The online racing simulator
LFS add on music in MP3?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Mako.
LFS add on music in MP3?
Hi. I know that many do not listen to music when racing, because it is, in their opinion, distracting... but I have had the add on tracks of LFS for a long time now, and have some questions and sugestions about them.

First, I think that, even through the music is "not the newest hit on the radio" it is still very good, and I have recently been wanting to add it to my ipod.

I was wondering if it would be possible to offer an mp3 download of the music as well on the main LFS site or the add on site? The only stuff I found was the original OGG format audio. This also makes me wonder if there have been any new tunes in the works, as a side project?

EDIT: To not take up extra space here's another sugestion which imo will please a lot of LFS users:

Remake the music player in LFS to run MP3 files and maybe give it one of those "pop-up" displays showing the current song that just began for S3 and some eye candy?

I feel that the feature should either be more accessible to people, withought the converting hassle, and a bit "updated", or perhaps, removed entirely if the team does not wish to spend their time doing this.

REASON FOR THIS: currently, the bit is not really used, and most people just turn off in-game music and use winamp, WMP, itunes, etc. instead. So, if you just take it out, there is less clutter and less memory taking up space. I however, hope that this is not the route the devs take.

Well, anyway, there it goes, and I hope that we can get this addressed.

EDIT#2:
Perhaps an alternate solution for the music player is to hold a pole, and if enough people dont use it, remove it from the program until the piece is redone a bit and can support other formats. I think that this is possibly the best overall solution for now, with patch y looming just ahead.
Your portable digital music player doesn't support OGG? Get a player from a more open thinking manufacturer.
#3 - Ian.H
MP3 == proprietry, OGG == open-source

There's really no incentive whatsoever to change... and you surely have a music player? Just play music through that instead of LFS (both of which are ludicrous ideas really anyway while playing a racing game). And those "now playing" intrusions are just a royal PITA! and far more suited staying in the likes of NFS / EA games in general.

Regards,

Ian
#4 - Gunn
There's plenty of free audio converters out there that will turn an ogg file into an mp3. DIY FTW
#5 - Mako.
Well, it's a sugestion! lol

Also, I thought someone will reply with that, so how about just removing the i-game player completely for an improvement suggestion then?

EDIT: If it was easy and hassle free to use, I'd use it. Since I'm not using it, and neither is the other 80% of S2 drivers, wh keep it? Wasted space imo.
atleast have like an insim that has like wmp controls in to where you can change song, volume controls and have the song name showing.
#7 - Ian.H
Mako:
Removing the music option probably wouldn't be a bad thing(tm). A race sim isn't really the place for such a feature, IMO, though as it doesn't literally affect the _game_ itself, it may be left in.

scooby:
There's no such thing as "an insim", so that's likely never to happen.

Regards,

Ian
you've never seen them insim app's that people's made to show the wmp controls ingame? Or at least show the song name?
#9 - Mako.
Hmm, the real trouble is the fact that I'm Russian... but I'm also American... which means that I'm lazy and think that searching for a free converter that works well/fast and doesn't piss me off with it's ****wad interface, to then convert a billion files into OGG to then use on the (abit) subpar (sorry scawen!:shy music player just doesnt cut it! Either make it easy to use, or just junk it!

There, brash, rude, and plain and simple!

Just so that the DEVS dont get pissed off through, the new test patch is smashing!
Well, creating a simple button interface, that does some sort of API calls to WMP/iTunes/Winamp shouldn't be that difficult, other than the fact I have no idea how, but just the idea of it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, creating a simple button interface, that does some sort of API calls to WMP/iTunes/Winamp shouldn't be that difficult, other than the fact I have no idea how, but just the idea of it.

Theres already people working on it...i just wanna know if someones close to being done if they are still working on it...?

LFS add on music in MP3?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG