The online racing simulator
Less idiots posting would be a nice achivement too.
Would work too.
But I feel kind of ashamed tho
I’m glad it's getting harder and more realistic, it's very funny and stupid of those who try and say "...if things don't change back I'm leaving", because no one really cares or will miss someone who says those kinds of things anyway.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting the goal of LFS. From very early on I understood that the devs wanted to create the best and most real to life racing simulator they could, this also means it's going to have to be harsh on some things/people and some times elitist, but if it's going to be as real as it can there is no other way.

So next time you feel like asking for what are basically arcade functions to be put back remember what LFS is and where it's going. It is a racing simulator, trying to be as true to life as it can be.

Just read this page if you are in doubt http://www.lfs.net/?page=moreabout
I hope that this new clutch sim is going to be a bit of a "leveler", maybe it will make some of the uber alien drivers slower?
How about a server side option? I wont leave because of the change, I've been lfs pad user since S1 days . I support the direction lfs is going though i certainly wont be as competitive or as fast without the blip . Paying with pad is already handicap an it jus annoying to lift off with a pad .I don't like to lift off . I understand if the dev's do not want to bring the option back in . if anything can't they make it a server side option so if the servers want to run with blip cut they can. Least that way people that still run with pad and keyboard can still run with the option they like, and the hardcore wheel users have a much even playfield. Lot of peop been pushing me to get wheel saying i'd faster with it, but then my name wouldnt be 2 slow lol If anything this whole new patch wants to make me go to buy g25 to join the wheel an pedel club continuing enjoy the lfs experience . but again as of now i'd like to see rather an option even server side, so at least peop that still use the auto blip method can still use it , Thanks anyways Travelled distance: 24816 Ml Fuel burnt: 2969 Ltr Laps: 10906 Hosts joined: 703 Races won: 497 Second: 324 Third: 204 Finished: 1456 Qualifications: 19 Pole Positions: 3 Drags / Wins: 120 / 8 I should put before pad and after pad stat
Quote from danowat :I hope that this new clutch sim is going to be a bit of a "leveler", maybe it will make some of the uber alien drivers slower?

Hahahahahahahaha!

Hehehehe.

Oh... Dude...

Hahahahahaha!

Quote from danowat :I hope that this new clutch sim is going to be a bit of a "leveler", maybe it will make some of the uber alien drivers slower?

Well there'll be no more of this flat shifting down gears nonsense
Well, I think I *might* have found a workaround for this. So, I map a button for the clutch, and I hold the clutch while shifting down and braking, and I rev match and release on corner exit. Problem? Too many buttons to push, for one, two, it still leaves me without a way to do some advanced manuvers...
Quote from Dajmin :I have a 2-pedal wheel. In fact, mine also only has a 90 degree rotation as well, so I'm at a bigger disadvantage than most of you lot

But I turned off autoclutch and set up a button on my (only 4-button!) wheel. It's a far better driving experience. Yes it's harder, but it's also realistic. You can't boast about how amazingly realistic LFS is on one thing but then complain when other things are brought up to match it.

As I said in another thread, if you had spent all your time driving without damage, using the walls to help you turn, would you complain when damage was added and you couldn't drive that way any more? No, you'd learn to deal with it and adapt your driving style to suit.

P.S. If anyone is feeling sorry for me, I will accept a Logitech G25 as a Xmas present

HAHA..i did the same thing...i had the logitech wingman..and i had a button set up as my clutch, i and right foot heel&toe..it was hard at first but i got the hang and it, was just as fun...but now i got a G25..and well let's just say...i can't live wit out it..LOL....just had to reply.
-1 to auto cut and blip. It's for noobs.
I think I'll go spam IL-2 Sturmovik, Falcon 4 and Lo-Mac forums threateting to call the developers and everyone part of the community elitist bartards if they don't supply me some handling aids so that I can in a fully realistic manner fly a fighter with keyboard and mouse or pad.
Why can't the dews just make LFS use only three buttons. Button #1 is for racing. Button #2 is for drifting. And button #3 is for cruising.

You just go to a server and press the appropriate button and away you go. The software takes care of the rest.

Ofcourse it should be a server side option to be able to limit these functions as no one would like a cruiser on a race server. Or vice versa.
whne i first installed the patch i used my dfp ( despite having had a g25 delivered ready for ithe patch ) and to be honest i didn't find any trouble changing up or down without the throttle cut and blip functions, in fact to be honest i suspect that at the moment i'd still be faster with it and the autoclutch than i am with my g25.

i bought the g25 because i wanted the extra immersion that a clutch would bring with the clutch changes in the patch but i'd have been quite happy to use my dfp with it, in fact with a two pedal setup its probably easier to compensate for the lack of throttle blip by pressing the throttle than it is for 3 pedal users who have to heal and toe. if you dont fancy timing your throttle blips try applying a slight amount of throttle whilst your braking as it takes the snatch out of the downchanges.

to complain that the modifications should be removed because somepeople havent got the optimum equipment is a bit like me complaining that the graphics and physics should be simplified because my pc can only generate 60 fps maximum and drops to 30 fps at the start. you cantexpect the dev's to handicap their sim and their programing abilities because of somepeoples equipment specs, there are plenty of games due out in the next year that i probably wont be able to play without spending money on upgrades but i don't think i'd get much sympaphy if i asked them to reduce their specs to cater for me. if i'm playing COD4 i know that hteir will be players with a big advantage due to a higher fps, lower ping, higher resalution display, better mouse etc but i accept it and as a i stated at the start of this (rambling) reply, i cant see there being a real handicap using a 2 pedal wheel, obviously it may be different for keyboard / mouse users but if this game had just been released as a commercial GTR rival in the shops with no throttle cut / blip you wouldn't expect it to be added
Quote from Impreza WRX :Well, I think I *might* have found a workaround for this. So, I map a button for the clutch, and I hold the clutch while shifting down and braking, and I rev match and release on corner exit. Problem? Too many buttons to push, for one, two, it still leaves me without a way to do some advanced manuvers...

There's no need to use a button clutch, it might make you happier but will probably result in more clutch heat and mistakes. With auto-clutch enabled on the road cars you simply have to lift on the upshifts, that's the real killer and give a bit of a blip on the downshifts, although it seems that's a lot less necessary. So long as you don't do anything really stupid you shouldn't have an issue driving the road cars, think of it like the FBM but rather than simply not changing gear it overheats the clutch when you drive it badly.
Whilst testing I've found that not blipping when braking on the road cars is still a clutch eater. Which makes sense, because if you do it that way it's a clutch eater In Real Life as well. Also, I have auto clutch enabled, it's just that I override it during braking and wait to release until I'm through the corner. But as I said before, if the other people have combined axis wheels (like some dopey that still uses the Microsoft wheel in XP) for one reason or another, they can't blip on downshifts either.
Whats the complaining about?
I've played this game soo far all on a mouse.. I've been using the mouse since 04'. I'm fully manual with no clutch help, and I've thought the new patch has gave you more of a clutch feel. I was never able to "blip" the throttle before in any other of the patches untill now! Also I've never get the clutches hot enough to really over heat them either. Everyone has the mouse as a option. Proof you need to run out and buy a G25.. You can do the exact same on a mouse and not loose anything.

Travelled distance: 20716 Ml
Fuel burnt: 10072
LtrLaps: 4367
Hosts joined: 1433
Races won: 45
Second: 68
Third: 54
Finished: 301
Qualifications: 44
Pole Positions: 4
Oh yeah I do in fact have THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS shoved up my rear that I can use to pay for a new G25!

And eBay isn't any better! They go for over $100 at least for a used one, and that's with a $0.99 starting bid!
Quote from Impreza WRX :Oh yeah I do in fact have THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS shoved up my rear that I can use to pay for a new G25!

And eBay isn't any better! They go for over $100 at least for a used one, and that's with a $0.99 starting bid!

You have a huge selection in the states. Looking on ebay you can get a new DFP for $90 delivered, even without the weak dollar that's far cheaper than over here. Or you could get a Momo new for $65. Or a Formula Force GP for less than that...

All of these wheels offer split axis pedals which you really need in order to be able to race. Whilst the most basic FF GP isn't that nice a wheel there's nothing stopping being quick with it, in fact one of the fastest racers I've ever seen in N2003 used one (with a high quality pedal set) to amazing effect.
I'm going to hold out until mid next year so I can try and get the G25. There is a very specific reason for me getting the G25 over all the other controllers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG