The online racing simulator
Worse thing about Finland?
(253 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :

Doorman: do you have monthly bandwidth limits in UK? One good thing about broadbands here is that those are completely unknown here. I don't think any DSL connection here has GB limits.

I don't because I'm on a top cable contract but that is the case with almost all of the cheapos here.

That's very good news about the bandwidth restrictions. I did wonder about it.

Now here's another one for you. Television. From my experience of my brother in law's place the TV is abysmal. This makes it imperative to have Sky. Question: What kind of coverage does Sky offer? Can you get English speaking channels? Not for me you understand, but for the VAIMO! She'll miss the crappy property programmes and the animal programmes. You know the kinda thing.
Well done Harjun, the post was 227 posts ago you retard.

What point are you trying to make, out of interest. Finland is quite a "Rallying" country.
Quote :Now here's another one for you. Television. From my experience of my brother in law's place the TV is abysmal. This makes it imperative to have Sky. Question: What kind of coverage does Sky offer? Can you get English speaking channels? Not for me you understand, but for the VAIMO! She'll miss the crappy property programmes and the animal programmes. You know the kinda thing.

The quality of the antenna received broadcast (or lack of it) can be due to many reasons. If you live in Lappland middle of nowhere, with crappy antenna, crappy TV or at the bottom of a mine, it can be shite. In 100km distance from Helsinki where is no geographical obstacles to obstruct it, it should be good. If the house is in cable network there should be even less problems.

You can buy channel packages for foreign channels. Most of them are english, like Eurosport, BBC (at least few different BBC channels iirc), Animal Planet, Discovery, NBC, CNN, ...

Remember to buy a digital 'box' receiver for the correct type of house (antenna, cable or satellite) or a digital TV. If you want to watch those foreign channels, get one with a slot for the channel card.
Quote from Doorman :
Now here's another one for you. Television. From my experience of my brother in law's place the TV is abysmal. This makes it imperative to have Sky. Question: What kind of coverage does Sky offer? Can you get English speaking channels? Not for me you understand, but for the VAIMO! She'll miss the crappy property programmes and the animal programmes. You know the kinda thing.

In my opinion you really should get a satellite package, preferably from canal digital, but it's gonna cost you 45€ per month. Or if you want to have "real television", you should consider subscribing a service like liveuktv or similar. Whatever you do, don't stick with basic (or even pay channel) terrestrial channels, cause they're rubbish. Of course we do get to enjoy some of the crap you watch in UK, free of charge (tv license not included) and mainly in english, but still.

Oh and don't get a satellite package from viasat, it's worse than CD, and the channels are (in) swedish... Thou I did once watch TV3+, which is danish, and danish is one of the funniest languages in the world.
That answers my question. You can get the English channels etc. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not looking to set up a 'little England' but TV is for relaxing and trying to understand another language, any language, isn't conducive to a lazy evening.
Oh, we've received two of the three quotations for moving. One is £4300 the other is £5600!
When they complete a task, they Finnish it.
Speaking of finland.

You finns, How do I build a Sauna?
Just cover a room with aluminum foil, cover that with panels and planks, and get a stove.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Speaking of finland.

You finns, How do I build a Sauna?

If you like to build one inside of house, you need to make good moisture sealing and ventilation, also fire proofing is needed. Basicly it is room with strong heat source and nothing more, but if you like to enjoy it longer than one year you need to take care that no moisture can get to structures and that all materials are heat proof.

Building a sauna
OMG! The Finns are attacking!
-
(Johnny Mountain) DELETED by Johnny Mountain
Quote from Johnny Mountain :This was a really good topic. I decided to 'make' it once again.

huh?

Why the hell are you bumping these old threads?
Soooo...how is the retiring going then, still going to move here?
Better move to Estonia
The things you have to know about Estonia,cheaper alcohol then Finland(Finnish come and drink here),small country next to Finland,but beatiful aswell similiar language,so come to Estonia instead of Finland
Weeeeell, not good I'm afraid. We were on the point of selling the house when BANG! The financial crap hit the fan! Our buyer suddenly got cold feet and the housing market came to a grinding halt. As we weren't going to give the place away we put the whole operation on hold. Over a year later we're still holding.
holy dead-thread bump batman!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :huh?

Why the hell are you bumping these old threads?

Hehe! If this would been "Worse thing about Sweden?" or "Worse thing about Russia?", you would accept my 'bumpings'.
Worses thing about Russia? Hmm....
Communists!
Reply to thread topic: LFSn00b.
Quote from BigPeBe :

Oh and, car keeping is expensive, we have car taxes and very expensive insurances. And politicians think that they can rescue the world by flaming people who drive old and fast cars, they pollute so it is bad sin in many eyes of "world-rescuer". But I don't mind, I still love to have these old RWD-Fords.

This could be about the UK. Finland is sounding more and more like England but with real weather. Not just Grey overcast days and occasionly a "heat wave"

meh, nothing wrong here i think altrought ive heard that tihs guy ''lfsnoob AKA niko'' lives somewhere in here, also heard that he lives in a cave and beats up people with a frozen squirrel. you better make sure you dont go near that guy
edit: also found another bad thing, sweden and russia are neighbours
Quote from batteryy :
edit: also found another bad thing, sweden and russia are neighbours

+1 to that

Worse thing about Finland?
(253 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG