The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :There is only one real benefit from using a clutch pedal in LFS: In the road cars you can shift up faster than the auto-clutch shift. In the race cars (XFR and up) the auto-clutch is so fast that there is no benefit from clutching manually.

But you also lose time in braking areas and corners; there's the delay from switching to the brake pedal and back again with your right foot, and it's harder to do a smooth transition from brake to throttle and keep the car stable in the corners. You're also more likely to mis-time shifts completely, or miss the brake pedal completely when twisting your foot to bring it over the brake (it's embarrassing when this happens!), etc.

In short: Racers using a clutch pedal are at a disadvantage, but we do it because we think it's more fun.

With practise I don't even think there would be a significant advantage in the upshifts for clutch users I'm already managing very fast and clean shifts with no noticable clutch heat on my momo two pedal setup.

So racing with a clutch pedal is a disadvantage all around still but your right it would be much more fun and because of that I am having a very hard time restraining myself from rushing out and buying an G25 or alternatively building my own pedal setup

@ pwrslave - I thought that also. For me it's actually been the opposite, I've actually been reluctant to push LFS as a true simulator up until now. While the physics felt good I didn't really feel it was or could be classified as a simulator but now that has changed quite abit and I can feel comforatble to push LFS as a simulator on PC to those that drive as a passion in real life
The fact is... you can modify any car to have an auto cut off, right.. so in LFS we should AT LEAST have in all racing cars... It's more realistic not to have it in road cars, but as a guy who races in RL continously tells me that ALL racing cars have that auto cut i think that we in LFS should have it the same.. We can't ask for realism just for sake of realism, it they have it and use it in RL why should i be forced then to manually lift off in LFS, it doesn't make sense.. I also don't undersand the people who says that "it feels right to drive with 3 pedals and "H" shifter" in cars like XFR and GTR's, it's not right, it's right for XFG and such but it sounds that you should drive like that even in BF1? We should drive like in RL, and if in RL every racing prepped car, club or pro series have that auto cut off thing, than we should have it also...
Quote from Boris Lozac :The fact is... you can modify any car to have an auto cut off, right.. so in LFS we should AT LEAST have in all racing cars... It's more realistic not to have it in road cars, but as a guy who races in RL continously tells me that ALL racing cars have that auto cut i think that we in LFS should have it the same.. We can't ask for realism just for sake of realism, it they have it and use it in RL why should i be forced then to manually lift off in LFS, it doesn't make sense.. I also don't undersand the people who says that "it feels right to drive with 3 pedals and "H" shifter" in cars like XFR and GTR's, it's not right, it's right for XFG and such but it sounds that you should drive like that even in BF1? We should drive like in RL, and if in RL every racing prepped car, club or pro series have that auto cut off thing, than we should have it also...

I am not really sure i ubderstand you m8. As though it might be true that IRl you can built in throtle cut off (i dont know the technical possibilyties), just take a look at DTM for example. Whilst some teams drive there with more powerfull engines, they have a weight ballast. And what's XFR concerned, i dont't see the reason as to why it should be a necessety for that car to have a throtle cut; it's the devs choice, as is some IRL series choice to make up rules as to what is allowed in a car and what not. And about BF1 and the H gate, i thought LFS automatically switches shifting to sequential, and u cant shift H-gate? And the new car, i am sure as Scawen has driven it, its the way it shifts gears. GTR class has gearboxes that way so it balances tha class. Imo it feels right as it is, as i take it as it is.
Quote from PwrSlave :I am not really sure i ubderstand you m8. As though it might be true that IRl you can built in throtle cut off (i dont know the technical possibilyties), just take a look at DTM for example. Whilst some teams drive there with more powerfull engines, they have a weight ballast. And what's XFR concerned, i dont't see the reason as to why it should be a necessety for that car to have a throtle cut; it's the devs choice, as is some IRL series choice to make up rules as to what is allowed in a car and what not. And about BF1 and the H gate, i thought LFS automatically switches shifting to sequential, and u cant shift H-gate? And the new car, i am sure as Scawen has driven it, its the way it shifts gears. GTR class has gearboxes that way so it balances tha class. Imo it feels right as it is, as i take it as it is.

Yes, well it's ok with me, it feels great to manually lift the throttle, i'm just saying that if a majority of racing series uses that auto cut off switch, than cars in LFS should also.. I brought this up since i'm arguing with my teammate who raced Yugos with "H" gate shifter who have that auto cut system and he says that if Yugo has it, than XFR and other racing cars also should.. I'm just saying that those people who experinced some RL racing don't find it realistic that they have to lift the throttle since they don't do it in RL either.. that's all..
For me, the best option it would be to leave that on racing cars, and remove it for road cars, that would make everyone happy..
Quote from Boris Lozac :as a guy who races in RL continously tells me that ALL racing cars have that auto cut i think that we in LFS should have it the same..

Well he's wrong because the Formula BMW FB02 does not have an ignition cut IRL, it's the only car in LFS with sequential gearbox without an ignition cut. So move onto your next excuse as to why you need an auto-cut pronto
when I use my mouse, I always lift. Always. I also ALWAYS get my man on TC servers
I like the way they are now in X30 and never want them back
Actually, cut and blip is more useful for someone like me, who uses a ripoff Playstation controller to play LFS. I CAN'T heel/toe because of the combined axis! Also, there are people that have wheels that won't work with separate axis on the pedals. No auto cut I can live with, but no auto blip, well, I don't have the room in my room for a proper racing rig!
I'd say blip would be ok becuase of combined axises. it took 6 months for me to figure out how to seperate my momo's axies (axi?).
#35 - JTbo

I don't have a clutch and I feel that I am not in disadvantage at all, also no any troubles with clutch and haven't changed my driving style either for this new patch.

Only for keyboard / mouse users I could see point of throttle cut and blip help, but perhaps 50% help only then.
Quote from ajp71 :So move onto your next excuse as to why you need an auto-cut pronto

What do you mean mine excuse? I already said that for me, the new patch is great and it's a better feeling to manually lift the throttle.. i'm just saying what's he saying, and i agree with him on one part and that is that majority of racing cars have auto cut and for that reason it should be in LFS also for all racing cars.. if that's real than that's how it should be but again, if it was my decision i would remove auto cut for all road cars and leave it for racing cars..
Imo, if you use controllers like keyboard, mouse wheels with combines axes etc, then it should be possible to enable trottle cut and BLIP.
But thats porbally just me (Tho I use a wheel with separate axes )
Quote from Boris Lozac : my teammate who raced Yugos with "H" gate shifter who have that auto cut system

For me that just sounds weird having ignition cut on H-gate.
Quote from Blackout :For me that just sounds weird having ignition cut on H-gate.

Especially in a Yugo.
I don’t know what cars you ppl drive, but 80% of new (regular) cars have either, pedal shift on the steering wheel or +/- on the shift handle where you don’t have to lift at all…..so for me it’s all unrealistic bs.
Quote from spn43 :I don’t know what cars you ppl drive, but 80% of new (regular) cars have either, pedal shift on the steering wheel or +/- on the shift handle where you don’t have to lift at all…..so for me it’s all unrealistic bs.

What you've described sounds like Tiptronic. The road cars we have in LFS are old and probably wouldn't have such fancy technology. And why on earth you would want such thing anyway? Manual is faster on track, and much more fun.
Quote from Blackout : And why on earth you would want such thing anyway?

Because 90% of LFS users don’t have G25 where u have H pattern and 3 pedals.
LFS isn't the unrealistic bs. It's your controller! If you want an h-shifter, then get one. If you don't, or can't then use other controls as best you can. It's not LFS's fault you don't have a shifter or a clutch pedal.

Besides, most people can shift all the cars just fine with paddles or sticks, pretty much just like before (only lifting on the shift in some cars, which isn't exactly hard).
Bottom line here. If I can manage without blip and cut, anyone can.
I even turn auto-clutch off and can still go pretty quick (by my standards) using a button clutch.

@Crommi:
I'd love to get a G25, it's on my list. But sadly things like rent and bills have to come first. And moving house this weekend really didn't help the funds But as I said before, I'll accept one as a gift
Quote from spn43 :I don’t know what cars you ppl drive, but 80% of new (regular) cars have either, pedal shift on the steering wheel or +/- on the shift handle where you don’t have to lift at all…..so for me it’s all unrealistic bs.

Not true. Evidence please.
I'm no expert but i think most if not all Tiptronic systems are mated to an automatic box, and to a certain extent you can override the auto box in LFS.

There are RL paddle shift systems that are mated to manual boxes with an auto clutch (Maserati Quattroporte for one), and as far as i know a lift of the throttle is recommended for faster smoother changes. And that's just like LFS.

I've been doing some testing this morning with all 3 versions of the LFS gear change and i find the auto clutch by far the best. The full auto box is boring but for me is actually the quickest . The full manual with a button mapped to a key is a bit tricky to master but with practice would be quickest (but i won't be using it unless i grow another thumb overnight, or figure out a way to build one into the gearstick) And the auto clutch is about the right balance and really immersive. Ok so the throttle blip mid change is out the window, but i can live with that ( i'm never gonna be quick anyway so who cares)

p.s with all the testing i've been doing i still haven't burnt the clutch out, and if i can do that, anyone, and i mean anyone can.

@Dajmin you still touting for a G25 ?, If you can live without one of your kidneys i know a bloke who'll buy it off you, he'll give you a fair price too
I've only ever managed to burn out the clutch when I've been actively trying to. I don't see what's so hard about letting off the throttle until you've changed gear. The only way I did it wasintentionally jumping back on the throttle as soon as I'd shifted, while the revs were still sky-high. And even that takes a long time to cause enough heat build-up to slow you down.

And yes, of course I'm still trying for the G25. I'd even accept PayPal donations towards it But I really want to keep my kidneys for now - you never know when they might come in handy
Lol, well it's Christmas soon so who knows what Santa will bring. I'm assuming you've dropped as many hints to your family as you have in here

Same with me on the clutch thing, only burnt it out when trying too, so i can't really see why so many are whinging, but there's so many threads covering exactly the same topics it's getting confusing where to post.
Nah, I already know what I'm getting from Santa, and a G25 ain't it. Maybe I'll pick one up in another couple of months. Even better would be if they added support for it to the Xbox. Then I'd have one in a second
Quote from The Very End :Imo, if you use controllers like keyboard, mouse wheels with combines axes etc, then it should be possible to enable trottle cut and BLIP.
But thats porbally just me (Tho I use a wheel with separate axes )

IMO if you choose to use an unrealistic controller, when split axis pedal wheels are available for less than the price of LFS, you don't need an aid to help you.

The technical term for what you're driving is bloated American slushmatic, thankfully the vast majority of European cars, and virtually everything that hits a race track, still use proper manuals.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG