFS
I drift too, but "you" guys are embarrassing us drifters lol. everyone here is already so prejudice, and then "people" make threads on things that have been discussed hundreds of times... and say things that make "them" seem... special

ignorant, people that watch initial d and formula drift and think they understand motorsport.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You can make a setup for the AI to slide when they take turns.

It says speed, not live for RACE.

And if so, shut down the following :

Drag strip = gone
Skid pad, car park, etc.
Cruise servers - Gone.
All rallycross tracks - Gone.

*no words* :doh:
Quote from Gabkicks :I drift too, but "you" guys are embarrassing us drifters lol. everyone here is already so prejudice, and then "people" make threads on things that have been discussed hundreds of times... and say things that make "them" seem... special

ignorant, people that watch initial d and formula drift and think they understand motorsport.

initial d? try tokyo drift. those noobs watch the movie and then try to drift on every corner they pass.

I like to drift too, but i know drifting is not a racing type, it's a racing technique, can be used to corner faster, specially by braking more lately (i think).
btw yesterday i passed a XR Turbo with my XR GT by drifting , but i was passed again the next moment. I still have to learn to maintain speed on drifts
Quote from AW06 :Its Live For Speed, not Live For Drift, its a racing sim not a drift sim!!

moron .-
Quote from jonny__27 :initial d? try tokyo drift. those noobs watch the movie and then try to drift on every corner they pass.

I like to drift too, but i know drifting is not a racing type, it's a racing technique, can be used to corner faster, specially by braking more lately (i think).
btw yesterday i passed a XR Turbo with my XR GT by drifting , but i was passed again the next moment. I still have to learn to maintain speed on drifts

Sadly a drifting (as in show drifting) car will never beat a well driven 'gripping' car. Physics define that. However, small drifts (what racers call Four Wheel Drifts) and/or slight oversteer can help overall corner elapsed times. But a big 'Heeeeeeeeelllllllllllp' slide won't be quicker.
The guy only asked for a AI drift set? No need for a never ending discussion again about racing vs drifting
Quote from tristancliffe :Sadly a drifting (as in show drifting) car will never beat a well driven 'gripping' car. Physics define that. However, small drifts (what racers call Four Wheel Drifts) and/or slight oversteer can help overall corner elapsed times. But a big 'Heeeeeeeeelllllllllllp' slide won't be quicker.

Have you read this week's Autosport Tristan? There's an article in there about drifting, they estimate that a show drift car COULD beat a grip car.

But it's horses for courses. You wouldn't cook bacon in a toaster. Or toast croissants in an oven would you?

DK
a 500hp drift car could probably beat a weaker powered car. but not a racecar w/ the same amount of power and money put into it.... because drift cars are tuned to get sideways and produce lots of smoke. they dont have to worry about tires lasting
Quote from davejah :The guy only asked for a AI drift set? No need for a never ending discussion again about racing vs drifting

In X10 and earlier you could get the AI to do some pretty serious powerslides around certain corners. But I've tried everything I can think of to get the new AI to do it and they won't. The only time they ever let the ass hang out is when they try to make a pass and perform their ultra-fast lane change maneuver. When doing that, I've seen an FZ5 fishtail back and forth the whole way down the back straight on Westhill. But otherwise, the new AI are just too good. They don't lose control as easily or make the mistakes like before.
#49 - Jakg
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Have you read this week's Autosport Tristan? There's an article in there about drifting, they estimate that a show drift car COULD beat a grip car.

On your average track...? REALLY doubt it, else they'd all be using bloody Drift Cars!
This thread is closed

Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG