The online racing simulator
LFS Minimium System Requirement
(14 posts, started )
Hi Seniors , can i know what is the minimium PC specfications to play LFS ? If can , please list out in details . Thank you
im running it on

64 vid memory
512meg of memory
You do need a decent processor. Anything 2ghz or more should be fine. You don't need much of a 3D card, but of course you can't expect to run anything these days if you don't have a Geforce4 ti or Ati 9500 type card or faster.

512 meg ram is fine, and 128meg videocards are fine too.

Basically if your pc can't run LFS smoothly, it really can't do any gaming at all!
Celeron 2.5ghz
256 ram
32 vid onboard

20-29 Fps al Lod at minimum
________
RARE DISEASES FORUMS
#5 - Waz
I suggest atleast 1ghz processor to be on races with many people on.
I don't know about video card, but you don't need good one.
I have 2ghz processor and as video card i have radeon 9800 pro. Runs fine with my comp.
these suggestions are all pretty good ideas for "minimum requirements", but i prefer the way it was first explained to me:

LFS basically runs on the smell of gasoline and an oily rag.
I have a problem why when i am on the start of the grid and when about 4 cars around me my fps goes to 7 or maybe less fps. My pc is 1,7 ghz 64 vid card and 384 mb of ram
1.7amd 2000+ nvidia geforce 6200 1270 odd of ram runs at 50-70fps low graphics on my own 5-20fps depending on amount at grid
can 32mb build-in/integrated graphic play lfs or need graphic card ? if need graphic card,what is the minimum graphic card to play lfs smoothly and not bad graphic?my cousin just want to play lfs game only in his coming soon pc so don't need medium or good graphic.
Quote from joshv :I can run it on P4 2.4ghz, 512mb ram with built in graphics tho sometimes the frame rate goes down. Still playable tho.

is it run smooth and not bad graphic ?
LFS is really not a demanding game, any PC made in the last two or three years should be able to run it, even with onboard graphics. That said, performance issues can crop up in large races with lots of cars, as you need a powerful CPU to deal with all the complicated physics and AI calculations the game does. The best idea would be to download the free demo and see how you get on.
Celeron 2.5 Ghz
512 MB RAM
GeForce 6200 256 MB

I get around 60 frames
It drops down to 50s in Multiplayer
LFS works perfectly.

Although this will not be the case if I were to play RACE, rFactor or GT Legends (Another reason why LFS is much better)

P III 600 Mhz
256 MB RAM
Onboard Graphics

I once used to run LFS on this piece of junk.
With all graphics turned down, LOD at minimum, no skins, trees, flags and rubber disabled, sound turned off at starts...i used to get 20 frames offline and around 10 online. I would even turn off explorer and run LFS through Task Manager !!!

My point is LFS STILL RAN
I think that once you have a decent CPU and RAM (mines 2.3Ghz processor and 1GB ram), you should be able to play LFS at a playable level. I run normally at 20-40fps, track and car dependent, and I have no graphics card (*gasp*), the standard on-board one is shite to be honest, it isn't recognised by any detection software.

But, if you get a graphics card, your fps will rise. (I think that the gain is only aesthetic so I bought HDD instead :tilt

Basically, with stock settings on a new-ish PC, LFS will run. But if you want smooth graphics and a decent fps, you need a video card
Amd Athalon64 3000 running at 1.2 volts @2 ghz.

Radeon 9600 video card.

1 gig ram.

LFS runs happily at 60 FPS with vertical synch.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG