The online racing simulator
I would like to see some option for combined axis users that enables blip, be it driving help or ability to use both axis and the button assigned to throttle at the same time. I don't really mind how it would work, but some way to operate throttle with single axis under braking would be nice. But I can live without it if that's not possible.

As for throttle cut, if you can apply throttle you can also stop applying throttle. So every one with any imaginable controller should be able to cut the throttle manually, making the removal automatic throttle cut justified in my opinion.
Im ok without this aids but... just thinking that blipping when you have autoclutch on is a bit hard to do, since you have to get used to the timing of the AUTOclutch... wich is a bit fast
Quote from ajp71 :IMO if you choose to use an unrealistic controller, when split axis pedal wheels are available for less than the price of LFS, you don't need an aid to help you.

The technical term for what you're driving is bloated American slushmatic, thankfully the vast majority of European cars, and virtually everything that hits a race track, still use proper manuals.

Don`t you start it again please
People should be free to chose what they want to race, anyway, trottle cut etc if very usefull for them, because if not it would be a nightmare to race.
Quote from ajp71 :IMO if you choose to use an unrealistic controller, when split axis pedal wheels are available for less than the price of LFS, you don't need an aid to help you.

The technical term for what you're driving is bloated American slushmatic, thankfully the vast majority of European cars, and virtually everything that hits a race track, still use proper manuals.

The point is not everyone has the money/resources/ROOM SPACE for a proper 3 axis wheel getup! The point is without auto blip you can't heel/toe if you have a combined axis controller and that makes the car unstable in braking and hurts the clutch when endurance racing (I know I tried)! THE POINT IS you need to cater to the few and the proud that aren't priveleged to the perfect setup, and there are SOME aids that help keep them somewhat competitive!

I still say auto blip and just auto blip can be helpful to us few that don't have a proper set of controllers!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :...but now I have to start using my left foot to brake, and my right foot to blip (I only have 2 pedals, so heel-and-toe wouldn't be practical)...

I have 2 pedals, I heeltoe, it's a thing of coordination

Quote from patussay :Im ok without this aids but... just thinking that blipping when you have autoclutch on is a bit hard to do, since you have to get used to the timing of the AUTOclutch... wich is a bit fast

You know that since I started playing I do heeltoe with my 2pedals setup :P
#56 - JTbo
Quote from Impreza WRX :The point is not everyone has the money/resources/ROOM SPACE for a proper 3 axis wheel getup! The point is without auto blip you can't heel/toe if you have a combined axis controller and that makes the car unstable in braking and hurts the clutch when endurance racing (I know I tried)! THE POINT IS you need to cater to the few and the proud that aren't priveleged to the perfect setup, and there are SOME aids that help keep them somewhat competitive!

I still say auto blip and just auto blip can be helpful to us few that don't have a proper set of controllers!

Shift down later, that helps in such situation and does not slow you down so much
Quote from ajp71 :Well he's wrong because the Formula BMW FB02 does not have an ignition cut IRL, it's the only car in LFS with sequential gearbox without an ignition cut.

They are introducing it next year though, ajp.
Just tried driving with mouse and KB. I will NEVER understand how anyone can drive with them! Anyway, manual throtle cut and blip works just fine. Don't understand what the fuss is about.

The blip, any which way you make it, would be a good addition for those with combined pedals.
Quote from Impreza WRX :The point is not everyone has the money/resources/ROOM SPACE for a proper 3 axis wheel getup! The point is without auto blip you can't heel/toe if you have a combined axis controller and that makes the car unstable in braking and hurts the clutch when endurance racing (I know I tried)! THE POINT IS you need to cater to the few and the proud that aren't priveleged to the perfect setup, and there are SOME aids that help keep them somewhat competitive!

I think a split axis wheel is obtainable for anybody who wants one in Europe or North America, which is the vast majority of LFS players. Most choose not to use a wheel and that makes it very different. The problem with adding aids is as we all know most wheel users will go back to using them just to remain competitive. Essentially LFS requires 3 analog axis to play properly and can't fully accommodate
with less.
Quote from duke_toaster :They are introducing it next year though, ajp.

That has absolutely no relevance to the 2007 specification Formula BMW that is simulated in LFS.

You don’t know what are you talking about…..even my 20 ton dump truck has “shift on the fly” on MANUAL trany….bottom line LFS has taken big step back with recent changes.
When have they added a 20 ton truck to LfS? Why wasn't I informed!

Besides, if you compare LfS vehicles to real life ones you are bound to notice they are mostly of the older kind.
Quote from spn43 :I don’t know what cars you ppl drive, but 80% of new (regular) cars have either, pedal shift on the steering wheel or +/- on the shift handle where you don’t have to lift at all…..so for me it’s all unrealistic bs.

Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Not true. Evidence please.

Intentional ignoring?
Quote from spn43 :You don’t know what are you talking about…..even my 20 ton dump truck has “shift on the fly” on MANUAL trany….bottom line LFS has taken big step back with recent changes.

Lolomgwtf. Well, we aren't racing 20 ton dump trucks in LFS, so I fail to see your point? :ices_rofl
throttle BLIP is need for mouse & keybroad player...
Quote from scania :throttle BLIP is need for mouse & keybroad player...

No it isn't. Before I got myself a wheel, I was racing with my mouse with both throttle cut and blip off, without any problems. Being as competitive as those with wheels.

Edit: Stop whining about it, kthxbai.
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :No it isn't. Before I got myself a wheel, I was racing with my mouse with both throttle cut and blip off, without any problems. Being as competitive as those with wheels.

Edit: Stop whining about it in, kthxbai.

Define competitive, plz.

Travelled distance:3504 Km
Fuel burnt:689 Ltr
Laps:700
Hosts joined:160
Races won:1
Second:5
Third:4
Finished:52
Qualifications:9
Pole Positions:2
Drags / Wins:0 / 0
Quote from fujiwara :Define competitive, plz.

Travelled distance:3504 Km
Fuel burnt:689 Ltr
Laps:700
Hosts joined:160
Races won:1
Second:5
Third:4
Finished:52
Qualifications:9
Pole Positions:2
Drags / Wins:0 / 0

I haven't got time to race no more as homework takes up all my spare time. But when I still went to public school I played LFS all day in the demo. And competitive, that's top three at grid consisting of 11 racers.

Edit: And taking my online stats and conclude how I am as a driver is maybe the stupidest thing you could do. Go figure why.
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Intentional ignoring?

Lolomgwtf. Well, we aren't racing 20 ton dump trucks in LFS, so I fail to see your point? :ices_rofl

No, just ignoring dumb.
Quote from spn43 :You don’t know what are you talking about…..even my 20 ton dump truck has “shift on the fly” on MANUAL trany….bottom line LFS has taken big step back with recent changes.

So your suggesting your 20 ton dump truck has a computer shifted manual gearbox? One of us hasn't got a clue what we're talking about and I'm pretty sure you haven't got a racing style paddle shift gearbox found on a few modern supercars
#70 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :So your suggesting your 20 ton dump truck has a computer shifted manual gearbox? One of us hasn't got a clue what we're talking about and I'm pretty sure you haven't got a racing style paddle shift gearbox found on a few modern supercars

Robot transmissions have been in those long before they entered to high performance road cars.

Somepoint at 90's I believe.
Quote from JTbo :Robot transmissions have been in those long before they entered to high performance road cars.

Somepoint at 90's I believe.

With full throttle cut and blip? I'd be very surprised if 10 year old commercial vehicles had electronic throttles in the first place. There's all kinds of glorification of automatics and I'd be very interested if this guy actually has a robot manual that could work in any kind of performance situation, I'm especially interested that he thinks 80% of road cars have robotic manuals. Unfortunatle7 I'm stupid and cynical and won't believe him until he can give some kind of proof of his statements
Quote from spn43 :No, just ignoring dumb.

No, not 80 % of new cars comes with pedal shift on steering wheel or shift handle. Get your facts straight.

And no, I'm not lowering myself down to your level.
#73 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :With full throttle cut and blip? I'd be very surprised if 10 year old commercial vehicles had electronic throttles in the first place. There's all kinds of glorification of automatics and I'd be very interested if this guy actually has a robot manual that could work in any kind of performance situation, I'm especially interested that he thinks 80% of road cars have robotic manuals. Unfortunatle7 I'm stupid and cynical and won't believe him until he can give some kind of proof of his statements

No, no blipping or cutting, there is driver in car for reason

Trucks are hardly any use at track days, except racing trucks But what robotic transmissions did back in those times was moving gears to place, you just did choose which gear from joystic and it did change gear, clutch was manual still. Surely today's systems are far more advanced and I haven't driven latest models for quite long time, drove those as student, part time job, haven't been student for long time
Just bring it back, those who don't want it turn it off. Doesnt hurt to put another 2 buttons in the options menu, right? Make love, not war.
Remember a few days ago, when I said I wanted LFS to be more exclusive, with less idiots playing it. Looks like my wish has been granted, as they're leaving (or threatening to leave) in droves! Clutch sim FTW (not a standalone clutch sim, which would be pretty boring).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG