The online racing simulator
Schumacher drives a taxi
(73 posts, started )
Quote from Mazz4200 :
Schumy and the Taxi driver might face a fine.

How could they possibly find him guilty of any infringement without any evidence whatsoever?
Quote from Lateralus :How could they possibly find him guilty of any infringement without any evidence whatsoever?

Good god man this is the 21st Century, since when has a lack of evidence stopped the people in authority doing whatever the hell they like ?
a nice interview with the taxidriver (actually only in german):

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/leben/artikel/500/148150/

fast translation of the most important part:

Reporter:
Isn't it illegal to drive without licence?

Taxi-Driver:
Well, i don't say anything about it now... but in this moment I couldn't care less: Being a passanger of Michael Schumacher, you couldn't miss that chance, could you? His drivingstyle is indescribable, you have to experience it! Just how he takes the corners... you don't feel anything! And how he overtook, just like butter [dunno if it's common in english but in german it means "very soft"]! The changing of the gears! And all that in a Opel Vivaro!

Reporter:
So you put the metal to the pedal?

Taxi-Driver:
He drove the route in 30 minutes where i need 40. But thats all i gonna tell you.
Quote from dropin_biking :Lmao that's pretty sweet, but a little unfair how he didn't get any punishment for his (assumed) speeding,and wreckless driving that he was doing...
~Bryan~

It's called the autobahn...
Quote from DevilDare :lol yeah! nice move schumi i see he hasnt forgoten how to drive fast

Yeah, so much for his "I drive safely and responsibly on Public roads" comment, eh?
Quote from Mako. :Yeah, so much for his "I drive safely and responsibly on Public roads" comment, eh?

Quote from Lateralus :How could they possibly find him guilty of any infringement without any evidence whatsoever?

id say bragging about it on tv and in newspaper interviews is enough evidence that the cab driver did allow someone else to drive his cab
Quote from Shotglass :id say bragging about it on tv and in newspaper interviews is enough evidence that the cab driver did allow someone else to drive his cab

Wow, lucky for us you're not involved in the legal system. Some idiot saying something is not evidence of anything.

I could go to the newspapers and say you took the driver's seat and drove recklessly. Does that in any way indicate that you actually did? Evidence would be a traffic camera which recorded it, or a police officer who saw it personally. Y'know, actual evidence, not hearsay and conjecture.

Quote from Mazz4200 :Good god man this is the 21st Century, since when has a lack of evidence stopped the people in authority doing whatever the hell they like ?

Naturally, but I was putting aside my cynicism for the sake of this discussion.

Quote from Mako. :It's called the autobahn...

Christ, do people honestly believe this?

Do you really believe that every single road in Germany has no speed limit?

30 seconds on Wikipedia would verify if such is the case, but instead people seem content to wallow in ignorance. :rolleyes:
Quote from Lateralus :Do you really believe that every single road in Germany has no speed limit?

No, but that's what they want us to think. It's just the German way of pissing off the rest of the world so we all think it's such a great nation and perhaps it would be best if we all let them rule the world. Lets face it we already believe they make the best cars/beer/sausages and cabbage.

Mark my words they'll be winning the Eurovision song contest next and maybe even entering a team in the Super Bowl league thingy ??
Quote from Flughafen :

Taxi-Driver:
you don't feel anything! And how he overtook, just like butter [dunno if it's common in english but in german it means "very soft"]! The changing of the gears! And all that in a Opel Vivaro!

Yes, we use the term butter like this also.
#38 - DeKo
Quote from Mako. :It's called the autobahn...

Do you people think that all of germany is autobahn?
Quote from DeKo :Do you people think that all of germany is autobahn?

thats what i was thinking
Quote from Mazz4200 :Lets face it we already believe they make the best beer

How dare you! Saying that Germany makes the best beer is an absolute travesty.

Belgian and English beer > German beer, because ale > lager.

That is all.
Quote from Lateralus :How dare you! Saying that Germany makes the best beer is an absolute travesty.

Belgian and English beer > German beer, because ale > lager.

That is all.

Sheesh for a second there i thought you where gonna big up Bud !

But i can tell you're not from this part of the world are you. Belgian beer is made predominantly by monks, and you know monks and their erm habits....And English beer is made predominantly by, well how can i put this, by the English, and trust me on this one Hugh Grant is not yer typical Brit. English beer usually consists of fag ash(thats cigarette ash not the other kind of fag ash ) and sheep urine. And is only served in the UK to old men with beards who have dodgy bladders and no sense of smell or taste. If you look closely at the labels you'll see the "English" beer you get in the States is infact brewed in Scotland, and because ALL Scotsmen are genetically engineered to be born alcoholic they know a thing or two about the brewing process.

Whereas German beer is a perfectly engineered precision tool specifically created to get anyone who drinks it both addicted and drunk exactly 3 minutes and 47 seconds after opening the bottle. And once in a drunken stupour, you will loose control of your mouth and "You vil talk, and you vil tells uz ver you hav hidden ze British piolet"

Mazz keeps fingers crossed our German friends haven't suddenly lost their sense of humour
Hahahaha.

OK, perhaps I should have said English style. There is little better in the world than a fine IPA on a summer evening. Or in the cold winter months, a nice stout is quite a treat (not Guinness though, all the Guinness I've had here has been crap although supposedly in some Dublin pubs it's great.)

Budweiser? I wouldn't even pour that swill to put out a fire.
#43 - DeKo
i prefer glaswegian lager, or at a push american beer

But, assuming you have the sameish rules we do, he had no insurance on the car. he is probably one of the best drivers in the world but he was probably pretty dangerous to other drivers on the road. Lets face it, taxi drivers arent slow drivers, they scare the shit out of me quite regularly, but if scumacher can shave 10 minutes off a relatively short journey, he was probably trotting along at some clip.
Quote from Lateralus :Wow, lucky for us you're not involved in the legal system. Some idiot saying something is not evidence of anything.

I could go to the newspapers and say you took the driver's seat and drove recklessly. Does that in any way indicate that you actually did? Evidence would be a traffic camera which recorded it, or a police officer who saw it personally. Y'know, actual evidence, not hearsay and conjecture.

heres an idea ... next time try to actually read and understand what i said
the cab driver went on tv himself and clearly stated that he let someone without a cab licence behind the wheel of his cab
that is
a) a punishable offense
b) a confession by the one person who actually commited the "crime"
Quote from Shotglass :heres an idea ... next time try to actually read and understand what i said
the cab driver went on tv himself and clearly stated that he let someone without a cab licence behind the wheel of his cab
that is
a) a punishable offense
b) a confession by the one person who actually commited the "crime"

Again, no.

The plaintiff's only evidence is the verbal admission by the cab driver. The defendant has the right to not self-incriminate. What other actual evidence is there? None. If suit were brought, this case would be thrown out before it got to trial due to a complete lack of evidence.
Quote from Lateralus :Do you really believe that every single road in Germany has no speed limit?

No, i meant he drove that way on the autbahn section with no limit,
and below (but still like crazy) trying to go as fast as possible while trying to break as little rules as possible.

Just because I mention that I live "in the US" does not mean that I'm originally from here.
#47 - Gunn
In any case, I'm sure Michael could do the trip quicker than the cabbie even without breaking the speed limit.
Quote from Gunn :In any case, I'm sure Michael could do the trip quicker than the cabbie even without breaking the speed limit.

True, but not stopping for red lights, driving on the pavement and overtaking on double white lines are all illegal too.
#49 - Gunn
Quote from Bob Smith :True, but not stopping for red lights, driving on the pavement and overtaking on double white lines are all illegal too.

Is plowing through sidewalk crowds still a no-no?
Quote from Gunn :Is plowing through sidewalk crowds still a no-no?

Unless it's Hollywood, where they expect it.

Schumacher drives a taxi
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG