The online racing simulator
Worse thing about Finland?
(253 posts, started )
What am I getting into here? Fascinating stuff.
Thanks for your input. No-one has said anything to put me off. I admit to being surprised that there wasn't more negativity given that there must be a majority of younger people here. Very refreshing.
Quote from deggis :
Not yet mentioned: lack of culinary background, often resulting in tasteless food. Altough if you're coming from UK, might not be that big of a shock

I have to comment this. It is true, but mostly with young people (including me). But when you get yourself some real, traditional finnish food, in my opinion there's no better. Like "Karjalan paisti" etc. Somebody can spell that, I can't. Getting myself "filled up" with some great finnish-meat-food with potatoes and butter, I just feel happy after meals like that.

In my home village (yes, I mean village) neighbours, well atleas they try to keep smiling each other. I'm not really a type of person who cares what my neighbour thinks of me.

About driving car, yes, expecially old people think you as a criminal if you drive a car, what isn't like new KIA or some other piece of...
Like ten years ago, it was common to people to drive RWD car with broken exhaust, so it wasn' that bad, it was normal on winter time that you saw some slides on normal traffic. But nowdays, in this little road of my village, I have getten many bad eyes, just by driving like 20 km/h with my car. People don't really anymore understand. Those politics what wan't to rescue world by flaming car drivers have done their damage.

BTW, when I was younger and didn't have driving license, I did'nt like cold winter days, cause of the reason Aquilifer said. But nowdays I'm happy. And oh, in this year at here atleast, were having the seceond "black christmas" on row. Winters aren't like they used to be anymore...
Quote from romus74 :In England and Sweden when you meet a stranger he/she will most probably be polite and friendly,

Hehe... I blanked a group of Europeans (northern, not sure, maybe Norwegian) in town yesterday who asked me for directions because I thought they were trying to sell me something! When I realised they were tourists I did go back and help them though, and we had a good laugh about it.
Quote from Doorman :
Thanks for your input. No-one has said anything to put me off. I admit to being surprised that there wasn't more negativity given that there must be a majority of younger people here. Very refreshing.

Oh, I forgot one! Old people. Damn those old people.

#55 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Oh, I forgot one! Old people. Damn those old people.

Indeed, they push you in shops when waiting in line, they use elbow tactics too, not very nice

Waiting in line is one annoyance too, hardly ever I encounter situation where I could just pay and go in shop, normally it is 3-15minutes of waiting, depending from time.

But I guess that is same everywhere, damn computers and worship of euro.
Quote from Blackout :Yeah, they don't even have a sense of humour.

Ooooh yes they do!

Kaalilaatikko. Nothing better.

Silli, makkara, ruisleipä, viili, piimä, pulla, poronliha, lohi the list goes on. Nami nami!
#59 - JTbo

Traditional Finnish food culture
Quote from Doorman :Ooooh yes they do!

Kaalilaatikko. Nothing better.

Silli, makkara, ruisleipä, viili, piimä, pulla, poronliha, lohi the list goes on. Nami nami!

How about mämmi?
Quote from JTbo :[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.bryggare.net/kuvat5/koskenkorva.jpg[/IMG]

Hey it's "Koskisen Antin korvalääke"! Remember that word when you go to pharmacy.
#62 - zxt
I noticed names in Finland has too much N's K's and E's, I's and O's

Some of the famous drivers and one billiard player.

Mika Immonen
Mika Hakkinen
Heikki Kovalainen
Kimi Raikkonen
Tommi Makinen
Mika Kallio
The names of some ski-jumpers are also not bad:

Janne Ahonen
Matti Hauttamäki
Risto Jussilainen

and especially Arttu Lappi.

#64 - JTbo
Quote from zeugnimod :The names of some ski-jumpers are also not bad:

Janne Ahonen
Matti Hauttamäki
Risto Jussilainen

You did forgot Matti Nykänen Living legend and joke
I'm too young to know him. Only heard the commentators mention his name once or twice and would have had no idea how to write it.
#66 - JTbo
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm too young to know him. Only heard the commentators mention his name once or twice and would have had no idea how to write it.

One more to list, terrible things in Finland

He was incredible good ski jumper, fame got into his head and so did alcohol, trash magazines are still full of stories from him.
Has been in jail, made a book, has career as singer and that film tells about him too.

Now he is going to enter to veterans ski jumping cup or something.

Oh yes and I told once him to make room as he was blocking doorway, he was in drunk then also

Well, it is unlikely that Doorman needs to worry about him, headlines of him just might start to bore after a while.
Quote from JTbo :Has been in jail, made a book, has career as singer and that film tells about him too.

I hope that career isn't very big.

Otherwise, there is another bad thing about Finland.
#68 - JTbo
Quote from zeugnimod :I hope that career isn't very big.

Otherwise, there is another bad thing about Finland.

At least he did sing at autumn regular concerts and all, it is perhaps quite successful among sheeps
Quote from Doorman :Believe it or not. I like that too!

Awesome! I officially welcome you here.

Quote from zeugnimod :The names of some ski-jumpers are also not bad:

Janne Ahonen
Matti Hauttamäki
Risto Jussilainen

What about Janne Happonen, Jussi Hautamaeki, Tami Kiuru and Veli-Matti Lindstroem?

(Sorry, I am a bit of a ski-jumping buff)
#72 - JTbo
Thought of something myself. Pedestrian crossings. Pedestrians use them at their peril! Whenever I stopped to let someone use the crossing, they looked at me as if it were a trick!
#74 - JTbo
Quote from Doorman :Thought of something myself. Pedestrian crossings. Pedestrians use them at their peril! Whenever I stopped to let someone use the crossing, they looked at me as if it were a trick!

True and also when cars turn right there is green light for pedestrians and certainly never ever dare to stop there unless you like to get someone hit to boot of your car

One another thing is that if there is two lanes, don't ever stop at front of pedestrian crossing, that pretty girl will get overrun by truck or something big and heavy as other drivers have not used to such kind of activity and they won't stop there even law says they have to.

What town it was again where you were about to settle?
Quote from Doorman :Thought of something myself. Pedestrian crossings. Pedestrians use them at their peril! Whenever I stopped to let someone use the crossing, they looked at me as if it were a trick!

Hint: Do not creep behind the wheel with a crasy look in your eyes, rev the engine and flash the lights.

Worse thing about Finland?
(253 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG